You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

There needs to be a hard cap on the number of Thunderers per team

26 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,956 battles

And, to a lesser extent, Conquerors. I have the Thunderer myself but I still hate going against it. They are two of the least fun ships to play against in the game because a lot of their captains sling nothing but HE. There is no counter play to HE spam beyond hoping you don't get spotted or hit. You can't angle against HE. Feels like you always get set on fire the instant DCP ends and then get another fire set on top of that.

I will never in a thousand years understand WGs defense of/refusal to address the toxicity the HE spam meta they push creates and how unfun it makes the game to play.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 4

Members
930 posts
2,737 battles

Lol!  What are you complaining about?  The Conq and Thunderer are so amazingly super soft, just shoot back and rack up the XP. 

[5D]
Members
1,139 posts
15,082 battles

with all those dumbderer i started play AUdacious again all that sweet 32mm plating get pen by the carpet bomb , next patch when WG remove and replace those . people will start complaining about not having the ressource to get the new OP ship

Members
930 posts
2,737 battles
30 minutes ago, dad003 said:

with all those dumbderer i started play AUdacious again all that sweet 32mm plating get pen by the carpet bomb , next patch when WG remove and replace those . people will start complaining about not having the ressource to get the new OP ship 

That hurt my brain.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles

The problem at the moment is that every man and his dog is acquiring her now that she's listed for removal from the Armory.  The Thundererpalooza will end shortly after this patch does (and then the howls of outrage from people who JUST failed to get enough coal for her will begin).

[WOLFC]
Members
2,543 posts
11,014 battles

Personally, I’m glad when I find a Thunderer that insists on flinging HE at everything. I’m usually much more worried about the AP.

• Funny 2

[OO7]
Members
659 posts
8,080 battles

Who doesnt love an average of 1 fire per salvo lol

unknown.png

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,768 posts
10,910 battles
13 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

Who doesnt love an average of 1 fire per salvo lol

unknown.png

Citadels?

Heretic.

• Funny 3

[OO7]
Members
659 posts
8,080 battles

The enemy cv was spotted broadside and stationary, surely you understand :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
11,768 posts
10,910 battles
9 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

The enemy cv was spotted broadside and stationary, surely you understand :Smile_veryhappy:

But of course.

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,836 battles

If the red Thunderer player is shooting HE and not using AP then you should count that as a victory as he is not doing all that he can to help his team win. Thunderer HE is impressive and useful but you should never disdain any decent chance to shoot 18 inch AP. Over reliance on HE is something I did when I first got the Thunderer but it is the AP that really kills. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
6,223 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Citadels?

Heretic.

Citadels with HE on cruisers :cap_cool:

[WOLFG]
Members
11,768 posts
10,910 battles
Just now, Torenico said:

Citadels with HE on cruisers :cap_cool:

I was kinda hoping he said it was HE on a Neptune.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,846 posts
14,851 battles
4 hours ago, dad003 said:

Yes, your post proves a hard limit on “dumbderer” (and by extension “dumbderest”) is desirable, but it is hardly practical in a forum setting.

[OO7]
Members
659 posts
8,080 battles

I wish it was HE citadel on that mino, i rarely ever use AP on thunderers.  People that say HE thunderers are not helping their team win have not seen what an HE only thunderer can do.  I was landing 15k HE salvos on a puerto rico at 20km, you simply can't do that with AP unless you get a lucky rng salvo.

HE only thunderer is possibly one of the most toxic addition to the t10 game.  A single thunderer can turn at least 2, if not more, enemy bb into passive backline snipers.  At the rate of 1 fire per salvo and 20 sec reload, you can guarantee at least 2 enemy bb on your flank always on fire.  Once you catch them with a mis-timed DCP they lose all ability to push and tank because now they are burning on 2 more fires.

Edited by mixmkz

[SIM]
Members
5,783 posts
9,263 battles

Yes, the fire meta wasn't toxic until Thunderer came along. It's totally Thunderer's fault. :cap_book:

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles
9 hours ago, Zaydin said:

And, to a lesser extent, Conquerors. I have the Thunderer myself but I still hate going against it. They are two of the least fun ships to play against in the game because a lot of their captains sling nothing but HE. There is no counter play to HE spam beyond hoping you don't get spotted or hit. You can't angle against HE. Feels like you always get set on fire the instant DCP ends and then get another fire set on top of that.

I will never in a thousand years understand WGs defense of/refusal to address the toxicity the HE spam meta they push creates and how unfun it makes the game to play.

Just like there should be a limit on Smolensk, Stalingrad, Moskva, Khabarovsks and Slavas. 

[-ICE-]
Members
507 posts

its because they are removing or removed it so everyone needed to finally get it.   when I first got it not many had it or just never used it much but it has is problems, the secondays are not as good as other BB's up there, it burns, it is easy to hit with torps. It does have good fire chance but its not 63% as advertized not that I can say.  for me it always was a plus bc I dont like switching shell types.. idk i just leave it on either AP or HE.  HE is like less then half of the dmg as AP so i guess it evens out in the end.  

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,178 posts
6,367 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, the fire meta wasn't toxic until Thunderer came along. It's totally Thunderer's fault. :cap_book:

The Conq was total cancer...but you didn't see many of them before Thunderer came along...why? You had to grind MULTIPLE bad ships to get to that mobile meme machine. There were other boats to play people liked, Krem for example.

With Thunderer they took a Conq and made it more accurate and available for coal..you didn't have to grind the line...so you basically got a more accurate Conq. 

Now with deadeye - and their impending pull from the store...yeah

I've seen this game dip before, but I honestly think this is a roadsign that this game is truly going down. Few people would argue that the adding thunderer was a good choice for meta and gameplay purposes. 

Members
7,108 posts
22,025 battles

had a game with 7 and a Conq yesterday. It was a bit overwhelming as I was in an Ibuki.