You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
derf_20

commander question

8 comments in this topic

[PIXEL]
Members
35 posts
10,463 battles

so...what is the difference between a unique commander and seasoned commander, besides 140k in coal?

and also where does the event commander fit in (other than in between those two)?

haven't been able to find any info on this.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,027 battles

Unique Commander will have 1/2/3 capt skills perk increase for example

Halsey change of ammunition 50% on any normal captain, but Halsey had 75% <-- for example

Other Unique Commander less like in Armory cost 175 000 coal or 190 000 coal not sure which one only have 1/2 capt skills perk

Normal Commander  = 1500 dub does not have this capt skills perk

10 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

You can find info from WG wiki

[K-POP]
Members
4,851 posts
13,468 battles

Seasoned commanders are the generic name twins (Does, Jutlands, etc) with improved skills but no talents, whereas legendary/unique commanders (Halsey, Cunningham, etc) have improved skills and talents that can be activated in game, as well as using the names and likenesses of famous admirals.

The only ones I’m not sure of (since I don’t have any) are the regular historic name 10 point commanders you can buy in the armory, as well as any of the event commanders (like the space battle and halloween ones). Edit: The event/collab/armory commanders say either ‘event commander’ for the doubloon armory ones, and nothing for the collab and event ones. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Members
400 posts
26 battles
11 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

so...what is the difference between a unique commander and seasoned commander, besides 140k in coal?

and also where does the event commander fit in (other than in between those two)?

It's a bit buried away but look here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

They all have a few improved skills but the more specifically named commanders also have specific talents that can activate during battle. Some of these talents are harder to activate than others.

Some commanders just have historic names and portraits but no actual in game benefits.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,845 posts
28,456 battles

As others have mentioned, Unique commanders have special abilities.  Special commanders (which includes the Dashas) are/were real people, but don't have any special abilities.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles
2 hours ago, derf_20 said:

Link above.  WG has a half dozen names for unique commanders.  "Event Commander" is new to me.

The guys with Talents are the big guns. They won't allow themselves to be dismissed.   And given that you have to sell the farm to get one, it's good thing.

BTW, don't know where you're seeing it, but I believe "seasoned commander" is my term for unique commanders and those with 10 skill points.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

BTW, don't know where you're seeing it, but I believe "seasoned commander" is my term for unique commanders and those with 10 skill points.

I see it on my fairly new George Doe ...

GeorgeDoe.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,790 posts
4,771 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I see it on my fairly new George Doe ...

Cool.  It wouldn't be the first time my words have come back to be from WG.