You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OuijaApologist

Plan to complete all of the Hizen dockyard phases? Hope you have time to grind 55,000 BASE Exp in order to complete the final task

225 comments in this topic

Members
574 posts

Money grabbing till the end of the dockyard event, WG truly has no shame.

That's correct, you read it rite. The last shipbuilding phase is locked behind 55,000 base exp, that's experience earned before any modifiers are applied.

jesuuus.thumb.png.f2aa183b6aef8efd96868f45018ba772.png

Unlike every other group of tokens missions, this task is necessary even if you complete 6 of the tasks from the mission set due to the final token being attached to it.

I was able to complete the grind. It took a total of nearly 24 hours of playtime to earn the 55,000 base exp.

Of course, WG is hoping that you will get sick of the grind (or run out of time) and be forced to pay the 1,950 doubs to skip it, which is pretty low of them if you ask me. WG is hoping to shake you down for more money even after already having paid for the booster set.

***EDIT: if you think I'm trolling, Hapa confirmed that the 55k is mandatory to complete the dockyard on page 4.***

***BONUS EDIT: It seems there is a certain subgroup of players commenting that either don't understand the issue or are not reading anything other than the title. Here is a meme to help them.

2.thumb.jpg.f84c220145a5c9784f0f175f23363f5d.jpg

two.thumb.jpg.502590a0e604e37746c8cc3bf78cec39.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 10

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,485 battles

If you play 10 or so random games a day,  you should earn roughly 10k Base EXP a day.

Thats like 5 days of play just 10 games a day and you have 2 weeks to do it.

• Thanks 1

[MHG]
Members
394 posts
21,775 battles

Shhh. Don't talk about how easy it is. We need posts like these up for some reason.

• Haha 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
242 posts
9,900 battles

Oh no, 55000 base xp with clan brawls coming up again 😱

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did it in Co-op. Not that hard.

Same here. A large chunk in co-op and ops, and some in randoms. Just completing the daily missions is a guaranteed 5350 a day, and playing to all three containers (assuming you don't constantly run high xp boosts) is around 10-12k at least. Plus you have a total of 14 days to complete it before the missions end (the Monday before the end of the patch), which means as long as you complete the daily missions every day you'll have more than enough time to do it. 

[PVE]
Members
7,858 posts
23,833 battles
Just now, ToxicSymphony said:

Oh no, 55000 base xp with clan brawls coming up again 😱

Can you do the missions in CBrawls? I haven't checked & on phone so can't presently...but some missions didn't allow you to do missions in any clan mode...but I haven't played steady lately so I may have just missed the change.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

Yeah should be fine 55 k is cake. One or two sessions for me. 

Edit so I had to look up my average xp per battle. Currently it is 1,679 xp per battle. So yeah 55k, not a big deal and I have what 2 weeks to do it lol.

Edit 2: So only played 8 battles last night, avg xp was 2,176 per battle (It was all tier 9 so that is why the xp is so high)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Can you do the missions in CBrawls? I haven't checked & on phone so can't presently...but some missions didn't allow you to do missions in any clan mode...but I haven't played steady lately so I may have just missed the change.

Yes you can. With maybe a few exceptions, the long grind economic directive tasks have allowed the main five modes (random, ranked, co-op, ops, and clan battle/brawl) for a while. The ‘in a single battle’ are always limited to randoms and ranked only, but economic ones are almost always all five. 

• Thanks 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,996 battles

Wasn't that hard to achieve.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,822 posts
28,397 battles

Easy peasy.  I'll be doing about 7-8K per day during the week, and finish off the remainder this weekend.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts

Its not the problem.

The ones I do not do is the potential damage or cruiser ones.

Divide the goal by a few days short of the end date (Days remaining) and you will have it.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
751 posts
10,247 battles

I've 15k of the 55k done so far.   
All Co-Op this week so far though I might try my hand at the one scenario (Naval Station) that I've never been a part of 5-starring.
Hungry DDs have made collecting damage a challenge in my slower BBs and I've not yet switched to "go-to" faster ones to make that happen.

I won't call this easy, as limited time, mediocre ability and co-op-ing keeps this a challenge, and  but it looks like there's extra time on this final Dockyard week so hopefully I'll manage enough to scrape by.  If it begins to look like I might not make it, I'll try to budget time on the weekend and go in and take my lumps in Random battles.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
7,122 posts
22,043 battles

Cleary a desirable ship, Don't let the terrible numbers and lack of sales fool you! It will become a collectors santa crate right up there with the Krispy Kreme....

• Funny 3
  • Haha 3

[CO-OP]
Members
2,822 posts
28,397 battles
2 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I've 15k of the 55k done so far.   
All Co-Op this week so far though I might try my hand at the one scenario (Naval Station) that I've never been a part of 5-starring.

I won't call this easy, as limited time, mediocre ability and co-op-ing keeps this a challenge, and  but it looks like there's extra time on this final Dockyard week so hopefully I'll manage enough to scrape by.  If it begins to look like I might not make it, I'll try to budget time on the weekend and go in and take my lumps in Random battles.  :Smile_teethhappy:

As long as you play to get all of the daily chain missions done you should get to 55K in about 10 days (well ahead of the deadline.)

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles
54 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

That's correct, you read it rite. The last shipbuilding phase is locked behind 55,000 base exp, that's experience earned before any modifiers are applied.

Unlike every other group of tokens missions, this task is necessary even if you complete 6 of the tasks from the mission set due to the final token being attached to it.

I was able to complete the grind. It took a total of nearly 24 hours of playtime to earn the 55,000 base exp.

You chose to slog away and complete it in three days.  You made it a grind.  I still have 13 more days to finish it, and I'm at 38,000 base XP (and still need 1.5M damage with cruisers).  I am not concerned.

Drama for the sake of drama.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles
4 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Cleary a desirable ship, Don't let the terrible numbers and lack of sales fool you! It will become a collectors santa crate right up there with the Krispy Kreme....

Image result for ned flanders, fry gif gif

• Funny 1
  • Haha 4

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles
49 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

Shhh. Don't talk about how easy it is. We need posts like these up for some reason.

It isn't really "easy" per say as that is a lot of BXP (especially for me as a Co-op main) BUT BXP just requires playing so it is just time vs RNG tasks like fires, planes down, floods, and such. More grindy but easier if you will.

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles

With a Tier 9 Special as the prize, I'm okay with it.  Even if Hizen is a bit, "meh".

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles

(deleted by poster)

Edited by desmo_2

Members
574 posts
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Awww!  I got special notice!  :cap_win::cap_haloween:

Wasn't from me. 

The amount of damage control coming from the usual suspects makes me laugh. 

Y'all are funny!

AbleIndelibleBasilisk-size_restricted.gif.c039b7bb5093ed0663e995af4f0a50fe.gif

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles
1 minute ago, OuijaApologist said:

The amount of damage control coming from the usual suspects makes me laugh. 

Y'all are funny!

Wait...I'm WG Damage Control, now?!?  Frikkin' SWEET!  When do I get my check?!?  (Oh, wait, I hope they don't see my commander skill rework ire...)