You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmdr_bigdog

Biggest disappointments of rework

34 comments in this topic

[GRETA]
Members
474 posts
16,970 battles

1. High value picks suck. I used to have skills I would take on each ship at 11, 12, and 13 points that really fit well for the value you got. Now those are "meh" except AR which may or may not be worth it as a 3 point when you are deciding if you want to save those points for a 4 point pick when you hit 14. 

2. Secondary bbs suck. 

3. CVs walk away with overall great skills to pick from lots of high value picks. Their dilemma is how to make their build from those great ones. 

4. Cruisers, 14 points and ...meh.

5. DDs need more than 19 points to do what they did at 19 before. 

What are your biggest disappointments of rework?

Edited by cmdr_bigdog
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,796 battles

The rework punishes players who had a lot of time invested in creating 19 point captains and punishes new players or infrequent players as their relatively young captains are at an ever greater disparity with more veteran players.  So it seems WG did a pretty good job of hammering every facet of the player base :cap_like:

• Cool 6

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
41 minutes ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

1. High value picks suck. I used to have skills I would take on each ship at 11, 12, and 13 points that really fit well for the value you got. Now those are "meh" except AR which may or may not be worth it as a 3 point when you are deciding if you want to save those points for a 4 point pick when you hit 14. 

2. Secondary bbs suck. 

3. CVs walk away with overall great skills to pick from lots of high value picks. Their dilemma is how to make their build from those great ones. 

So, basically, every single ship class was nerfed except CV< who were made even more powerful and instantly wipe out playes, deadeye makes noobs instantly able to devstrike pushers, secondaries are basically nonexistant, etc, etc

This fits 10.0 stereotypes so well I don't even know if OP is trolling or serious.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

what everyone else above said. It's the gameplay itself since 10.0 it's just bad on all fronts. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,310 posts
17,556 battles

My colbert being nerf in gun reload time and gun range due because of it. Thankfully the rework was the least dissappointing to Henri IV so I can still play around with a tier X french cruiser

[YORHA]
Members
5,277 posts
10,497 battles

Every time I see one of these topics this comes to mind...

fxq1eU0.gif

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles

Having nothing new posted just the same thing worded a little different by the same people over and over again.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,928 battles

The biggest letdown for me was the lack of diversity in builds. It was a great time to give us say three different trees for each class bb's could of had a

• Secondary tree
  • Full defensive tree
  • long sniper range tree

So people could build there captain the way they want to play like giving up DPM so they can push in a BB without been melted by HE in 2 mins or strong secondary builds without been op because they have to give up skills from the other trees. It just seems silly to rework the skills and make it so EVERY one still plays the same boring build and has to play the same boring way because of limitations to skill tree.

• Cool 3

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles

Biggest disappointments of rework

By cmdr_bigdog

The fact that the Captain's skills re-bork happened in the first place, eh?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
22 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

The biggest letdown for me was the lack of diversity in builds. It was a great time to give us say three different trees for each class bb's could of have had a

• Secondary tree
  • Full defensive tree
  • long sniper range tree

So people could build there their captain the way they want to play like giving up DPM so they can push in a BB without been being melted by HE in 2 mins or strong secondary builds without been being op because they have to give up skills from the other trees. It just seems silly to rework the skills and make it so EVERY one still plays the same boring build and has to play the same boring way because of limitations to skill tree.

Overall, I'd say that they did a poor job with the BB skill tree, because as you intimate, the Deadeye skill is so OP that has become the very thing that this rework was trying to get away from, i.e. a cookie cutter build that pretty much makes all other potential BB builds unviable.

Also, I think that the cruiser and destroyer skill trees have this problem as well, though not to such an overwhelming degree.

• Boring 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

My colbert being nerf in gun reload time and gun range due because of it. Thankfully the rework was the least dissappointing to Henri IV so I can still play around with a tier X french cruiser

From what i can tell, traditional Heavy cruisers benefit while most light cruisers are crushed. That may have been WG's intent, since they been saying for years they wanted greater performance differences between light and heavy cruisers. 

Since rework I've struggled with my CLs, but the cheap options for traditional heavy cruisers like Baltimore, and Albernarl really shine.

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Thankfully the rework was the least dissappointing to Henri IV so I can still play around with a tier X french cruiser

The Henri was nerfed hard a while ago so was rusting at dock. Not sure if "least disappointing" is going to bring it back out of mothballs.

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
35 minutes ago, Crucis said:

he Deadeye skill is so OP that has become the very thing that this rework was trying to get away from

Not sure it as OP as most think. It did change the meta so everyone thinks they have to take it and, in order to use the skill, they have to stay in the back. And try to punish anyone moving up to threaten the concealment conditions on the skill. Nobody wants to have their 4 pt skill neutered. 

