Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

If I dismiss a 10 point captain, how does that augment an existing 13 pointer, for instance ?

8 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,515 posts
16,277 battles

Does it need to be same nation ?

Anyone gained captain exp this way ?

Credits or doubloons needed ?

How does the interface work for this?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

It dumps the "recovered" Elite Captain XP into the general pool, which can be used to train other captains.  

Use the + icon next to the captain's training bar to add a point using ECXP. 

Credits or doubloons can be used when dismissing the captain, with doubloons "recovering" more of that ECXP. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,515 posts
16,277 battles
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It dumps the "recovered" Elite Captain XP into the general pool, which can be used to train other captains.  

Use the + icon next to the captain's training bar to add a point using ECXP. 

Credits or doubloons can be used when dismissing the captain, with doubloons "recovering" more of that ECXP. 

If I right click on a reserve commander, and the dismiss option shows up in the mini-window, how do you know how much captain exp is going to get added to the general exp pool ?

I'm looking for a way go look at unused captains, decide which are headed out the door, without dismissing the one I have a ship  assigned to currently. Looks like I can change, send to reserve, or dismiss them. Looking for something different than these actions.

Edited by Ericson38

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
28 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I'm looking for a way go look at unused captains, decide which are headed out the door, without dismissing the one I have a ship  assigned to currently. Looks like I can change, send to reserve, or dismiss them. Looking for something different than these actions.

You can only see the reserve captains for the nation of the ship you have selected, unfortunately.

If you right-click on the captain in the reserve, there's a Dismiss option that pops up.

I THINK that dismissing the captain is where the option to "cash them in" comes up, but for obvious reasons I'm reluctant to test that. 

Hopefully someone who has done it will come along and confirm/correct.

[KRAK]
Members
1,515 posts
16,277 battles
30 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You can only see the reserve captains for the nation of the ship you have selected, unfortunately.

If you right-click on the captain in the reserve, there's a Dismiss option that pops up.

I THINK that dismissing the captain is where the option to "cash them in" comes up, but for obvious reasons I'm reluctant to test that. 

Hopefully someone who has done it will come along and confirm/correct.

I'm with you 100%. Thanks for confirming I wasn't a complete duff on this important part of the in port user interface.

[KRAK]
Members
1,515 posts
16,277 battles

Thanks. I see it now.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,278 posts
12,247 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yes that's the way it works I have dismissed a few captions was also scared the first time .

Sign in to follow this