Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xxBigbacon

Captain skills

3 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
704 battles

I'm at the Ryujo but curious about captain skills at t his point. I'm at 10 points but haven't unlocked the 4 point skill. With redistribution costing zero right now curious what others use.

Is it also worth taking other 1,2, or 3 point skills over a 4 point earlier on? right now I have air supremacy, swift fish, and survivability expert.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,158 posts
11,275 battles
16 minutes ago, xxBigbacon said:

I'm at the Ryujo but curious about captain skills at t his point. I'm at 10 points but haven't unlocked the 4 point skill. With redistribution costing zero right now curious what others use.

Is it also worth taking other 1,2, or 3 point skills over a 4 point earlier on? right now I have air supremacy, swift fish, and survivability expert.

The image below is the core CV skills that every CV wants to have first before specializing at all. After this, the CVs all specialize base on their strengths. This should be your first 11 points.

1571533529_CoreCVSkills.jpg.230f3fc5f99e8f1f44348cbbec93ffbf.jpg

I admit it is a bit odd that there is no four point skill in the core build, but each of the skills listed does serve a core purpose.

[--DA-]
Members
35 posts
1,459 battles
On 2/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The image below is the core CV skills that every CV wants to have first before specializing at all. After this, the CVs all specialize base on their strengths. This should be your first 11 points.

1571533529_CoreCVSkills.jpg.230f3fc5f99e8f1f44348cbbec93ffbf.jpg

I admit it is a bit odd that there is no four point skill in the core build, but each of the skills listed does serve a core purpose.

What this guy said, especially true on IJN planes which are made of glass apparently and with AA being so effective right now on high tier ships.  Also in terms of specializing, bombs and rockets have been so gimped at this point that I generally suggest specializing in torps (especially on Kaga for obvious reasons).  Even if their damage is underwhelming now, it's at least usually reliable on Japanese CVs.

Edited by NefariousRaven

Sign in to follow this