You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Desync? Lag? RNG? Can't Shoot (Hit) Today! (PVE Thread)

37 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles

Not sure what is going on but I can't hit a pile of beans today. I seem to land behind or short almost every time which is usually desync. BUT, sometimes I am seeing the salvos land where I aimed but of course go everywhere around the ship and not on it (or overpen and shatter). I had a broadside Moskva, I mean perfectly flat to me, stuck on an island at 5km and not only couldn't I kill it with a Jean Bart and MBRB I could barely hit it. 3 salvos and it managed to get off the island and run away alive with over 1/2 HP???? :Smile_amazed:

Anyone else having issues actually hitting stuff today? Man this seems like more than I am just having a bad day. Nothings eems to be going where it is aimed and if it does, as said, it doesn't hit or does no damage. 

Of course the bots still have their usual perfect aim. Saw poor @DeathsStalker get blapped from the other side of the map by a Yamato which of course got perfect groupings and RNG. Total crap but typical.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
10 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Looks like this has been ongoing since the current patch dropped:

Great, that crap again. :Smile_sceptic:

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Of course the bots still have their usual perfect aim. Saw poor @DeathsStalker get blapped from the other side of the map by a Yamato which of course got perfect groupings and RNG. Total crap but typical.

Someone touched on this ^^^ topic during last weeks WOWS pod cast... Mainly, someone ask if the Ai in Co-op can be more "challenging."

In which @Hapa_Fodder politely explained the issue at hand... Mainly, if they add more "intelligence"  to the Ai in Co-op... People would get frustrated and complain...

From my POV, the issue lays squarely on our appetite for OP/over-capable WG products. The solution is to change the offending ordnance characteristics to change the behavior of not just us humans, but Ai as well.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,098 posts
27,660 battles

Been seeing this a lot, aiming at a ship and the fall of shot is consistently off. I did exclaim in chat the other day that someone had replaced my guns with sawn off shotguns.

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Someone touched on this ^^^ topic during last weeks WOWS pod cast... Mainly, someone ask if the Ai in Co-op can be more "challenging."

In which @Hapa_Fodder politely explained the issue at hand... Mainly, if they add more "intelligence"  to the Ai in Co-op... People would get frustrated and complain...

If they tried it maybe they would find out, there is a difference, that WG seem to have problems understanding, between AI and just rigging the table and the dice.

Edited by Efros

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
11 minutes ago, Efros said:

that WG seem to have problems understanding, between AI and just rigging the table and the dice.

Wrong analogy... The equipment it self is the same for all (but players and Ai).. The element in game are the same... Characteristics of the ships are the same.. So your "rigging" narrative will not hold up to scrutiny...

The other possibilities are as follows...

• The Ai ship configuration is tailored more to limiting the dispersion of incoming fire.
  • Any other signals or camos that will take away your accuracy adv.

With a %95 winrate on the user side... I find it a little difficult to suggest its the "dice/equipment" is to blame.. (If it was on the equipment, the math would've been obvious to show the shift... So far, no evidence to suggest that is happening)...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 6

[USCC]
Members
3,120 posts
14,656 battles

I haven't played today yet, but yesterday I was having the same issues @AdmiralThunder, was getting the best shots lined up in my yammy and shells landing all over the place.
I've also seen the ships doing an about face and run tactic! I'm also getting an over abundance of over pens in various ships. 

Had you not made a topic, I'd of continued to think I was just having a really bad couple of days, perhaps "karma" for not being so WeeGee compliant lately.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Isn't this the same problem that WG and their unpaid forum brigade kept insisting was "PEBKAC" and "imaginary" for months on end?

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
967 posts
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

From my POV, the issue lays squarely on our appetite for OP/over-capable WG products. The solution is to change the offending ordnance characteristics to change the behavior of not just us humans, but Ai as well.

Recently, I have not observed any increase in AI intelligence, just an increase in behavior like bad randos (hiding behind islands doing nothing, turning and sailing to the other side of the map at start, etc.) Maybe the person for asking for more intelligent behavior got his wish? WG must have associated this bad rando behavior with better AI.

