Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dechion

Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, and Fujin

Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, and Fujin  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in alternate permanent camos

• Sure, why not
    • Nope, waste of money

25 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,164 posts
4,307 battles

I have a question for my fellow captains and a suggestion for WG.

There are three different versions of the Kamikaze, none of which are available in game any more. I am fortunate enough to have the Fujin in my port, and enjoy sailing her from time to time. 

I had hoped one day to collect all three, but then again I can only sail one at a time. I am fortunate enough to actually have one of them so I'm not complaining by any means.

I would like to suggest making all three of the camos available on all three of the ships. I know that WG is in the buisness of making money, and this is an old ship.

However it would be essentially taking the three skins and classifying them each as a Type 15 permanent camo that's available to each of those three ships. I know it's possible to have multiple permanent camos for the same ship, as I have a few with more than one. (Bismarck comes to mind right away)

Standard that would come with a 1000 doubloon cost per camo. I'd be willing to pay that, or even a bit more, to sport the Kamikaze R wave pattern camo on my Fujin, and I don't think I'm the only one.

• Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

You forgot a "bacon" option in your poll. Terrible. I don't know what the world is coming to these days. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles

Sometimes a ship can have multiple perm camo options.

Sometimes a ship with different camo is considered different ships (e.g. Tachibana and Tachibana Lima, Alaska and Alaska B, etc).

While it would be nice to have the other camo options, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, and Fujin are listed as different ships, so I don't think it will ever happen.

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,307 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You forgot a "bacon" option in your poll. Terrible. I don't know what the world is coming to these days. :cap_haloween:

Lol, true enough. Sadly I don't see a way to edit the poll (at least not from my phone)

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,193 battles
  • Alternate as in a different color for the same camo like we have on tech lines that have that option = sure
  • Pay for a completely different "alternate" camo for the ships = for me no

I personally have no interest in a 2nd/alternate camo for Kamikaze and Fujin (don't have Kamikaze R). I just don't play them enough (they are flake and task ships for me not just play for fun ships). As said above I am not interested but I don't have any issue with WG doing it but not sure they will for ships no longer sold and just available as crate drops.

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,307 battles

Thinking more on it, what I think would make the best financial sense for WG would be to have universal permanent camos available for sale at tiers 5-10. They have already experimented with this, I still have a tier 9 one from the filth event waiting on a ship I feel like putting it on.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,666 posts
25,152 battles
15 minutes ago, dechion said:

Thinking more on it, what I think would make the best financial sense for WG would be to have universal permanent camos available for sale at tiers 5-10. They have already experimented with this, I still have a tier 9 one from the filth event waiting on a ship I feel like putting it on.

I am hoping that the new way of tier based universal camos, is going to be a standard reward now. Seriously, a ship specific camo can be a tough prize to sell, but a tier based one is perfect. I hope we see more and more as prizes going forward. Wargaming does not often get the credit they deserve with stuff like this, the players are often too focused on the bad, but IMHO this is a wonderful and useful change to the game that everyone can appreciate. 

[GWG]
Members
7,400 posts
14,187 battles

I thought the Kamikaze sisters would be serious seal-clubbers in Asymmetric Battles.....
Nope...   Just Nope...

All I could do was spam torps, hoping the radar ships would head my way and run into them.
They knew better.  The only damage I snuck in was a couple charge-in gun hits near the end of the battle.

Came up against a few when I was on the High Side....   With a CV, just keep them spotted, and they melt quickly.  Drop a fighter over them and it outlasts their smoke - and since they have no AA...  bye.

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,307 battles
20 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I thought the Kamikaze sisters would be serious seal-clubbers in Asymmetric Battles.....
Nope...   Just Nope...

All I could do was spam torps, hoping the radar ships would head my way and run into them.
They knew better.  The only damage I snuck in was a couple charge-in gun hits near the end of the battle.

Came up against a few when I was on the High Side....   With a CV, just keep them spotted, and they melt quickly.  Drop a fighter over them and it outlasts their smoke - and since they have no AA...  bye.

