Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LastSamurai714

Hizen

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
513 posts
10,245 battles

Is WG serious with this turd?

We have ships like Missouri, Jean Bart, Musashi, Georgia, Pommern...then the Hizen.

It’s no where near the same class as the aforementioned ships.  It’s awful and it’s shining feature, the guns are some of the wonkiest guns I’ve used so far.  The Izumo is better on so many levels.

Sooooo what gives?  Why the nerfs?  It wasn’t that good to begin with.  It’s near the bottom of almost every category on wows numbers...

I guess I only have myself to blame for buying the poor product.

Edited by LastSamurai714
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
862 posts
1,050 battles
1 minute ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Is WG serious with this turd?

We have ships like Missouri, Jean Bart, Musashi, Georgia, Pommern...then the Hizen.

It’s no where near the same class as the aforementioned ships.  It’s awful and it’s shining feature, the guns are some of the wonkiest guns I’ve used so far.  The Izumi is better on so many levels.

Sooooo what gives?  Why the nerfs?  It wasn’t that good to begin with.  It’s near the bottom of almost every category on wows numbers...

I guess I only have myself to blame for buying the poor product.

I have a feeling if they buffed it, a different group of people would speak out about how OP it is. People like you are few and far between. Better not make cash grabs huh?

The more they say operations is a gold mine the less WG listens because they're afraid of cash grabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
513 posts
10,245 battles
18 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

I have a feeling if they buffed it, a different group of people would speak out about how OP it is. People like you are few and far between. Better not make cash grabs huh?

The more they say operations is a gold mine the less WG listens because they're afraid of cash grabs.

I ground it out.  Then spent dubs for the last few...total waste of time and money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
424 posts
7,209 battles
14 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I guess I am a sucker I like the Hizen. I have had a great time with that ship. 

Not in the slightest. If you like it then that is all that matters. Different people have different play styles and preferences.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
369 posts
9,704 battles

I have had some fun games in the Hizen. Is it the new Julio Caesar? Nope, but I have found it very playable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
862 posts
1,050 battles

I think the devs were drinking Ethanol when they designed this ship. Refer to this handy chart below:

chart.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,328
[BGA]
[BGA]
Alpha Tester
3,941 posts
31,060 battles

Hizens perfomance is mediocre. That's a good thing. If it was OP people would be screaming pay to win. If it was any less people would be screaming scam. Not every ship has to be the next step of power creep. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,865
[SALVO]
Members
27,529 posts
37,048 battles

I enjoy the Hizen a lot more than the Izumo, though I will admit that the Izumo is generally better across the board. The one place where the Hizen is better than the Izzy is in turret layout.  I don't like "all forward" turret layouts, particularly those with a "C" turret with wonky firing arcs.  I prefer more traditional ABXY and ABX turret layouts (the Hizen has an ABXY layout).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
862 posts
1,050 battles
48 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Hizens perfomance is mediocre. That's a good thing. If it was OP people would be screaming pay to win. If it was any less people would be screaming scam. Not every ship has to be the next step of power creep. 

Exactly my point!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
513 posts
10,245 battles
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Hizens perfomance is mediocre. That's a good thing. If it was OP people would be screaming pay to win. If it was any less people would be screaming scam. Not every ship has to be the next step of power creep. 

It’s not even equal to its peers though...so every other ship that’s better moves up the creep ladder a little more...do they not?

In a way...it is power creep.  By making new inferior ships.

Edited by LastSamurai714

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,328
[BGA]
[BGA]
Alpha Tester
3,941 posts
31,060 battles
36 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

It’s not even equal to its peers though...so every other ship that’s better moves up the creep ladder a little more...do they not?

In a way...it is power creep.  By making new inferior ships.

Sure it is. Maybe you're not having the best games but I've had plenty of good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
513 posts
10,245 battles
On 2/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Skuggsja said:

Sure it is. Maybe you're not having the best games but I've had plenty of good ones.

I’ve had ok games in it, but the fact of the matter is...it’s not on par with its peers.

Guns...awful pen and wonky dispersion.  Reload...flat out worse.

Armor...average at best and lesser than the tech tree counterpart.

Gimmick...none.

AA...none.

Performance...bottom 1/3 in every stat.

So what are we doing here?  Why did I grind and buy this turd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[FAL-I]
Members
1,101 posts
42,693 battles
17 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

I’ve had ok games in it, but the fact of the matter is...it’s not on par with its peers.

Guns...awful pen and wonky dispersion.  Reload...flat out worse.

Armor...average at best and lesser than the tech tree counterpart.

Gimmick...none.

AA...none.

Performance...bottom 1/3 in every stat.

So what are we doing here?  Why did I grind and buy this turd?

very true bro , Hizen is the GARBAGE T9. izumo is bad but is better that hizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[UNC]
Members
1,122 posts
7,118 battles

I like Hizen.  Certainly not my best performing t9 BB, but not the worst either.  After an identical number of games, Hizen performs for me identically to Iowa in all but Win Rate - I can't seem to buy a win in Hizen while Iowa is very close to my overall WR.  TBH I kinda feel like Hizen is the IJN analog to Minnesota, but I enjoy Hizen far more than I did Minnesota.  Hizen's guns are fairly decent, and with the excellent firing angles you can largely mitigate incoming damage (unless you misplay).  Like every other ship in game, its not going to click for everyone.  I am happy enough with Hizen, and I know that I can perform better in her than I have so far so have no real complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×