Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Navis_Nobilite

Akizuki - IFHE and fires

5 comments in this topic

[COOP2]
Alpha Tester
361 posts

I'm getting close to unlocking the Akizuki. I am pretty sure it needs IFHE. Is there any reason to get Demolition Expert, since it's not that great anymore? Does the Akizuki rely on fires for damage? Or would I be better off with the faster firing skill?

[PISD]
Members
1,843 posts
6,100 battles
5 minutes ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

I'm getting close to unlocking the Akizuki. I am pretty sure it needs IFHE. Is there any reason to get Demolition Expert, since it's not that great anymore? Does the Akizuki rely on fires for damage? Or would I be better off with the faster firing skill?

Demolition experts is pretty good with IFHE, since the 1% comes after the IFHE fire drop.

but for Akizuki I wouldn’t take IFHE: you can pen every cruisers and every down tier BB as she is. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,826 posts
4,285 battles

You don't need IFHE on Akizuki, she has boosted HE pen even over the quarter HE pen, for 30mm of penetration base. Essentially IFHE is already build in. 30mm allows you to cause a lot of trouble at T8, as you pen most cruiser plating. IFHE does put you over 32mm to pen BB plating, but it's up to you whether that is worth the 4 points. Personally I wouldn't think so, you pen DDs, cruisers, and BB superstructure already, and there's always AP.

In that case then yes, the extra 1% is nice if you have room.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

I don't take IFHE on Akizuki or her bigger sisters and they all pen plenty, and get a few more fires

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
23,833 battles

Other than Mogami I thought the IJN gunboats were supposed to be the big winners in the whole IFHE changes...at least per the mouse (no...not Mickey...the LWMouse).

Guessing she puts more value on farming damage on uptiered BBs bows & sterns though...but...for the T9 & T10 you're gonna see a lot more of that then in the Aki...guessing the Aki is dependant more on the MM you see.

Not like you're not gonna set any fires w/IFHE w/all those shells...although it definitely nerfs the fire chances quite a bit per shell.

As for the direct question in the OP...DE most definitely yes...no matter if you go IFHE or not...& faster firing skills are always good...as long as you aren't giving up detection for them (not sure which faster firing skills you're referring to so just putting that out there).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this