For the most part I only play DDs in co-op anymore, pretty much since the CV rework. Anything that relies on stealth became remarkably less fun afterwards, for me at least.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Those dds are horribly nerfed with no aa. They used to be amazing, but who wants to play them in 2 cv matches?

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,770 battles

Fujin and Kami are available in Santa creates. Wish the R was avalible or the camo. 

Wish they would put the Arkansas B in Santa crates

[CO-OP]
Members
2,849 posts
28,463 battles
8 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Fujin and Kami are available in Santa creates. Wish the R was avalible or the camo. 

The playtester ships (Arkansas B, and Iwaki A) will never be available to the general public, they were reward ships.  WG might release an Arkansas and Iwaki (without the letter designation,) but they seem reluctant to release low tier ships.

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,193 battles
2 hours ago, dechion said:

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am hoping that the new way of tier based universal camos, is going to be a standard reward now. Seriously, a ship specific camo can be a tough prize to sell, but a tier based one is perfect. I hope we see more and more as prizes going forward. Wargaming does not often get the credit they deserve with stuff like this, the players are often too focused on the bad, but IMHO this is a wonderful and useful change to the game that everyone can appreciate. 

YES Please. I like the idea of a tier based perma and then you can put it on anything you want in that tier as well like WG has been doing. Heck, I wish they would offer permas for all ships. T1/T2 may not need them but at least T3+. I have a lot of T3-T5 ships I would get a perma for.

Agree Taylor. WG gets trashed non stop and no one ever says good job when they actually do a good job.

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,193 battles
22 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

9 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

The playtester ships (Arkansas B, and Iwaki A) will never be available to the general public, they were reward ships.  WG might release an Arkansas and Iwaki (without the letter designation,) but they seem reluctant to release low tier ships.

Not only won't WG ever release Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta to the general player base they SHOULDN'T. Only the Alpha and Beta testers deserve those ships. Period and end of story. I would love them, don't get me wrong, and I am one of the most outspoken advocates in this game for making all ships available to all players and not gating them behind special modes and resources. It just wouldn't be right with those 2 ships if anyone but the testers of those modes got them.  Any ship offered once the game left closed Beta is a different matter.

If WG wants to offer up the ships with different names  (just not Alpha/Beta) as Hampton said I am all for that but I don't see it happening really. And if they did they wouldn't be the same. No way they give us a new T4 Premium Arkansas with access to all 6 upgrade slots and some stronk secondary guns like the Ark Beta has. They won't give us a T4 Premium Iwaki with smoke, hydro, and 10km torps that reload in like a minute as well as having access to the 1st 4 upgrade slots either. Just not happening. We would get a regular premium with standard options for the tier.  In that case it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? 

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,307 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

Last Christmas was the last time they would be available in the crates if I recall correctly. Arkansas B along with Iwaki A will never be available. 

Even if the Arkansas B was it would be a nightmare to sail now, she has literally NO anti aircraft, at tier 4 where double CV games are the norm and triples not unheard of. Mine sits in port collecting barnacles.

[PHD]
Members
1,855 posts
7,264 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Regular or Canadian? Oh wait, this isn't about the Haida, never mind 

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

I vote BACON!!!!!!

As for the camos.

WG considers them three diffrent ships.  So that wouldn't probably be a feasible idea. 

Kinda whish my Kami R had the color change option though. That would be cool.

[PHD]
Members
1,855 posts
7,264 battles

The camos are part of the ship. But I do think you can use a temporary camo.

What WG really needs to do is come up with a new premium IJN DD in tier 5 or 6. Make that a decent DD, Yuduchi does not qualify. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles
21 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

I suppose you're asking for another money grabber?

It would be an OPTION.  If you want it, you can buy it.  If you do not, DON'T! 

What is this perpetual rage towards OPTIONAL content for money???  WoWS is a Free To Play game model that makes money on optional content.  Without income, the game doesn't exist.

I MUCH prefer this to a game that costs $60 initially, then adds multiple $35 "expansion packs" that you pretty much have to buy in order to continue to play.