If the difficulty increases, the rewards should increase too. I wonder if Happa realizes this. I just think it gets glossed over in the "we don't want it" phrase. I mean make real AI changes with real reward increases if that is the way to go. WG should not just turning every AI ship into a flamethrower and call it done.

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Maybe the person for asking for more intelligent behavior got his wish? 

Nope.. Its in the podcast as to why...

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
17,098 battles

I thought that it was just me.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,098 posts
27,660 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wrong analogy... The equipment it self is the same for all (but players and Ai).. The element in game are the same... Characteristics of the ships are the same.. So your "rigging" narrative will not hold up to scrutiny...

Built in incoming fire alert, incredible fire chance, torp prediction, turn prediction, firing guns from things other than the end of the barrels, godlike dispersion... yeah you're right no rigging there.

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
41 minutes ago, Efros said:

Built in incoming fire alert, incredible fire chance, torp prediction, turn prediction, firing guns from things other than the end of the barrels, godlike dispersion... yeah you're right no rigging there.

We have that too... Especially at high tiers... Everything you listed above ^^ both sides have it...

Rigging by definition means, an unfair advantage by questionable scrupulous intent...   That is not the case here.

As I pointed out on post #4... Ai in Co-op will not get anymore "intelligent" from their current state. Its obvious if they do make Co-op Ai's  more "intelligent." People will complain or present a false narrative of "Its Rigged" or my personal fav "bots cheat"...

I say Co-op players should be happy someone in the Dev team cares enough for your well-being.

Which is a questionable proposition for the other aspects of the game currently.

• Meh 3

[CO-OP]
Members
2,098 posts
27,660 battles

Interesting you scored out what you did. You shouldn't alter quotes, basic netiquette.

The bots have advantages that are programmed in to compensate for the lack of AI, what I'm saying is that the lack of AI should be addressed and those advantages consequently eliminated. That requires an investment of time from WG and we ain't gonna see that.

I say Co-op players aren't happy because they feel consistently and repeatedly shafted, if someone on the Dev team cares then they need to expand that to some people. I do agree with your final statement, there is a lack of thought as to the overall health of the game and the effect that recent decisions/developments have had upon that.

[VOP]
Members
967 posts
28 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Rigging by definition means, an unfair advantage by questionable scrupulous intent...   That is not the case here.

Intent can't be proved or disproved in this case. The bots themselves may not have scrupulous intent, but many suspect WG does. 

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
445 posts
55,652 battles
17 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not sure what is going on but I can't hit a pile of beans today. I seem to land behind or short almost every time which is usually desync. BUT, sometimes I am seeing the salvos land where I aimed but of course go everywhere around the ship and not on it (or overpen and shatter). I had a broadside Moskva, I mean perfectly flat to me, stuck on an island at 5km and not only couldn't I kill it with a Jean Bart and MBRB I could barely hit it. 3 salvos and it managed to get off the island and run away alive with over 1/2 HP???? :Smile_amazed:

Anyone else having issues actually hitting stuff today? Man this seems like more than I am just having a bad day. Nothings eems to be going where it is aimed and if it does, as said, it doesn't hit or does no damage. 

I've noticed the shells falling short for a long time. It seems to be to be worse if the enemy ship is near land but I have noticed many times I'm aiming at the main deck of a ship, knowing some land high some land low, only to watch most land about 2 hundred yards short in the water.

..and as for the blapping I got over the last few weeks I've noticed it happening a lot more. If I'm in a DD and get spotted by aircraft it like back in the old days where every bot in the game shoots at me. Its the same if I'm in a larger ship except I can't do the little DD dance with them and BOOM I'm gone :cap_wander:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Intent can't be proved or disproved in this case. The bots themselves may not have scrupulous intent, but many suspect WG does. 

You're arguing with someone who is just here to troll the subforum and argue in bad faith for lulz.  

