Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

When will WG fix this broken game???

38 comments in this topic

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles

Since this week/cycle I have horrible disp on my ships, particularly Nurnberg. Just when Wg will be capable of actually fixing the game instead of shoveling down on our throat this crap called skill re....?!?

Btw "enjoy" another bug added to the endless existing ones...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,877 posts
23,861 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

Since this week/cycle I have horrible disp on my ships, particularly Nurnberg. Just when Wg will be capable of actually fixing the game instead of shoveling down on our throat this crap called skill re....?!?

Btw "enjoy" another bug added to the endless existing ones...

That wasn't a bug...it was hand jerk on his part.

When 1 shot out of a 255k damage game goes off when somebody zooms out of binoc mode how can you call that a bug?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That wasn't a bug...it was hand jerk on his part.

When 1 shot out of a 255k damage game goes off when somebody zooms out of binoc mode how can you call that a bug?

No. Watch it again. The aiming reticle is in one direction and the shells go other way.Only when he zooms in again the aiming point changes. It is quite clearly visible.

Edited by Bandi73

[VOP]
Members
598 posts
10,254 battles

When he zoomed in again the target lock switched to the Kurfurst.  

If he was still intent on shooting the Bismarck then yes this is an issue of the game just changing your target lock. It happens all the time when ships are close.

He looked at Kurfurst ,target lock changed to that ship, then took aim at Bismarck again with no target lock and fired the shells went behind it. 

At least that is my take.:Smile_hiding:

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,801 posts
7,013 battles

I think with a second look Flambass was just frustrated at the time. He locked on GK, went to third person view, jerked a tiny bit to the left and completely missed the shot. 

My guess is because in order to do what he wanted to do he had to keep the right click pressed he let go for a tiny bit. 

[YORHA]
Members
5,278 posts
10,497 battles

Nothing is ever  his fault.  It's always a game bug, a lousy team, bad dispersion... anything but his fault.

I was on his channel one time and he was bragging about his results in the previous game.  I said a lot of it was due to the fact that all of the BBs he killed were sailing broadside to him.

Well!

That got me a 10 minute rant about how it was all about positioning and how he had studied the game intensely for years to know how to position himself to get those broadside shots.  So I asked him what did he study to make sure the BBs kept sailing broadside after he shot them the first time (which happened constantly in that game).

Instant permanent chat ban.

• Boring 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Nothing is ever  his fault.  It's always a game bug, a lousy team, bad dispersion... anything but his fault.

I was on his channel one time and he was bragging about his results in the previous game.  I said a lot of it was due to the fact that all of the BBs he killed were sailing broadside to him.

Well!

That got me a 10 minute rant about how it was all about positioning and how he had studied the game intensely for years to know how to position himself to get those broadside shots.  So I asked him what did he study to make sure the BBs kept sailing broadside after he shot them the first time (which happened constantly in that game).

Instant permanent chat ban.

He used mind control. Or maybe negging? (Your boilers are so ugly, why don't we sail broadside and talk it out?

[SIM]
Members
5,789 posts
9,263 battles

Fix your own gameplay, and you’ll be amazed at how few problems that the game actually has. 

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles

I don't know how you people are so blind 

BUG.thumb.JPG.f767a7e166971b8be25264c6facf4c1e.JPG

Can you see where he is aiming ?  That's right just below the GKs bow.  Can you see where the shots are going ?  Thats right about 10  Degrees away from the reticle. Then when he zoomed back in his aiming reticle switches to the point where the shells are.  Before this moment and the zooming out you can cleanly and clearly see him line up for a waterline hit  on the locked on GK.

Nowhere did he jerk as hard as any of you are making it out to be.  That was a BUG  not operator error  @SkaerKrow  @DrHolmes52

Edited by eviltane
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

Can you see where he is aiming ?  That's right just below the GKs bow.  Can you see where the shots are going ?  Thats right about 10  Degrees away from the reticle. Then when he zoomed back in his aiming reticle switches to the point where the shells are.  Before this moment and the zooming out you can cleanly and clearly see him line up for a waterline hit  on the locked on GK.

Nowhere did he jerk as hard as any of you are making it out to be.  That was a BUG  not operator error  @SkaerKrow  @DrHolmes52

I've done the same thing (quick zoom out) and had that happen.  Always thought it was something I did.  (Maybe for me it is).  I thought his cursor shifted when I watched it the first time.

After watching it 3 times, his cursor did not shift (to where his shots landed).  That's odd.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I've done the same thing (quick zoom out) and had that happen.  Always thought it was something I did.  (Maybe for me it is).  I thought his cursor shifted when I watched it the first time.

After watching it 3 times, his cursor did not shift (to where his shots landed).  That's odd.

