Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SCS_Captkirk

The Sanzang..

8 comments in this topic

[BOBL]
Members
6 posts
3,527 battles

I spent the gold for a "Journey to the West" container..and got the CV Sanzang with a 10 point commander.

$89 value.

Will be hard to play it as I'm a Kaga player,but I'll look good doing it.

Thanks WG.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,494 posts

Good luck with it. If you have not yet played CV under the 10.0 update there are some changes to the attack mechanics in game.

I got about 8 million credits out of selling it. Paid for the Georgia equipping and a few million ahead. Its about all it's good for when CV's show up in boxes. I only bought 6 of those west containers. Thats plenty for me.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,961 battles
13 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I got about 8 million credits out of selling it.

Sold Sanzang.  Next container he gets that awards a shiny premium ship will have...Sanzang.

Never sell premium ships.

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
8,077 posts
13,146 battles
17 minutes ago, SCS_Captkirk said:

I spent the gold for a "Journey to the West" container..and got the CV Sanzang with a 10 point commander.

$89 value.

Will be hard to play it as I'm a Kaga player,but I'll look good doing it.

Thanks WG.

Sanzang is based upon the Saipan, as you probably already know.

With good plane management practices and by using all available Captain's skills that improve aircraft survival, I think you'll do okay.  :-)
The Saipan's aerial torpedo salvos can pack a wallop, if all four hit.  :-)
I figure the Sanzang will be something different, but worth the effort to get gud with.
Just remember you have no secondary battery guns.  So avoid any attempts to earn a close-quarters-expert award, eh?

Good luck.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,754 posts
36 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Good luck with it. If you have not yet played CV under the 10.0 update there are some changes to the attack mechanics in game.

I got about 8 million credits out of selling it. Paid for the Georgia equipping and a few million ahead. Its about all it's good for when CV's show up in boxes. I only bought 6 of those west containers. Thats plenty for me.

Nothing wrong with her.

shot-21.01.29_16.41.57-0810.jpg

shot-21.01.29_16.41.55-0143.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
29,824 posts
25,770 battles
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Sold Sanzang.  Next container he gets that awards a shiny premium ship will have...Sanzang.

Yeah, I have acquired Premium Ships that I don't like, but I held onto them.  It would suck to get them in a Super Container later, and getting SCs is rare enough as it is to let it be wasted like that.  I recall seeing posts about this very thing when WG started doing Santa Crates in this game.  Guys "winning" Premiums in their Santa Crates that they sold off a while ago LOL

Members
1,172 posts
1,672 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't want a ship where the biggest gun is a 40mm. 

I got a Charleston for free once and compared her to the St. Louis. +1 survivability, -1 maneuverability, not much of a difference, right? I played 2 Charleston games & got torpedoed. Then I played the St. Louis and dodged torps. A fluke? Played 1 more Charleston game...sold it immediately afterwards.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,754 posts
26 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

I don't want a ship where the biggest gun is a 40mm. 

I got a Charleston for free once and compared her to the St. Louis. +1 survivability, -1 maneuverability, not much of a difference, right? I played 2 Charleston games & got torpedoed. Then I played the St. Louis and dodged torps. A fluke? Played 1 more Charleston game...sold it immediately afterwards.

You are not understanding I don't think.  When you get a super container or a Santa container, containers that ships can drop out of, they will give you premium ships that you don't already have (mostly).  So if you get a ship that you don't want, it is in your best interest to keep it.  It will stop it from dropping out of a container again, in the future, and possibly taking the place of one that you DO want.

It's a little backwards but of you DON'T want a ship....you have to keep it, or the game might just give it to you again, every time you sell it. 

Sign in to follow this