You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

OK, I give, the Sanzang?

18 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,182 battles

Got one for free in a container.

It's a Saipan... Pan-Asian Saipan.
Since I have the real Saipan (before the CV rework), I know how it works.  It's the same.

The new Captain setup allows you to train your high-point Pan-Am DD captain for CV.

SanZang_Container.jpg

Members
7,122 posts
22,043 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Got one for free in a container.

It's a Saipan... Pan-Asian Saipan.
Since I have the real Saipan (before the CV rework), I know how it works.  It's the same.

The new Captain setup allows you to train your high-point Pan-Am DD captain for CV.

SanZang_Container.jpg

so we are cloning the least desirable CV in the game?

[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles
1 minute ago, Pura__Vida said:

so we are cloning the least desirable CV in the game?

Saipan isn't bad. 

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,182 battles
2 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

How a player as bad as this player that has it ... is a tester is staggering. 262 games 45% 400 pr player playing a ship no one has heard of. what possible data could you gain from this?

It's a seal clubber in Asymetric Battles.  T10 planes against T6 AA...   What's that??

Apart from that, it's a Co-Op bote.  You don't want to face a Shokaku or Lexington in this.

Members
7,122 posts
22,043 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Saipan isn't bad. 

If it isn't bad, what CV is? 

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles
Just now, Pura__Vida said:

Graf Zeppelin &  Indomitable. They are definitely worse than Saipan. 

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,182 battles
3 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

The worst CV experience is when yours is a 'Double Agent'.
That's when one player with two accounts sync-dropped with two computers. 
He can see both sides of the battle which gives the ability to take out or spot key ships and steer the outcome.

Edited by AVR_Project

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles
8 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

How a player as bad as this player that has it ... is a tester is staggering. 262 games 45% 400 pr player playing a ship no one has heard of. what possible data could you gain from this?

Testers aren't necessarily playing to win. They are testing. 

[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles
3 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Graf Zeppelin, Indomitable, and the BRN tech tree CV's immediately jump to mind.

Saipan has T10 Midway planes that are very strong on a T8 CV. It just has low reserves with a long regen. You just have to be careful with the planes. 

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
26,119 battles
20 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Uh... it was in the dev blog and it s in the shop right now. You can also pull it from crates. It's only a copy pasta Siapan.

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,182 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Graf Zeppelin, Indomitable, and the BRN tech tree CV's immediately jump to mind.

Saipan has T10 Midway planes that are very strong on a T8 CV. It just has low reserves with a long regen. You just have to be careful with the planes. 

Graf Zeppelin has the secondaries of a GK.  There is no hanging back.  Just charge into the cap and wipe out the DDs as you go.
DON'T do that in a Saipan (or now Sanzang).  That boat has ZERO secondaries.  DDs after you?  Launch rocket fighters and run for your life.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,464 posts
13,117 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Zeppelin isn't bad if you actually use her as a carrier and don't try to use her as a cruiser.

Saipan is pretty well balanced at tier 8, with nothing but tier 8's. When she's bottom tier, she suffers more than any other CV, as her reserves don't allow her to take any casualties and her planes are slow. When she's top tier in a mostly tire 6 match, she's almost as devastating as Kaga. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,464 posts
13,117 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Graf Zeppelin has the secondaries of a GK.  There is no hanging back.  Just charge into the cap and wipe out the DDs as you go.
DON'T do that in a Saipan (or now Sanzang).  That boat has ZERO secondaries.  DDs after you?  Launch rocket fighters and run for your life.

GZ has more effective secondaries than GK, just a shorter range.

Actually trying to use those secondaries will just get you killed, which is a big reason GZ has a bad rep.

Now, when it just happens that you're secondaries get some action, it's usually hilarious.

Members
7,122 posts
22,043 battles

Don't get me wrong, I love the Saipan! I'm 37% and a 700 PR in it. It's a great CV!

I may have room for improvement, but not much. I am close to maxed out on skill with this CV, Its just that Zangwap caught my attention with the coolio name and snazzy paint job. I thought it was a new Supercruiser CV.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

I played one game in it today and resold it. The credits have more than paid for equipping Georgia. I learned the new CV system prior to 10.0 and what I saw today in addition to crappy performance against bots no less tells me that CV's are nerfed really badly. Too many changes against the plane attack system.

[SIM]
Members
5,785 posts
9,263 battles
55 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Saipan! I'm 37% and a 700 PR in it. It's a great CV!

I may have room for improvement, but not much.

It seems like you have considerable room for improvement.