Yep agreed.   I thought at first he  left the  guns locked but used the free look trick by  holding right click.   Which again leaves the problem that when he zoomed out he wasn't locked onto the place it put him to where he aimed when zooming back in.   But no when he zooms out he keeps the green circles indicating the guns ready to fire.    One way or the other this was a weird bug that caused him to miss a well aimed shot.  

Also yes he did twitch that twitch though as you saw wasn't where the shots went. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
5 hours ago, USMCGal said:

When he zoomed in again the target lock switched to the Kurfurst.  

If he was still intent on shooting the Bismarck then yes this is an issue of the game just changing your target lock. It happens all the time when ships are close.

He looked at Kurfurst ,target lock changed to that ship, then took aim at Bismarck again with no target lock and fired the shells went behind it. 

At least that is my take.:Smile_hiding:

this is not how it went at all. 

[VOP]
Members
598 posts
10,254 battles
4 minutes ago, eviltane said:

his is not how it went at all. 

Why did his cursor drift to the left of the bismarck before he targeted the GK? Regardless why did he not fire when zoomed in?

Is that a thing for one to do? As I can't take that back and forth zooming crap. Was just wondering.

[CDOH]
Members
784 posts
8,252 battles

you don't even know if wargaming thinks it broken.  They may have achieved their goals. Like the balanced CV rework.  Wargamings goals and what we want are not the same.  It is frustrating.

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
4 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

Why did his cursor drift to the left of the bismarck before he targeted the GK? Regardless why did he not fire when zoomed in?

Is that a thing for one to do? As I can't take that back and forth zooming crap. Was just wondering.

It doesnt matter why he was pointing at the bismark  well before taking careful aim at the GK.    Zooming out is a thing good players do sometimes to consider whether he has a better shot one final time. The aim is supposed to stay locked in the same place. 

Edited by eviltane

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
2 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

you don't even know if wargaming thinks it broken.  They may have achieved their goals. Like the balanced CV rework.  Wargamings goals and what we want are not the same.  It is frustrating.

Are you suggesting the aim switching randomly is a Goal WG has in a shooter game ?

[X-PN]
Members
1,588 posts
12,186 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Fix your own gameplay, and you’ll be amazed at how few problems that the game actually has. 

I'm more amazed at the continuous denials anytime a bug is shown.  Admonitions are few and far between.  The MBRB bug, is the most recent example.  There most certainly other aiming bugs as well.  I recently had a game in Mainz where I shooting over a low mountain at a broaside Vlady 12km away.  1st HE salvo had so so dispersion but that sometimes happens, BUT as soon as I switched AP, Hans in the rangefinder decided it was time for a Weinerschnitzel break.Shells were going here, there, and everywhere including into the water in front of the ship and behind it too.  Considering how long the Vlad is, that means dispersion was in excess of 300m.  Two more salvos did the exact same thing.  I switched back to HE and the dispersion, while still a bit below average, more or less returned to normal. 

Considering how little they test gameplay changes, I think it is logical to assume the testing of coding changes leaves much to be desired.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
2 minutes ago, eviltane said:

It doesnt matter why he was pointing at the bismark  well before taking careful aim at the GK.    Zooming out is a thing good players do sometimes to consider whether he has a better shot one final time. The aim is supposed to stay locked in the same place. 

I think the presence of the Bismarck may have been the cause of the bug.

But it is hard to tell.  Wargamming doesn't normally have sloppy code.

(/s)

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,097 posts
7,087 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think the presence of the Bismarck may have been the cause of the bug.

But it is hard to tell.  Wargamming doesn't normally have sloppy code.

(/s)

LOL I completely missed that /s on first read :P 

[VOP]
Members
598 posts
10,254 battles
5 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Zooming out is a thing good players do sometimes to consider whether he has a better shot one final time. The aim is supposed to stay locked in the same place. 

Thank you. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

LOL I completely missed that /s on first read :P 

I don't normally include the /s when I go dry on my commentary, but I knew that would trigger too many people.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

Yep.

[VOP]
Members
956 posts
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I guess the key word is "supposed". I have had lock drift when on target. I do not trust the game to do what it is supposed to do and stay zoomed in when I fire. Even then, I see target lock switch to another ship when just about to fire if the circumstances are right and have to reacquire. I also see targets deselect when switching from guns to torpedoes and have to spend time reacquiring the target. For him to act like this is something new is amazing. It's been going on for a very long time. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Hmm.....last time I checked (some6-8 months ago) the known bug list was like 117. Not that I can't or shouldn't improve.

Edit: Actually I was very very wrong. Oh boy....

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10746/

Edit2: For TL:DR people I've done the "math". It is 492. Known bugs. 

Edited by Bandi73

Sign in to follow this