You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Smole? CV? HA! The NEW downvote champion is.........

19 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

My THUNDERER!!!

People have gone absolutely nuts with the overboard reactions to deadeye.

I wanted to see what it was all about so I took my Thunderer out and played it just like I have always... Start outside with HE .. work the flank then push in close mid game to end pushing ships away from my team and caps.

TWICE I topped the board in XP! ( wins ) 

Almost every game I was in the top 5!

At the end of my games before I went back to DDs I thought about checking my karma again...  

I had been downvoted 15 times!!!!!

Some of these people out here have some serious issues.

If your ships conceal is 13K and you are playing danger close in a fragile BB NOT at MAX Range,  that is a GOOD thing.  But to Ding an aggressive BB because it is just the popular thing to do is pretty mental.

Another case of WG Mob mentality.

LOL apparently with all the sad faces on this post I have obviously upset the need to be upset over nothing crowd.   Too bad.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
979 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

My THUNDERER!!!

I wanted to see what it was all about so I took my Thunderer out and played it just like I have always... Start outside with HE .. work the flank then push in close mid game to end pushing ships away from my team and caps.

At the end of my games before I went back to DDs I thought about checking my karma again...  

If your ships conceal is 13K and you are playing danger close in a fragile BB NOT at MAX Range,  that is a GOOD thing.  But to Ding an aggressive BB because it is just the popular thing to do is pretty mental.

And here I thought people downvoted bbs USING deadeye.

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,391 battles

Dang haven't you seen the threads screaming about limiting the number of Thunderer per game ?  :cap_horn::Smile_teethhappy:

Also you haven't even come close... try playing CVs in Randoms and see what you get  :Smile_facepalm::Smile_ohmy::Smile_playing::Smile_veryhappy:

• Boring 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,543 posts
22,334 battles
2 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Dang haven't you seen the threads screaming about limiting the number of Thunderer per game ?  :cap_horn::Smile_teethhappy:

Also you haven't even come close... try playing CVs in Randoms and see what you get  :Smile_facepalm::Smile_ohmy::Smile_playing::Smile_veryhappy:

Seen a lot of Thunderer las week with the fires & modules mission. Seems some missions change ship selection or preference. This happens every now and then.

A couple of weeks ago it was DDs because of torps hits.

That's why I prefer the damage or XP missions, they don't alter game that much.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
11 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

*BINGO*

You are wise as well as nasty.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
22 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

And here I thought people downvoted bbs USING deadeye.

I was using deadeye.. where did you miss that?? Look up how it works again.

I was USING it not ABUSING it.

That is a huge difference.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
20 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

usually when I want to tank my Karma I just take out the smolly..  Kiddies really get their pampers loaded over that ship.

Easiest ship to delete in the game yet so many run from it:cap_rambo:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles
19 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I can beat that, test CVs in Randoms. You pretty much check all the boxes for things the playerbase hates:Smile_teethhappy:

But yeah, mob mentality is a thing. The funny part is the only reason Deadeye is a problem is because the mob thinks it gives you laser accuracy if you snipe. I'm convinced most people can't even notice the difference, only reason they camp is because theoretically it improves. My guess is they still can't hit squat at long range. I think encouraging that playstyle is bad, but I also think the effect is mostly psychological right now with little noticeable improvement to shots on target.

• Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

Your experience with Thunderer says much about a certain subset of players.  It also says a lot about the Karma system that enables those same players.  

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,815 battles
31 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

especially kaga the plane farm... my poor kaga

Members
213 posts
9,840 battles

Repeatedly seeing 5-6 of one ship in game after game gets old fast, and the karma system is the readily available venue to express that. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
671 posts
14,271 battles

You know what to do with Thunderers? Put dead eye and the artillery modifications 1&2 upgrades (i think those are the upgrades names, might be wrong) on a Vermont and citadel them from 28.4km away, lol. Seen a YouTube video of someone doing it, gave it a try, works well.

[SGSS]
Members
5,775 posts
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

My THUNDERER!!!

LOL apparently with all the sad faces on this post I have obviously upset the need to be upset over nothing crowd.   Too bad.

Did dead eye make you better?

[DOG]
Members
1,269 posts
13,118 battles
3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I can beat that, test CVs in Randoms. You pretty much check all the boxes for things the playerbase hates:Smile_teethhappy:

But yeah, mob mentality is a thing. The funny part is the only reason Deadeye is a problem is because the mob thinks it gives you laser accuracy if you snipe. I'm convinced most people can't even notice the difference, only reason they camp is because theoretically it improves. My guess is they still can't hit squat at long range. I think encouraging that playstyle is bad, but I also think the effect is mostly psychological right now with little noticeable improvement to shots on target.

You are probably right.  Because even if your dispersion is reduced 10%, if you constantly fire at targets at 20+ km, even with a gun that has 1000 mps muzzle velocity, the shell flight time leaves plenty of opportunities for the target to turn, speed up, slow down, etc.  But the very existence of Deadeye will keep BBs hugging the map edge for quite a while, until they figure it out.