Thunderer has become a very popular ship.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 hours ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

2. Secondary bbs suck. 

?????

Again with the BBs are bad because the cpt changes rhetoric? You know that is not going to hold up to scrutiny right ???

BBs, CV, and DD got the best out of the changes...

Cruisers got the torp in the fantail option... SO what do that means in general? BBs are more valued now because the value of the cruiser has dropped since 0.10 patch ( I would even argue before the current patch).

BBs are now pulling double duty by doing apex BB job along with, cruisers Swiss army knife/jack of all utility job..

I can't stress this enough, having the cruisers class being so weak, so powerless to under perform its role in the game.. Just means the other classes will have to do it...

The depreciation of the cruiser class has further tilt the scale to just having the cruiser class as gun fodder for the big caliber guns. <--- This is the irony of the changes OP...

BBs are in a very powerful position... IMO, they have to much for the player to handle. Plus double the workload now...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
32 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Not sure it as OP as most think. It did change the meta so everyone thinks they have to take it and, in order to use the skill, they have to stay in the back. And try to punish anyone moving up to threaten the concealment conditions on the skill. Nobody wants to have their 4 pt skill neutered. 

Thunderer has become a very popular ship.

It's possible that it's not as powerful as some think, but the perception is that it is OP.  And I think that that perception needs to be addressed by nerfing the Deadeye skill enough to make people believe that it's no longer OP.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,360 posts
33,380 battles

Just don't see the point of it.  I don't really want to go through another year of grinding the same botes to get the results I grinded over the last few years.  Just not fun.  Anyone know of any fun online games to play (not WG games)?

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

BBs, CV, and DD got the best out of the changes...

Ignoring CVs, I'm not so sure that BBs and DDs made out quite as well as people think.  Oh, I don't think that there's much doubt that most believe that BBs using the deadeye skill made out amazingly well.   But when the goal of the skill rework was to  improve variety of skill builds, I'd say that they failed in this goal in the BB skill tree.

As for DDs, I think that torp boats made out quote well.  But other DD builds didn't make out near as well, in my opinion.  Gunboat DDs had the "BFT" like skill nerfed pretty hard and to get back the other -10% to reload time, you have to take a questionable 4 point skill that hurts your concealment.  Furthermore, DDs, particularly gun heavy builds didn't gain much variety because all DD builds pretty much require at least 9 skill points for Last Stand, Survivability Expert, and Concealment  Expert.  And if you have very small DD guns, you'll probably need to spend another 3 points on IFHE.  This pretty much kills any variety in DD skill builds.

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
5 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Just don't see the point of it.  I don't really want to go through another year of grinding the same botes to get the results I grinded over the last few years.  Just not fun.  Anyone know of any fun online games to play (not WG games)?

I don't think that you need to grind out 21 point captains to have fun.  19 point captains are plenty capable.  

Mind you, I don't mind the idea of having 21 point commanders, but I do kinda mind that they didn't make the total number of required skill points for all 21 points the same as the number required for 19 points pre-rework.

Members
2,564 posts
5,880 battles

WG has been disappointing everyone for a while now. I do know of a game advertised where you can actually build your own ships and play them. I'm going to look into it. I'm sick of WG. They lie, cheat and steal from their player base. It's getting old. 

I'll be happy to leave this game when another comes along.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,521 battles

Biggest disappointment?

Cruisers:

- Cruisers now have a hard time getting within range to do anything. If they go to the cap and try to help get a cap, if they get spotted, every BB's in the rear shoots at them with dead eye. You better not get detected by a DD or a CV.

- Cruisers can not have a survivability build. They have to get spammed by dead eye BB's in the rear of the map, while those same BB's can build a survivability build.

- Cruisers no long want to support DD's trying to take caps.

- German Cruisers can no longer build for secondaries.

- Cruisers with DD guns got nerfed hardcore. (Atlanta, Flint, Krispy Kreme, etc..)

Battleships:

- ALL of them build for deadeye. (Thought wargames wanted variety builds. Most battleships can spend just 10 points to get the most effective sniper setup in the game)

- BBs secondary builds are absolutely worthless now. They accuracy of the secondaries really is lackluster now.

Captain Skills:

- Your captains are less skilled than before. A 19 point captain old system is more skilled than a 21 point captain in the new system

Overall I hate the new forced meta. I don't like watching ships camp in the rear and ignore caps/objectives. It's like wargames wants to force cruisers to Coop. At least in coop you can actually use your cruisers without having every BB 20km+ fire at you the instant you are detected. (All BB's with dead eye think... OOohhh Cruiser, EXP bonus, hit it)

Edited by Gemlin
  • Cool 1