You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

Welcome to World of Thunderers and HE fodder

24 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts

Use to love my Brawlers. loved this game, but its move to keep everyone out back and disengaged has made this game senseless to play on virtually every level. I have well over 2000 battles in just Mass alone and loved being able to push into battle, but with the German CV's and the Thunderer not to even start on the FDR's contribution its made it totally unenjoyable to play. Long ago I gave up playing my DD's because of the CV's and the 10.0 CA skills are far from appealing. So, does anyone know any other games that want close action fighting? and the other game that you’re not allowed to type War T%%%% I tried it and found it very taxing to get into.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
7 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Use to love my Brawlers. loved this game, but its move to keep everyone out back and disengaged has made this game senseless to play on virtually every level. I have well over 2000 battles in just Mass alone and loved being able to push into battle, but with the German CV's and the Thunderer not to even start on the FDR's contribution its made it totally unenjoyable to play. Long ago I gave up playing my DD's because of the CV's and the 10.0 CA skills are far from appealing. So, does anyone know any other games that want close action fighting? and the other game that you’re not allowed to type War T%%%% I tried it and found it very taxing to get into.

Well couple ways you could go. 

First, If the main fun for you is Brawling then just drop tiers. Full secondary Gneisenau right now is a monster. The Meta in mid tiers is largely the same. I just reset 3 lines and played up from the bottom and it is mostly the same. 

Second and my favorite, Exploit the new meta. So if "all" the BB's are hanging out in the back, can you not think of a way to take advantage of that?

To always find the fun play everything, you can always join or counter the current Meta no matter how often it changes and therefore you can always find the fun.

Cheers.

• Cool 3

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles

So, basically you're blaming the FDR for not supporting you well enough? Typical non-CV

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles
1 minute ago, YouSatInGum said:

It is sad where the game has gone... so much wasted potential...

As PQ says... WG is trying to distance themselves from the responsibility of the changes.

https://youtu.be/DKtBmvQUuw4

Brawling is just.... I don't...

it never worked. It's a stupid idea.

I tried it on my Izmail

• Sad 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,179 posts
6,369 battles
2 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

It is sad where the game has gone... so much wasted potential...

As PQ says... WG is trying to distance themselves from the responsibility of the changes.

https://youtu.be/DKtBmvQUuw4

He's not wrong. 

Deadeye is just a symptom of the overall issue: no one at wargaming has heard of the word synergy. 

You know people like to camp and snipe, you add a skill that increases that ability, and then people flock to that meta. 

If they had wanted to make the game more fun, dynamic, any sane person would have said "wait, we don't want skills that encourage camping...but how do we deal with he and fire spam" instead they went the easy way. Why? No idea, maybe their dev team is overloaded? Maybe they want to sell more thunderers? 

Either way, this wasn't a good change but time will tell. 

• Cool 1

[FDK]
Members
1,334 posts
11 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

U dont say....

Thunderer guns really needs a dispersion nerf, from 251m to 296m

[VOP]
Members
952 posts
22 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Come to coop. My Thunderer is equipped for close combat, lol.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles

Maybe BBs are afraid to push without 5 CVs supporting them?

cv.png

Edited by Lose_dudes
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles

'why don't CVs push if you're so influential?'

*CV pushes*

* Team loses*

[SALVO]
Members
6,944 posts
5,502 battles
32 minutes ago, paradat said:

First, If the main fun for you is Brawling then just drop tiers. Full secondary Gneisenau right now is a monster. The Meta in mid tiers is largely the same.

This :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,058 posts
8,287 battles
23 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

He's not wrong. 

Deadeye is just a symptom of the overall issue: no one at wargaming has heard of the word synergy. 

You know people like to camp and snipe, you add a skill that increases that ability, and then people flock to that meta. 

If they had wanted to make the game more fun, dynamic, any sane person would have said "wait, we don't want skills that encourage camping...but how do we deal with he and fire spam" instead they went the easy way. Why? No idea, maybe their dev team is overloaded? Maybe they want to sell more thunderers? 

