You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Ships for Coal and FXPs

21 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles

As of now, I have an inventory of 300 000 Coal (and the 25% coupon will not be available until June 17th...) The remaining ships for Coal are : Neustrashimy, Yoshino, Z-44, Pommern and Duke of York ( I have the rest or ships I dont want)

Wich one would be the best ? Even after the new Captains skills I am not sure about Pommern same for Z-44

2 - I have 3.8 million FXP  and 450 million credits plus 12 port slots. Ships available on the Tech tree are the last 2 Germain BBs and cruisers, 3 US BBs (the 'new' ones) the last 2 Japanese Torp boat, 3 cruisers and 4 BBs

The last 2 British BBs and finally the last of the 2 lines of Russian cruisers (BBs and destroyers are not priority right now as well as most Italian ships.

What would be the best use of my ressources ?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,280 posts
12,247 battles

If nothing floats your boat why don't you wait a while . I don't think any of those ships are going any where you have time . I have 4 million FXP and 212 thousand coal but I am waiting nothing there I really like except maybe the Smaland because she's leaving and she's a special tier 10 . Thing is I'm so bad in DDs that I don't play them but she could be a collectable  .

Edited by clammboy

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,609 battles

There are ships coming up for later release, no harm in waiting to see which currency they come out for

• Cool 1

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles
23 minutes ago, clammboy said:

If nothing floats your boat why don't you wait a while . I don't think any of those ships are going any where you have time . I have 4 million FXP and 212 thousand coal but I am waiting nothing there I really like except maybe the Smaland because she's leaving and she's a special tier 10 . Thing is I'm so bad in DDs that I don't play them but she could be a collectable  .

9 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

There are ships coming up for later release, no harm in waiting to see which currency they come out for

Thanks  you both for the advice, guess patience is best. 

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

I am about in the same position as you, OP, with the exception I have the Pommern.  I intend to wait until better choices show up.  There is no coupon at risk as I already used it to buy the Bourgogne.  There is no reason to jump on a purchase of a mediocre ship.  By the way, the Pommern is a decent ship.  

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,737 posts
26,285 battles

Pommern is super Tirpitz. If you like Tirpitz shes a great boat for coal.

I'm an IJN fanboy, even though I dont watch anime, and I really love Yoshino. She is just a great boat, especially in this long range meta that's evolved as of late.

Edited by Skuggsja

[O_O]
Members
6,979 posts
17,018 battles

Pommern is fun, ain't even going to lie.  You don't need to rely on secondaries to make her sing.

I find Yoshino to be a pretty solid contender, and have enjoyed good results with her.

I recently acquired Neustrashimy.  A bit of an oddity in the RU line, but I think I will enjoy her.

I find Duke of York to be pretty underwhelming.

Can't speak on Z-44...don't have her and don't plan to.

[INTEL]
Members
7,760 posts
36,971 battles

I have all of those except Z-44

Neutrashimy I like. It is strong.

Yoshino and Pommern are solid. I am not a BB main so I seldom play Pommern but if you like Tirpitz...

Duke is meh.

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

As of now, I have an inventory of 300 000 Coal (and the 25% coupon will not be available until June 17th...) The remaining ships for Coal are : Neustrashimy, Yoshino, Z-44, Pommern and Duke of York ( I have the rest or ships I dont want)

Wich one would be the best ? Even after the new Captains skills I am not sure about Pommern same for Z-44

2 - I have 3.8 million FXP  and 450 million credits plus 12 port slots. Ships available on the Tech tree are the last 2 Germain BBs and cruisers, 3 US BBs (the 'new' ones) the last 2 Japanese Torp boat, 3 cruisers and 4 BBs

The last 2 British BBs and finally the last of the 2 lines of Russian cruisers (BBs and destroyers are not priority right now as well as most Italian ships.

What would be the best use of my ressources ?

I got Neutrashimy from a crate.
My opinion, after playing only a handful of games, is that she's got solid potential and behaves nicely.

