You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bewegungslegastheniker

Adventures of the modern World of Warships player

13 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts

Once upon a time there was a battle at Tier X where battleships hide in the corners of the map and cruisers lemming train to middle of the map where they got sunk by enemy battleships. They had no map awareness which led a lonely Z-52 alone in cap against 2 DD and 3 CA. Z-52 tried it's best to maintain cap control for multiple minutes and sunk both enemy destroyers. Battleships still hide behind island and refused to perform and Z-52 sunk of CA shells. Team lost the game by points. 

In summary. Don't trust your teammates, they literally are your worst enemy.  No matter what you do you can't make a difference of the outcome of the battle.  At T10 everyone ignores the basics of the game which is cap and hold the cap and sink enemy ships in the process. Not the other way around.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles
10 minutes ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

Once upon a time there was a battle at Tier X where battleships hide in the corners of the map and cruisers lemming train to middle of the map where they got sunk by enemy battleships. They had no map awareness which led a lonely Z-52 alone in cap against 2 DD and 3 CA. Z-52 tried it's best to maintain cap control for multiple minutes and sunk both enemy destroyers. Battleships still hide behind island and refused to perform and Z-52 sunk of CA shells. Team lost the game by points. 

In summary. Don't trust your teammates, they literally are your worst enemy.  No matter what you do you can't make a difference of the outcome of the battle.  At T10 everyone ignores the basics of the game which is cap and hold the cap and sink enemy ships in the process. Not the other way around.

I am the perfect example of the modern-stupid warships player

[PVE]
Members
5,097 posts
22,580 battles
18 minutes ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

AND.................that's why many of us only play.............drum roll please........COOP !    And, skill density holes in the population will escalate and that means even worse stomps ! 

Oh, this game just gets better and better with age..........

• Sad 1

[ECOM]
Members
284 posts
14,937 battles

GOLDEN RULE 1 OF DD PLAY: SCOUT FIRST

That way you can adjust to the team you are on and the enemy team you are up against. Do not cap first. EZ way to die:cap_horn:

Edited by Diddy_Kongs_Quest
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,123 battles
51 minutes ago, Diddy_Kongs_Quest said:

That way you can adjust to the team you are on and the enemy team you are up against. Do not cap first. EZ way to die:cap_horn:

Man I wish I would learn this...the cap pulls me like a magnet... I know what you say is truth, but.... good thing there is a Paulio now... she forces me to scout and get a sneaky.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,661 posts
27,384 battles
1 hour ago, Diddy_Kongs_Quest said:

Definitely.

That way when you realize your team is full of milquetoast, you can go into survival mode and just work to get as good a score as you can.

• Cool 2

Members
1,185 posts
1,692 battles
2 hours ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

No matter what you do you can't make a difference of the outcome of the battle.

This is exceedingly pessimistic & sometimes untrue. You want to reword that statement? :cap_viking:

[ECOM]
Members
284 posts
14,937 battles

7 hours ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

No matter what you do you can't make a difference of the outcome of the battle.  

Not quite, depending on how you play as a DD which most DDs will die first. You can honestly control how the enemy pushes into caps which means you get to control the Battle flow of the match. One DD being alive means all ships have to watch for you. You definitely can make or break the match as a DD. 

Members
120 posts

That Z-52 was top of the scoreboard even after the game.  And yea, co-op is the only way you can enjoy the game without stupidity of other players.

Edited by Bewegungslegastheniker

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

you have to resist the urge to do what your ship class is intended for. That's the new meta 

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
17 hours ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

nice story, one question, who was it that had "no map awareness" ? 

In my (limited) experience things work out best when you adapt your plan to what your team mates are doing and not so well when you expect that they'll just automagically adhere to whatever plan you've cooked up.

Happy Sailing! 

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
172 posts
16,889 battles

I rarely play T10 now ... and co-op is no solution either the me me charge mentality, where your own team is realy the enemy. I myslef do not find it much fun but to each their own. I have been going back and playing t5- t7-8 and having fun except for the CVs but thats the way of the game which there seems to be more and more pelple playing them.

this is why I

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
5 hours ago, Bewegungslegastheniker said:

That Z-52 was top of the scoreboard even after the game.  And yea, co-op is the only way you can enjoy the game without stupidity of other players.

True, but I find random stupidity more entertaining than predictable and inevitable stupidity.