You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG when you get a new ship how about free cap rescue for a while?

3 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,744 posts

Everyone will develop there own captain builds, when you get a new ship prem or tech tree why not have a free captain respect for a limited time.  Or say 5 captain resp.

This way you can try out new things or see how you want to play it.

[VOP]
Members
953 posts
18 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Everyone will develop there own captain builds, when you get a new ship prem or tech tree why not have a free captain respect for a limited time.  Or say 5 captain resp.

This way you can try out new things or see how you want to play it.

Nice idea but it would detract from the monetization scheme, not to mention extra coding to do so.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles

Part of the skill aspect of this game comes from the need to decide your captain build according to the meta you want to play the ship in (co-op, scenarios, ranked, randoms, clan battles). 

For premiums, that extends all the way back to the decision to buy the ship in the first place. When I buy a premium, I already know which captain(s) I am going to put in it and how I am going to set him/her/it/them up because I've watched review and gameplay videos, read the Little White Mouse review if it exists, and read between the lines of all of that to work out what the ship will do for me if I lay down money/dubs/resources for it.

When I get a new tech-tree ship in the line, I look carefully at it to see if it represents a significant meta shift - e.g. the same shift you get going from Shiratsuyu to Akizuki or Danae to Hawkins. That's the point at which I have to think about either respeccing the commander as they move up or creating a completely new one. I compare and contrast against other ships in my fleet which have similar playstyles to see what would work, and I decide the skills on the basis of what those captains are taking. Am I always going to make the right decision the first time? No. But given the way I typically play WOWS (a lot of co-op with intermittent heavy bursts of randoms), it's not as critical for me as it would be if I were in a top-level clan that's constantly fighting the world's best.

• Cool 1