Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pookiebear3153

Commander skills

3 comments in this topic

Members
1 post

When I switch a commander trained for a BB to a Cruiser, it appears that the skill set changes from a BB commander to a Cruiser commander. Does the new commander skills allow this?

I have a 19 point commander which is trained for the Iowa. Skill set says it is for a Battleship. HIs 19 points are spread across BB skills. When I place him as the commander aboard the Atlanta, his skill set says Cruiser. His 19 points are spread across Cruiser skills. Am I seeing things or does the new commander skills allow you to change a Commanders skill set and ship type on the fly?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. One of the big changes made. Because all the skill trees are different now, your commander can have 4 separate sets of skills now, one for each type of ship. However, they are still trained for one ship, so if you transfer between two tech tree ships you will have to pay the retrain cost. Premium ship transfers are all good though.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
750 posts
22,833 battles

Also, when you retrain/reset your captain in the future (doubloons required) you have to pay to reset each vessel type. So, if it’s like before (500 dubs) it will cost you 2,000 dubs to completely reset your captain (BB, CV, DD and cruiser) if that’s what you want. 

Sign in to follow this