Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

Shinonome?

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

So, what is the benefit of the shinonome? Guns are short range and rotate slow, torps are faster but still short range. Hull is weak. Im unsure if I wouldnt be better off with a fubuki.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,256 posts
16,130 battles

She is not that shiny of a premium ship... okay at best.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

Free premium with collector cachet. Cannot be bought; must be earned.

• Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

Think Akatsuki gun layout, on the Fubuki hull, with shorter ranged but faster torpedoes.

Personally one of the better tier VI premium DDs, with T-61 being on top of course. And considering the ship is at least 4 years old with no changes, that means something.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SOUS]
Members
62 posts

The guns hit hard but it's suffered with the rework, it has even slower turret speed and gun reload when specced now. Pre rework I had EM and BFT and was happy gunning destroyers. Now I'd rather just use Fubuki.

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Free premium with collector cachet. Cannot be bought; must be earned.

Agreed.

[PVE]
Members
7,893 posts
23,881 battles
3 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

So, what is the benefit of the shinonome? Guns are short range and rotate slow, torps are faster but still short range. Hull is weak. Im unsure if I wouldnt be better off with a fubuki.

Same benefits as any other premium...you can farm 1st win bonuses for the extra CXP w/IJN commanders.

It's a torp boat & it has the 3 rd rack to give you a much better chance of actually getting a torp into a target as you can spam the white line w/1 set & have a set to go behind & in front increasing your chances of actually getting so e torps on target...& it specs he same as any other IJN torp boat...put everything into torps & detection & only use extra points/upgrades for guns...easy peasy.

Members
312 posts
10,424 battles
4 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

She is more of a torp boat than a gun boat.    Take the following commander skills after the first 10 Points (including Concealment Expert)

Liquidator =  +30% chance of flooding

Fill the Tubes = -10% reload time

That gives you a torp boat that can fire NINE torps from either side (centerline launchers)  every 66 Seconds!

Visibility at 6.1km, and 35knots speed without speed flag.

The payback is good (low Service Costs).     Can not really gunfight with another DD, better to pop smoke and run.

>>   One of my favorite boats of all....    sneak around and launch torps at everything....   !

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this