You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LiquidSolace

You can have whatever flavor battle you want as long as it is circles - WG CEO

15 comments in this topic

[COUP]
Members
1 post

Hey there big man thanks for coming to my post broh 

So the title is self explanatory WG why no gib more game modes for random battles? All game modes we currently have revolve around bigger or smaller circles, circles placed in different places and thats pretty much it for the random or even coop battles. So how about the community here writes all of their creative ideas down below for new game modes. That way someone from war gaming creative department can take your ideas and use them to get a promotion! Lol anyway it could be anything to give you all ideas think of game archetypes, maybe fleet play where you must defend X amount of player vehciles for points or some kind of search and destroy or even a siege map. where one team assaults a port while another defends. There are infinite possibilities. So add your ideas below, maybe talk why we haven't had any major changes since launch almost 6 years ago.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and see your voices heard

Make it so. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

If you want different gameplay then you should try out some scenarios. "Random battle" is the game's equivalent to Team Deathmatch, the most popular mode in online shooter games, and it is just complicated enough to be suitable for teams of total strangers to cooperate. Adding a bunch of new game types would just muddy the water and make it even less likely for random teams to find cohesion.

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
46 minutes ago, LiquidSolace said:

So the title is self explanatory WG why no gib more game modes for random battles? All game modes we currently have revolve around bigger or smaller circles, circles placed in different places and that's pretty much it for the random or even coop battles. So how about the community here writes all of their creative ideas down below for new game modes. That way someone from war gaming creative department can take your ideas and use them to get a promotion! Lol anyway it could be anything to give you all ideas think of game archetypes, maybe fleet play where you must defend X amount of player vehicles for points or some kind of search and destroy or even a siege map. where one team assaults a port while another defends. There are infinite possibilities. So add your ideas below, maybe talk why we haven't had any major changes since launch almost 6 years ago.

1. Game modes are random battles, coop, clan battles, or ranked battles, etc.  Battle modes are sub-modes of randoms or coop, such as domination, standard, or epicenter.

2. I don't know why an Assault mode has never been tried, let alone implemented.   Since Open Beta a small number of different battle modes have been tried, and failed.

Encounter: Think Standard, but with a single cap in the middle of the screen.  It was a mode where capping meant instant victory.

Zone:  Zone was similar to Encounter.  And honestly it's been so long since they tried Zone that I don't remember how Zone differed from Encounter.

Bastion: Bastion was a battle mode with forts that started out neutral, but could be taken control of by one team, at which point they'd start shooting at the other team.  And IIRC, it was possible to knock out a base and flip control to the other team.  But this mode didn't prove popular at all and was removed.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,981 posts
8,904 battles
50 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. Game modes are random battles, coop, clan battles, or ranked battles, etc.  Battle modes are sub-modes of randoms or coop, such as domination, standard, or epicenter.

2. I don't know why an Assault mode has never been tried, let alone implemented.   Since Open Beta a small number of different battle modes have been tried, and failed.

Encounter: Think Standard, but with a single cap in the middle of the screen.  It was a mode where capping meant instant victory.

Zone:  Zone was similar to Encounter.  And honestly it's been so long since they tried Zone that I don't remember how Zone differed from Encounter.

Bastion: Bastion was a battle mode with forts that started out neutral, but could be taken control of by one team, at which point they'd start shooting at the other team.  And IIRC, it was possible to knock out a base and flip control to the other team.  But this mode didn't prove popular at all and was removed.

Zone was almost the entire map as a circle. 

Encounter, eh, not really that great.

Bastion just needed to not have the forts be freaking space lasers and all would have been fine.

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

I am so down with you.

How about: No circles, No timers, No islands and then we duke it out until one team is sunk! Call it "Battle of Jutland" or something. It takes about 180 seconds to design.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
58 minutes ago, Maine_ARC_1 said:

Zone was almost the entire map as a circle. 

Encounter, eh, not really that great.

Bastion just needed to not have the forts be freaking space lasers and all would have been fine.

Actually, I thought that Encounter was just fine, and arguably could have been constructed to be similar to Domination where whichever team controlled the single cap gained victory points rather than it be insta-win.

I don't remember Zone being that enormous.  I think that that mode would have been interesting if it was constructed as followed.  Whichever team had more ships in the Zone cap would gain increasing control of the Zone, until it was captured.  If each team had the same number of ships in the  Zone, no progress towards control would be made.