I don't have the Pommern, but my impression of her as an oft-time opponent is that she is worthy of respect.

I don't have the Z-44 and don't know much about it.  Therefore, "no comment".

My "wish list" for future ships includes the Shikishima and the Yoshino.

Good luck with your shopping.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,897 posts
9,845 battles

First priority to the ships being removed, of course. It looks like you have Georgia, but you should get Smaland if you don't have it, even if you're not a destroyer person.

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles

How are you off for legendary mods?

If you havent invested in Coal ones yet, I highly recommend you check them out, especially as the discount vouchers for them will be updated in 10 or so days (they update monthly).

I never bothered with them, but worked out the speed bost ones are amazing on ships with high percentages of speed boost both in time and amount of boost (ie, 30%).

I recommend these for HenryIV and Georgia. Georgia's especially as its speed boost is increased to almost 4 minutes in duration with the coal speed boost mod.

Cheers
CC123

[RCNW3]
Members
1,959 posts
21,165 battles

Have all the coal ships, including getting the Z-44 today.  Just one battle, quick reload, but torps do not hit hard.  Feels a bit over tiered at Nine.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,672 posts
25,163 battles
3 hours ago, CC123 said:

How are you off for legendary mods?

If you havent invested in Coal ones yet, I highly recommend you check them out, especially as the discount vouchers for them will be updated in 10 or so days (they update monthly).

I try and buy one coal upgrade module every time the coupon resets. Doing that saves me a bit of coal and I always have them on hand. It also spreads out my coal spending so I am never too far behind whatever goal I am working towards. 

The speed boost and hyrdo upgrades are just fantastic. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles
22 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I got Neutrashimy from a crate.
My opinion, after playing only a handful of games, is that she's got solid potential and behaves nicely.

I don't have the Pommern, but my impression of her as an oft-time opponent is that she is worthy of respect.

I don't have the Z-44 and don't know much about it.  Therefore, "no comment".

My "wish list" for future ships includes the Shikishima and the Yoshino.

Good luck with your shopping.

When you have that much ressources available, its hard not  to bring out your feminin side and go shopping...(not shoes of course)

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

When you have that much ressources available, its hard not  to bring out your feminin side and go shopping...(not shoes of course)

:etc_red_button:

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Panic button ?

[HAI]
Members
210 posts
On 2/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Skuggsja said:

Pommern is super Tirpitz. If you like Tirpitz shes a great boat for coal.

I'm an IJN fanboy, even though I dont watch anime, and I really love Yoshino. She is just a great boat, especially in this long range meta that's evolved as of late.

lol, I am not sure about Pommern.

Tirpirz is way better, Pommern armor is too weak as T9, close to be useless.

• Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
On 2/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, 3r22r said:

23 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

21 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Panic button ?

Locally, it is called a "Staples Easy Button".
Panic not required (even if you are shopping for footwear).

https://youtu.be/Tr86NbUlN5E

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles

Now almost 2 month later I now have 440 500 coal and 532 million credits and 3.72 million FXP.  I was advised to wait before I went on a shopping spree, so far nothing has happened

The only Coal ships I have interest in are Yoshino and Pommers. Not sure about Duke of York. 

( Is Neustrashimi worth 296 000 Coal anyway ? ) 

As for the Tech Tree I have most ( 75 % ) ships, except the CV wich I dont like at all 

USN, RN. INJ and German lines are almost complete.

So what now then ?

Edited by 3r22r

[1813]
Members
388 posts
13,298 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

Pommern is "fool-proof".

I've seen way too many potatoes making decent numbers in that ship, so if you're good, imagine what you could do.

Read abour BAD shell dispersion from that ship.

After I buy Yoshino I need 38 000 Coal to get Pommern and the next 25 % coupon is at the end of June...

I have most Coal ships and exept for the last two mentionned, most of the rest are not interesting.