Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SuperUnicumInBed

A question

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,196 posts
1,698 battles
14 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

When a new player downloads the game, how long is that player in protected MM? 

100 battles or so?

I think it's 200 battles. Every battle at T5+ counts subtracts from that but they don't get protected MM when playing in them(only T1-4). That also means that if you have >200 battles, every player in Tier 1-4 ships is not a newbie to the game.

Edited by black_hull4
not 400, 200
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts
11 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

When a new player downloads the game, how long is that player in protected MM? 

100 battles or so?

The Matchmaker for NewcomersEdit

A newcomer is a player who has played at most 200 battles. World of Warships has a special queue for newcomers entering Random battle so they gain experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to do that by playing Tier V+ ships:

• When playing a ship of Tier I–IV, a newcomer is put into the special queue for newcomers only.
  • When playing a ship of Tier V or higher, a newcomer is put into the general Random queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general Random queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.
  • A Division can be placed in the queue for newcomers only if all members meet the requirements above (not more than 200 battles, Tier I-IV ship).

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Matchmaking

• Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,854 posts
28,505 battles

New players get protected match making until they play 200 games or play t5+

cut and paste from the wiki:

The Matchmaker for NewcomersEdit

A newcomer is a player who has played at most 200 battles. World of Warships has a special queue for newcomers entering Random battle so they gain experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to do that by playing Tier V+ ships:

• When playing a ship of Tier I–IV, a newcomer is put into the special queue for newcomers only.
  • When playing a ship of Tier V or higher, a newcomer is put into the general Random queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general Random queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.
  • A Division can be placed in the queue for newcomers only if all members meet the requirements above (not more than 200 battles, Tier I-IV ship).

edit: Ninja'd by @HamAndCheez

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this