As for Bastion, I happened to be away from the game for a little while when the mode was introduced and when I returned, I didn't know how to deal with Bastion.  It wasn't very self-explanatory.  Another idea for bastion might be,  rather than having multiple forts and a Domination mode like map, have a Encounter-like map with a single fort in the middle of the zone.  The fort  would start out as neutral, but taking control of the zone could start a counter which when it hits zero, indicates that the controlling team has won.  The way to reset the clock might be to damage the fort or outright destroy it.  Honestly, I don't know where to take this idea, though it seems like it's an idea that could be worked out.

I think that an Assault mode could be interesting, but would probably require some rather unique maps, since I don't think that the current maps are well suited to an Assault mode.

Members
132 posts
6,466 battles

I've always wanted to see a game mode that incorporated respawn. The chaotic meme-ery could be hilarious and fantastic.

Edited by CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
34,979 battles
8 hours ago, LiquidSolace said:

So the title is self explanatory WG why no gib more game modes for random battles? All game modes we currently have revolve around bigger or smaller circles, circles placed in different places and thats pretty much it for the random or even coop battles. So how about the community here writes all of their creative ideas down below for new game modes. That way someone from war gaming creative department can take your ideas and use them to get a promotion! Lol anyway it could be anything to give you all ideas think of game archetypes, maybe fleet play where you must defend X amount of player vehciles for points or some kind of search and destroy or even a siege map. where one team assaults a port while another defends. There are infinite possibilities. So add your ideas below, maybe talk why we haven't had any major changes since launch almost 6 years ago.

Well, they had asymmetric battles last year though it still had circles.

It was different and fun which is why we will never see them again.  

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

More ships versus fewer ships doesn't really work, they tried it a year or two ago with more lower tier ships vs fewer high tier ships and the fewer ships got focus fired out of existence. Not always, but the odds were against the fewer ships. Asymmetry by ship type might be interesting, all battleships versus all destroyers for example.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
7 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I am so down with you.

How about: No circles, No timers, No islands and then we duke it out until one team is sunk! Call it "Battle of Jutland" or something. It takes about 180 seconds to design.

And about that long to conclude the battle, once one side loses a couple ships.

Without the circles and timers, there's no way to reverse the snowball without getting extremely lucky.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

Big open world persistent map with hybrid PvP/PvE elements

[YORHA]
Members
5,277 posts
10,497 battles
4 hours ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

I've always wanted to see a game mode that incorporated respawn. The chaotic meme-ery could be hilarious and fantastic.

Halloween Mode had that, what... 2 years ago?  It was fun.

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
10 hours ago, LiquidSolace said:

Couple of problems with this post:

1)  Our host doesn't have the R&D team anymore and I would suspect that they don't have the money to expand this game...!  If they did, they would have already.

2)  Our host has driven this title into the ground.........  There's nothing left to change it into.  Their "Value Proposition" was given up at the Cruiser Line Split years ago.

3)  below

2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Well, they had asymmetric battles last year though it still had circles.

It was different and fun which is why we will never see them again.  

No.  Us versus Them is symmetrical.   Asymmetrical is when there is no "defined path" to achieving a common goal and all decision reside in the individuals whom are empowered to act unilaterally...  As the military saying goes:  "all plans fail on contact with the enemy;" and, that means that soldiers, at the point-of-contact, had better be able to think on their feet to live;.....and are empowered by training to have free will; and, the best trained Privates have won a great many battles the minute the first bullet flew........

A Free-for-All (FFA) with:

no defined spawn point (completely Random);

no defined ship types (completely Random);

no defined tiers (completely random);

and, on a map without terrain, since open water only can eliminated any "order", may come close...... 

Could that work in this game? 

• Boring 1

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
34,979 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

No.  Us versus Them is symmetrical.   Asymmetrical is when there is no "defined path" to achieving a common goal and all decision reside in the individuals whom are empowered to act unilaterally...  As the military saying goes:  "all plans fail on contact with the enemy;" and, that means that soldiers, at the point-of-contact, had better be able to think on their feet to live;.....and are empowered by training to have free will; and, the best trained Privates have won a great many battles the minute the first bullet flew........

A Free-for-All (FFA) with:

no defined spawn point (completely Random);

no defined ship types (completely Random);

no defined tiers (completely random);

and, on a map without terrain, since open water only can eliminated any "order", may come close...... 

Could that work in this game? 

In short, probably not IMO. Other than the Battle Royale gimmick, i.e. Key Battles, there doesn't seem to be an objective as you have described.