• Boring 1

[IJAG]
Members
262 posts
17,446 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It would be an OPTION.  If you want it, you can buy it.  If you do not, DON'T! 

What is this perpetual rage towards OPTIONAL content for money???  WoWS is a Free To Play game model that makes money on optional content.  Without income, the game doesn't exist.

I MUCH prefer this to a game that costs $60 initially, then adds multiple $35 "expansion packs" that you pretty much have to buy in order to continue to play.

umm...perpetual rage? bruh, I was simply questioning the encouragement of it. People will encourage it then WG would try to sell it at some ridiculous price or whatever. Look at what happened to the ARP collaboration when people kept wanting that.   

[-FNB-]
Members
11 posts
22,641 battles

Kamikaze R is pretty much the only ship that I don't have.  Would love some sort of option to get it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,666 posts
25,152 battles
10 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Yeah I always thought that it was weird that they would not make available those ships without the special designation for players when they were clamoring to get them. Now, hardly anyone mentions them any more. Seems a lost opportunity to make players happy and Wargaming some money. 

[PHD]
Members
1,855 posts
7,264 battles

I would like to see more historical camo schemes. I  know there are quite a few already and the IJN is a problem since they mostly used plain gray so telling a historical IJN camo from none would be hard.

The various camos for the Atago are interesting even if they are ahistorical.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Correction

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I would like to see more historical camo schemes. I  know there are quite a few already and the IJN is a problem since they mostly used plain gray so telling a historical IJN camo from none would be hard.

The various camos for the Atago are interesting even if they are ahistorical.

I'd just like to see historical camo that the ships used for the war for their default perma-camo.  Most of the ships ingame use some crazy fictional schemes.  IJN, USN, whatever.

Akizuki below in 1942.

2560px-Akizuki.jpg

Atago below in 1942.

bc8n6sk4u79z.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yamato-class were never given some crazy camouflage scheme, the IJN liked their grays.

Musashi in late 1942.

1920px-Musashi_battleship_in_1942.jpg

Emperor Hirohito and his staff for a picture on Musashi in 1943.

1920px-%E5%B3%B6%E6%9D%91%E4%BF%A1%E6%94

No camo pattern.

The only ships the IJN really started to camo up were their Aircraft Carriers, and that only begun in late 1944.  Shokaku in the game has a camo scheme that she never survived to see.  She sank in mid-1944.  Her sister Zuikaku survived until late 1944 and sank during Leyte Gulf.

Zuikaku below in late 1944 at Leyte Gulf.

1920px-Zuikaku_Cape_Engano.jpg

fuj43068box.jpg_v_c25dab1900ad9fdaab5c7b

But in WoWS, Shokaku has this camo...

captain-picard-facepalm.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Let's not stop there.

Iowa in 1943 below.

016143f.jpg

I have no idea WTH Iowa in game is using.  It looks stupid a.f... WTH is this [edited] below?

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Now Cleveland.

ClevelandT8.jpg?rev=5a9cd0e32a6a86dd9be9

When it should have been:  Cleveland in late 1942.

1920px-USS_Cleveland_(CL-55)_underway_at

The funny part is Cleveland in earlier pre-release versions had paint that was closer to historical.

World-of-Warships-Cleveland-Blues.jpg&f=

Another great laugh is West Virginia'41.  WG made a huge mistake.  They gave WeeVee'41 the paint scheme she got after her repairs of her Pearl Harbor attack damage.  Part of that encompassed a refit installing newer 127mm/38 DP turrets.

USS_West_Virginia_(BB-48)_1944_7.jpg&f=1

The problem with doing that is WV'41 is not configured for that.  She was equipped just like all the other Standard USN BBs, just like Arizona.  During this time, before that above refit, WeeVee should have had that scheme just like Arizona.  Below is West Virginia (right) and Tennessee (left) after Pearl Harbor.

1419258349213.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And how she's configured and painted in the game:

West-Virginia-NY-WoWs.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

patrick-stewart-double-facepalm.png&f=1&

There's some correct stuff out there like Alaska, Enterprise paint schemes.  But the game is overflowing with wrong stuff for the perma-camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this