My advice, ignore them. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
2 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You're arguing with someone who is just here to troll the subforum and argue in bad faith for lulz.  

My advice, ignore them. 

KilljoyCutter is 100% correct about this person. They come to this forum simply to agitate and stir up trouble with PVE mains as they have no use for Co-op or those who play there and love to belittle and insult us. Save your breath and time and put the person on ignore.

However, he shouldn't point it out or he will get reprimanded by a Mod as I did. Anti PVE trolls can troll the PVE forum but if you call them out for it YOU get in trouble. 

Ready for incoming message and punishment from Moderator and being told I am wrong/breaking the rules again while trolls get away with it with no ramifications...:fish_nerv:

• Cool 5

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

KilljoyCutter is 100% correct about this person. They come to this forum simply to agitate and stir up trouble with PVE mains as they have no use for Co-op or those who play there and love to belittle and insult us. Save your breath and time and put the person on ignore.

However, he shouldn't point it out or he will get reprimanded by a Mod as I did. Anti PVE trolls can troll the PVE forum but if you call them out for it YOU get in trouble. 

Ready for incoming message and punishment from Moderator and being told I am wrong/breaking the rules again while trolls get away with it with no ramifications...:fish_nerv:

At this point, I'm willing "risk" it.  

And yeah, they don't play PVE, they take every opportunity to crap on PVE and any player who focuses on PVE, and then do their "best" to tell us how PVE "actually" works. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

At this point, I'm willing "risk" it.  

And yeah, they don't play PVE, they take every opportunity to crap on PVE and any player who focuses on PVE, and then do their "best" to tell us how PVE "actually" works. 

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
6 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

That is why WG will not touch them anymore... People will complain to much according to what was noted in the podcast.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles

Watch your aim indicator on the minimap. I've been noticing a lot of major discrepancies in ranging between where my aim point is and where the indicator on the minimap is, and between the two of them it is the minimap indicator that is accurate!

In slow firing ships, I've started religiously glancing at the minimap before shots, to make sure everything is lined up properly. It's helped a lot.

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
10,257 battles

From what I am seeing with this recent update is that I can no longer hit at max range with my shells. Mainly cruiser and BB. Not running any Deadeye as it is not feasible and to me a waste of points. It seems that I must be at mid range before shells stop sliding off of the bot hulls. Or where the shells just dance around in the water at the enemy. Seems a bit too consistently programmed/predetermined.  Over half of my shells fall short of the target when the target is moving towards me. I could understand if the target was moving away from me but towards me and still falling short? :Smile_amazed:  It's like my angles are all wrong now when shooting angling ships going away from me too. What used to hit by my reckoning no longer does. 

In operations this week hitting anything at max range was null. I had maybe at most 7 hits after the first wave, where my div mate had at least double my hit rate. We were in bb's. It is like all of the dispersions changed on everything with this patch. Now these were ships that "used" to hit  consistently even if it was a bounce or breakup. Now they are not.  Definitely not fun anymore and is more of a chore to make a score or accomplish a goal. Which is probably their intentions overall.

Sad. More like pissed and sad. 

[BEA5T]
Members
550 posts
17,451 battles

I am going to come at this slightly different.  Since the update I have noticed that the BB bots are hitting from a further distance.   Now I don't remember if the BOT's mirror the exact configuration of your ship down to the TEE. ( including Capts)   Or do the BB Bots have super AP and Deadeye capt skills enabled ?  

The Bots have seem to have the ability to shoot at a much faster rate then humans so me the Last Stand seems to be standard on all the BOTS.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

As far as I know, bots get NO captain skills, never have -- no idea if that changed with the rebork, but no one has made note of it.   And no upgrades.  Just the improved modules (hull, FCS, etc).  

They do get some other magic that human players don't get access to, such as mysteriously fast reloads, mysteriously accurate drifting shells (though that seems to happen a lot less recently), randomly spooky torpedo detection and avoidance, some very wide torpedo launch angles, etc.