You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

"O Brave New World which has such Bensons in it!"

4 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

Watch me f*** up horribly in the opening, then rally to survive almost to the end on nearly zero health. 

(I think I should have saved that last smoke for myself instead of trying to screen my team-mates. Opinions welcome.)

Thanks go to @Destroyer_KuroshioKai, who showed me that it was possible to have a decent game after an early opening 'oopsie'. I had you in mind when I fought this one, sir, and your inspiration was most welcome.

• Cool 3

WoWS Community Contributors
3,477 posts
13,893 battles

You pulled out most of what I would have said in an analysis video.  One thing I was concerned about was you smoking up and getting into hydro range of the Bismarck that low.  Instead of slowing down running a long curtain out and using that as a line of sight break might have been a safer option on the off hand chance he had hydro available.

Going over your own games like this will help you a lot, I know it did me!

[0456]
Members
0 posts
On 2/5/2021 at 7:36 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Opinions welcome

okay then

Being a lower tiered DD, idk if it's ever a great idea to rush any cap, when spotting's infinitely more helpful, but since we're past that...

the second you spotted the Bismarck, i would've turned West, knowing their DD was probably in the cap, but since you out spotted him, no biggie.

Since you were turning in...The second you spotted the Akat, you should've started blasting him, smoked, & kept shooting.  Your support took over half his health, & had you stayed in mouse look instead of trying to line up a torp angle, you could've sent him to the bottom when he peeked out of his smoke for those couple seconds.

Once you launched torps at the Bismarck, you should've got moving fast, not smoke up with 1087 HP & start shooting!  It was only blind luck he missed you, but still, you kept shooting?  Yikes

Should've gone with your first instinct & threw torps at the Soyuz instead of the DD.  Turning on AA when it was'nt necessary with 1087 HP?

Anyway.  It's always easy to say what someone shoulda, woulda, coulda done.  No one does'nt make mistakes & a win's a win. GG

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
On 2/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, y_vonne said:

Since you were turning in...The second you spotted the Akat, you should've started blasting him, smoked, & kept shooting.  Your support took over half his health, & had you stayed in mouse look instead of trying to line up a torp angle, you could've sent him to the bottom when he peeked out of his smoke for those couple seconds.

Oh yeah, for sure; I completely ferked up the engagement with the Akatsuki, there's no doubt about that! 

Guilty as charged on all the rest, and Kuro was certainly in agreement with you on the Bismarck. I got lucky there!

I wondered about going in and trying for the Soyuz, but there's no guarantee an airplane wouldn't have spotted me and then BLAP, dead for nothing.

As far as turning on the AA was concerned, the first time I had the Alaska in the cap with me and was supplementing him; the second time, I figured I had nothing to lose - I'd already been spotted, and I wasn't sure I could disengage. With death almost certain, I thought it better in the heat of the moment to turn around and fight it out rather than try to run and just get blapped from behind to no effect.

• Cool 1