You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MarcusGod7207

Positive things only please!!

64 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,792 battles

0.10.0. From what I have read, heard, and watched, a lot of people(I don't t want to say that everyone does, this is mostly just hearsay and I don't want to grow a reputation of being a liar)  say that update 0.10.0 is the worst thing that could've happened to the game. I'm not gonna lie, I have my fair share of disappointments with this game now. But that is not what this thread is for. I want to hear only good things about this update. No matter how seemingly insignificant the changes you believe made this game better, no matter how useless it may be, I want to hear about it.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
2,227 posts
13,244 battles

I like being able to use my captains on different classes of premium ships because they can have skill sets that vary by each ship type. 

I like the DD skill reworks, and how easy it is to get floods on ships now. 

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

Smolensk got nerfed so far, so I guess that is a positive. But the negatives far....far outweighs any positive that could be found. 

Notser's pals were actually discussing this during his stream last night. How WG eventually does something good, but the bad stuff they do are so game breaking and have so much more impact that any good thing mostly goes unnoticed.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

I like the new Captain UI, it's not perfect (ahem.....reserve captain list) but it's cleaner than the old one.

I like that you have to make hard choices on which way you want to spend your points to achieve a particular playstyle rather than just taking the same skills for each ship. 

I like that you can setup each captain to have separate skills for each class.

I think a lot of the new skills are interesting and experimenting with them has been a blast.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
5,798 posts
9,266 battles

The skill rework has actually given me a reason to think about how I build my captains now, instead of just defaulting to the same optimal build for each class. I hope that they continue to tweak individual skills to give us more room for build diversity.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[BARON]
Members
20 posts
8,695 battles

yes if you put hours of research into each boat and match it with you playing style and you will benefit from the new skills, but for those that do not live this game and just want to play a few games and would like to have a chance to do well are no longer are competitive. in the end it has made sneaky DD crap useless and heard play the only way to win   

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
1 hour ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

0.10.0. From what I have read, heard, and watched, a lot of people(I don't t want to say that everyone does, this is mostly just hearsay and I don't want to grow a reputation of being a liar)  say that update 0.10.0 is the worst thing that could've happened to the game. I'm not gonna lie, I have my fair share of disappointments with this game now. But that is not what this thread is for. I want to hear only good things about this update. No matter how seemingly insignificant the changes you believe made this game better, no matter how useless it may be, I want to hear about it.  

I recommend changing your sources that are being negative...

From my spectrum... The changes have been meh.. I get complaints about the CV rework on every CV match. 2 years after the changes taken place.

Must is fabricated anger (at least on the forum side)... I go to a match right now and its calm (except in CV matches).

With SBMM coming in the next patch drop... Must people from my random study of games this past week... Just dont care about SBMM, but if we love/want variety... Then SBMM can be a separate option.

The game is tolerable at high tiers (not fun), mid tiers are where the must fun you can have in the game. At least for me...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,347 posts

I like having a reason to use commander skill camo  & flags that were just kinda sitting there - Swirski is 300K of the way to 20 already.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,347 posts
6 minutes ago, gun_ho said:

yes if you put hours of research into each boat and match it with you playing style and you will benefit from the new skills, but for those that do not live this game and just want to play a few games and would like to have a chance to do well are no longer are competitive.

If you think you can't do well because of commander skill choices, you are overthinking the game.   

The knifedge  level of differentiations between purple unicum clans within clan battles is close enough for commander skills to make a difference in those circumstances- the vast majority of us do not play that well & certainly within random games, commander skills will not make up for RNG rolls on shell shots or just bad choices or, just the amount of variables involved in matches when you consider 12 moving parts are moving against 12 moving parts.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
54 posts
3,680 battles

IFHE only costs 2 points on BBs.

imo it's a massive buff to nearly all german brawlers. and no one seems to care enough, mostly because muh gk is all that matters

Edited by KarlGalster

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

I am considering revisiting the DD lines due to the skill rework and the changes in meta regarding cap contesting.

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles
3 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I thank the Lord everyday that WG is thinking of tweaking the captain skills  at some later date.

and that they will be so good as to keep respecs free

[SALVO]
Members
7,054 posts
5,529 battles

Splitting the skill tree between ship types was a good and needed change, it opens the door for new and interesting stuff 

• Meh 1

[ECOM]
Members
284 posts
14,937 battles

Being only positive, only presents half of the information needed to make an informed decision. I prefer both sides to make an informed decision about a particular subject. This rework does have some good things about it, but the negatives outweigh it. At least from an observation standpoint of things not my own opinion.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
576 posts
5,040 battles

I now have a lot of free time to be productive outside of the game, as I haven't played a single battle since the patch dropped.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles

Hmm OK

I love the shake up in the Meta.

I see a huge benefit to skills now being in separate trees. That makes changes for WG so much easier. New skills, new ship types etc..

Really like the multi builds on each captain.

I also enjoy working on new builds... so many choices. 

The recall captain feature is very much welcome. 

The darker side of my nature enjoys the silly reactions from the dumpster fire sing along crowd. 

Nice to see the forum complain about something new so that is a bonus.

Cheers.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,475 posts

Recall Captain button is good and the general feeling of weariness with the game has made me play less.

This isn't a salty comment, the shorter period of playing the game has helped me enjoy the game instead of just the constant 'same old same old' feeling of 'grind'. There's so much more to do. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[WOLFG]
Members
1,070 posts

1.  I don't have to spend any money.

2.  I don't have to worry about getting better.  

3.  I don't have to worry about winning.  

4.  I don't have to worry about my stats.

5.  I don't have to grind.

Thank you WG.  You really freed me up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,256 posts
16,130 battles

The menu is improved...being able to see how skill change your ship stats is a very important aspect of this rework.  The idea of 1 Captain being able to captain different ships, premium of course, is a well come addition. BUT this basically makes you want to sell all the fun extra captains like Santa, Dasha etc. Now WG doesn't have to waste money on artist designing the next cool captain...we don't need them.  Some new skills have some merit, mainly in the DD line, but I did say some........

[-BCO-]
Members
1,852 posts
3,455 battles
3 hours ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

There are different..... skillz for different classes. Or so I heard........That's it.