You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

To all the Deadeye BB's

42 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
914 posts
14,467 battles

When you don't control any caps you lose.

Just thought you should know.

Oh, and there are no caps at the back ends of the maps.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

Members
31 posts
1,099 battles

Just saying, you also don't win if all your BBs get murdered trying to cap.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,670 battles

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of my cruisers getting chunked by BBs sitting 20 Km away. 

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,670 battles
16 minutes ago, DPJoseyWales0331 said:

its even better when they ignore the dd's when they're spotted.

It's not that they ignore them, it's that they're way too far to get a good shot on them. Except that Thunderer, which detonated my shima from 18km away.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,807 posts
37,247 battles
50 minutes ago, hexeris said:

The excuse is that's the DDs fault for not keeping the caps green.

The rest of the team is just there to farm damage from as far away as possible, caps have nothing to do with them.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,498 posts
1 hour ago, Final8ty said:

The rest of the team is just there to farm damage from as far away as possible, caps have nothing to do with them.

The degree of the success of the DDs in fighting for the caps - is still dependant on the support that the DDs get from the team.

Of course the way the enemy team supports each other is also a factor - hence the 'team synergy'. 

Each ship has a role, and yes part of that for some ships is the damage output - but where that damage is focused is the thing that wins games - saying it is that 'ship types' job to do that is (IMO) wrong. It is the role of every ship to achieve the objective that wins the game - if that means a CV going into a cap to win the game, so be it. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
51 posts
25,732 battles

What I am tending to see is  cruisers now hanging back with the BB s, more often than not behind the BB s.  

Funniest thing is seeing radar cruisers pop radar 15 k away from caps, just in case there is a DD there.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,167 posts
11,310 battles

The greatest threat to the game is the stupid players who think Dead Eye is a win button. At tier 10, if you want to run Yamato, Thunderer, Conquerer, Vermont, or Montana, Dead Eye is the skill for you. If you run Republique, there will be times that it will be useful, but you need to be acutely aware when you should forget you have that skill and be aggressive (Same goes for Montana, but will happen slightly less often). If you run Kremlin, sure, you can make your guns more accurate, but you are far less valuable to your team playing that way. GK and Colombo should never, ever take that skill. It is a complete waste of their potential. Even if the secondaries aren't fixed yet, a pushing survival based GK is still great for a team's win chance. Colombo won't be available to the public for a couple more months, but spoiler, it also wants to get close to get maximum punishment with its SAP. 

On an related note, it's going to be hilarious watching ships get ready to deal with a charging Yolo Emilio in a rapidly approaching smoke cloud only to discover it's actually an undetected Colombo getting ready to unload 16 guns worth of battleship SAP at close range.

• Cool 3

Members
5,671 posts
11,009 battles

I will let my BB captains know when they are commonly less than 4 KM from the cap within 5 minutes of the game starting.  Funny enough - I see a lot fewer hanging out in the back since the rework.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
4 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of my cruisers getting chunked by BBs sitting 20 Km away. 

That's because you haven't adapted....

....by not playing cruisers...:Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
4 hours ago, hexeris said:

Yeah, but how else are they going to be safe from Deadeye BBs that move up?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,394 posts
10,021 battles
3 hours ago, Final8ty said:

You know what? 

The more I play high-tier DDs, the more I agree with you. 

I will say though, it's way easier now for a BB with Deadeye to defend a cap, just get close once your DD takes it, and the enemy BBs aren't coming anywhere near it lol. As long as I don't get gang-banged off the start by multiple BBs, it's actually easier to support and push to the middle.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
5 hours ago, Suzuteo said:

Just saying, you also don't win if all your BBs get murdered trying to cap.

It's almost like there should exist something in between the two extremes, a 'middle ground' as it were. Though I suppose it'd be middle water here. If only such a thing existed ...

Oh wait.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[SIM]
Members
5,813 posts
9,272 battles
5 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

It's not that they ignore them, it's that they're way too far to get a good shot on them. Except that Thunderer, which detonated my shima from 18km away.