Either way, this wasn't a good change but time will tell. 

Their map/mode design encourages it. WG has known about the camping tendencies of the playerbase for a long time, and they're fine with it. Stuff like Deadeye is just the cherry on top, we've had a campy af meta for years now.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,206 battles
49 minutes ago, paradat said:

econd and my favorite, Exploit the new meta. So if "all" the BB's are hanging out in the back, can you not think of a way to take advantage of that?

To always find the fun play everything, you can always join or counter the current Meta no matter how often it changes and therefore you can always find the fun.

Cheers.

I like ^^^ this +1 to you sir .

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
59 minutes ago, paradat said:

Second and my favorite, Exploit the new meta. So if "all" the BB's are hanging out in the back, can you not think of a way to take advantage of that?

Cheers.

Well said! that's the attitude that will keep things interesting. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,251 posts
16,098 battles

Overall the Bork has hurt the game.  Smart players will innovate.  One innovation I have been trying is to play a stealthiest CA, follow the DDs close to the cap...by then your in fine position to kill spotted enemy DD and/or your team gets cap.  Most BBs are camped way back and NOT in a position to kill a quick CA... your usually close to an island, run for it, go dark and then proceed to control the cap and win.  Been using Ibuki (regrind) and been playing closer than I would have previously, and having some good games. (lower tier, the Emerald is really even more beastly in this role) Normally BBs would be around 12k from cap, brawlers closer....now no brawlers to contend with and most BBs sitting 18k or so...more time to dodge shells, and go dark.   

[WHARF]
Members
337 posts
18,863 battles
3 hours ago, Ocoda said:

you know we CANT mention other games..against the rules...lol....there are other naval games out there...google it

Members
541 posts
3 hours ago, paradat said:

Cheers.

How do you counter BBs hanging in the back when you're a BB?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, MrSparkle said:

How do you counter BBs hanging in the back when you're a BB?

Well you could look at it that way I suppose but countering back line BB meta with a BB might not be my first choice.

If you were to go BB you only have a couple choices.

First: join the Meta and out play your enemy. So choose the BB's that are best at killing other BB's from Range

Second: Counter the meta by playing the BB's that are best at tanking and out play your enemy by the use of islands and support your DD's and CA's in cap control. (This is what I am doing but that is only because I am currently focused on a full German BB reset of the line)

Also so consider that so far most of the players taking Dead eye also take Concealment so they are limited in the damage mitigation that they can take. This means the the tank build BB's will just smash them in a one on one dual that will still occur in mid and late game. Again Use islands the maps are pretty small so you can break dead eye relatively often if you are smart. 

Your question shows that you all ready understand that the best ways to counter this will be with other ship types that will benefit or can exploit the "BB in the back" Meta. 

CV Start of game do your normal scouting run but then rather than hunt DD's go strait for the best snipers on the enemy team. Very much so if they are isolated. 

DD's More or less same gameplay but if you have a good torp boat consider infiltrating the back line and smoke the campers. 

CA's Stealth CA's same as DD's. Radar gunboats use the islands to make the back row BB's irrelevant and support cap control. 

Most of the maps do not reward hanging back there are just so many islands. 

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts
3 hours ago, dadeoo said:

you know we CANT mention other games..against the rules...lol....there are other naval games out there...google it

Have and little to no luck

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
1,920 posts
1 hour ago, Ocoda said:

Have and little to no luck

Bass Master 2000. Killer fast water bass boats dewd. They don't have the ripple effect that WoWs has though.

Edited by Chain_shot

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
299 posts
8,861 battles
21 hours ago, dadeoo said:

nothing that comes close to free to play warships with multiplayer and the game he tried to mention has such a horrid grind. what this game provides no other company has come close to and mobile ship games are absolute trash. although the game he tried to say has ships you just die so easily plus the horrid grind really makes it unfun. even though weegee makes crappy decisions sometimes they basically hold  the market for any game close to this. i have yet to find a decent free to play warship game with multiplayer besides this game