Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bikk

reset capt skills on all ships at once?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

57
[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
17,067 battles

Is there a way to reset all your ship's captain skills at once?  I have seen it referred to a couple of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
17,067 battles

THANK YOU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,722
[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles
1 hour ago, Bikk said:

Is there a way to reset all your ship's captain skills at once?  I have seen it referred to a couple of times.

 

1 hour ago, Drago25x said:

Note you can only do it once however so if you do it you can't mess around and go back and do it again. One time only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[DOG]
Members
738 posts
13,289 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

Note you can only do it once however so if you do it you can't mess around and go back and do it again. One time only.

Yes, but you can still mess around and individually reset captain skills for free (until the next patch reinstates the cost).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,722
[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles
21 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Yes, but you can still mess around and individually reset captain skills for free (until the next patch reinstates the cost).

True. I was simply pointing out the full every Capt reset is a one time shot. I know a lot of people originally planned to do a full reset, experiment a lot, and then do a full reset again and then do the final skill assignments. Just pointing out that can't be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[DOG]
Members
738 posts
13,289 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

True. I was simply pointing out the full every Capt reset is a one time shot. I know a lot of people originally planned to do a full reset, experiment a lot, and then do a full reset again and then do the final skill assignments. Just pointing out that can't be done.

Yes, that scenario makes a lot of sense and is what WG should have anticipated and implemented. I'm experimenting as well and will have to manually reset each ship as a result. Not terribly convenient, but then maybe WG wanted that (to force dubloon purchases so that people can then setup the optimum skills distribution).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
828
[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
5 hours ago, dashtardly said:

Yes, that scenario makes a lot of sense and is what WG should have anticipated and implemented. I'm experimenting as well and will have to manually reset each ship as a result. Not terribly convenient, but then maybe WG wanted that (to force dubloon purchases so that people can then setup the optimum skills distribution).

  yep- with 285 ships in port- and a nearly full reserve,  This feature makes it possible to "wipe the slate clean".   No way was I going to have the time and energy to press reset for all those captains.  Hell it took weeks to knock all the snowflakes off!   Sure it means I'll have to now set each one up again- and will likely press play with at least ONE  captain with no skills chosen- but at least I won't be coming across ships in the future I have to PAY to reset.   ( LOTS of ships I only play once in a blue moon...)

  I went ahead and did it.

  If I recall correctly,  reset only works if the captain is on his assigned ship- not on another.    The list of premiums with tech tree captains on them is far more manageable, though.   (and the carousel filter can be used to find all those) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
17,067 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

Note you can only do it once however so if you do it you can't mess around and go back and do it again. One time only.

thank you for that info

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[DOG]
Members
738 posts
13,289 battles
3 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  If I recall correctly,  reset only works if the captain is on his assigned ship- not on another.    The list of premiums with tech tree captains on them is far more manageable, though.   (and the carousel filter can be used to find all those) 

I did the reset - seemed to reset all my captains regardless of which tech tree ship they were trained on or currently assigned to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
828
[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
9 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

I did the reset - seemed to reset all my captains regardless of which tech tree ship they were trained on or currently assigned to

  Same.  I thought I'd read somewhere that they had to be on their own ship...  Or maybe that was just the regular reset.

 

  I reskilled 2 ships:  Velikiy, and Nagato.   both got full survival builds, as far as my points lasted anyway.   Everything else was too conditional, had tradeoffs that made it not worth it, or was irrelevant to Co-op play.   I doubt I'll be playing much for the foreseeable future- the meta absolutely sucks, esp for BB's.

  Multiple pinkies in each game, going out of their way to show WHY they are pink.   Careless, stupid, desperate torpedo spamming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
23,051 battles

I used my one reset for all button at the very beginning.  At this point:

My T10 BBs are either survival or secondary, with a few minor tweaks here and there. - and their commanders are assigned.

T9 BBs are completely unassigned.

All DDs are assigned up to 10 points, no further.

No CAs are assigned at all.

I plan to use up all of the cheap retrains I have left on Thursday's reset of the RB to get commanders trained on IJN DD gunboats T5 - T10.

Next weekend I will look at the BBs that are assigned and will make final decisions on their setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,238
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

It's pretty shady that WG decided you can only do a full reset once.  I'm looking forward to seeing the changes come after the free respecs are over, where one now has to spend Doubloons again to alter builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×