You’re in O7, and you don’t run anti-detonation signals on your Shimakaze? :cap_old:

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,108 posts
7,109 battles
23 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You’re in O7, and you don’t run anti-detonation signals on your Shimakaze? :cap_old:

Gotta farm them flags. 

[TIGRB]
Members
392 posts
1,919 battles

Sorry but I feel all the DD's should just yolo now and not even bother with capping. World of Warships has created a Game where a certain class of ship no longer has to participate in supporting or taking the same risks as everyone else. It has now become kind of a free for all, every Man and Women for themselves. Not good at all.

• Cool 2

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,635 battles
19 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Sorry but I feel all the DD's should just yolo now and not even bother with capping. World of Warships has created a Game where a certain class of ship no longer has to participate in supporting or taking the same risks as everyone else. It has now become kind of a free for all, every Man and Women for themselves. Not good at all.

As a result of this deadeye cluster f, the asashio is in a great place.  I have never seen so many torpedo hits on ships i was not even aiming at.

• Cool 2

[SRBL]
Members
545 posts
14,299 battles

Played my Thunderer yesterday and there ended up being two more on my team and two on the other. The map was North and the first cap didn't occur until 11 minutes in. We won as the last two ships were me and another Thunderer versus a Thunderer and a YY. We wasted the BB and then the DD had no choice but to rush us at B since we had C and they had A. The score at that time was like 400 to 300 with 1 minute left. 

Gotta love Dead Eye. 

Members
5,671 posts
11,009 battles
7 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

Funny because the VAST majority of the time I have chunked cruisers....  They were sailing inside of 20KM and broadside to 3-5 ships at any given time.  So many get chunked because they invite it based on hows the cruiser is played.  One thing you have to do is move, side to side and speed changes.  Notice who has their guns aimed in your direction.

I played cruisers last night and the night before.  I have gotten chunked and then I changed.  Most of me best games were after BBs reminded me how not to play the cruiser.

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,899 battles
18 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Funny because the VAST majority of the time I have chunked cruisers....  They were sailing inside of 20KM and broadside to 3-5 ships at any given time.  So many get chunked because they invite it based on hows the cruiser is played.  One thing you have to do is move, side to side and speed changes.  Notice who has their guns aimed in your direction.

I played cruisers last night and the night before.  I have gotten chunked and then I changed.  Most of me best games were after BBs reminded me how not to play the cruiser.

or they could have turn bow into you and been broadside to the other 4-5 BBs running Dead Eye in the game.

[WAIFU]
Members
894 posts
11,631 battles
8 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

take the petro pill

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,409 posts
10,655 battles
9 hours ago, hexeris said:

You can win by taking out all ships even if they own all caps. Taking down a ship gives you equivalent points to owning a single cap for ~4 minutes (or all 3 or 4 caps for 1 minute). 

Of course, caps are very important to have but the real reason teams usually lose is when the cruisers and DD's YOLOLEMMING to the caps in the opening of the battle, die, give the enemy team a huge lead in points and leave the rest of the team blind as the few remaining dds and cruisers find an island and stay there gunboating. 

Deadeye has nothing to do with the currently 'back end sniping' BB meta. If your BB did not have good long range performance before, it won't have it now as a 10% improvement is not going to make that much of a difference. Aka German BBs are still not worth using as long range snipers. 

The nerfing of the secondaries, the cruisers losing a lot of survival skills and the DDs gaining lots of gunboating options is what has made spotting and pushing be counter productive. The only ships that can do this now are soviet ships...and this is obviously by design. The glorious fantasy soviet navy has to be seen as the macho bow rushing and pushing line while everyone else sits in the back watching in awe and envy... or at least that is Putingrad's mandate to WG. 

Once secondaries are returned to what they were previously..aka able to nail a DD or cruiser down (which is why BBs have secondaries in the first place)...and once cruisers get some surival skills back ... things would return to a balanced normal.