You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anij

Fixing Dead Eye & Game play in 1 step

26 comments in this topic

Members
520 posts
21,178 battles

The fix for dead eye is easy. I think its a great skill but the way its been set up is going to make a already slow game even slower.

• The issue
  • As it stands now-Cruisers get destroyed from 20km, If cruisers are destroyed DDs have no support and BBs wont move up because of dead eye so again DDS and cruisers end up being screwed because all the BBs are on the back 2 lines
  • The Fix
  • Have dead eye activate INSIDE a BBs basic detection range ( no added bonus such as flags, concealment module or captain concealment-on a Iowa and most BBs that's  about 16km

this makes it an excellent skill that still supports sniping and brawling and getting bbs to move up and another bonus is no penalties

Edited by Anij
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,602 battles
8 minutes ago, Anij said:

The fix for dead eye is easy. I think its a great skill but the way its been set up is going to make a already slow game even slower.

• The issue
  • As it stands now-Cruisers get destroyed from 20km, If cruisers are destroyed DDs have no support and BBs wont move up because of dead eye so again DDS and cruisers end up being screwed because all the BBs are on the back to lines
  • The Fix
  • Have dead eye activate INSIDE a BBs basic detection range ( no added bonus such as flags, concealment module or captain concealment-on a Iowa and most BBs that's  about 16km

this makes it an excellent skill that still supports sniping and brawling and getting bbs to move up and another bonus is no penalties

REMOVE IT 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,932 posts
14,885 battles
13 minutes ago, Anij said:

• The issue
  • As it stands now-Cruisers get destroyed from 20km, If cruisers are destroyed DDs have no support and BBs wont move up because of dead eye so again DDS and cruisers end up being screwed because all the BBs are on the back to lines
  • The Fix

I think it would still be overpowered without a downside but it is a realistic idea.

• Meh 1

Members
520 posts
21,178 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

REMOVE IT 

u know they wont what I am hoping to head off is for WG not to nuke the skill to the point where no one takes it. Dead eye is not the only skill that has issues but its the one that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. I would even go as far to say cut it from 10% dispersion reduction to 5% reduction dispersion and even with all the other things I suggested its still a solid skill. There are other skills that need to be addressed especially skills that have penalties. Like seriously WG do you really think any BB player will take SUPER HEAVY AP skill that comes with a 30% increase in fire? like seriously

• Cool 4

Members
520 posts
21,178 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think it would still be overpowered without a downside but it is a realistic idea.

knock it down to say 5%, 7%, at 16km that's a really good skill. Now that will help the lower tier BBs 6-8 more than tier 9-10 so maybe the tier 9-10s will forgo it completely. For what ever reason at Tier 5-8 people are using dead eye but u don't see them at the back 2 lines but that may have to do with map sizes being smaller and a different player mentality. Maybe all maps from Tier 8-10 need to be reduced by 20% in scale anyway because some of them are too big anyway but DE has a big effect on T9-10 because it was too campy to begin with and this really ruined T9-10 games

Edited by Anij
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,932 posts
14,885 battles
8 minutes ago, Anij said:

u know they wont what I am hoping to head off is for WG not to nuke the skill to the point where no one takes it. Dead eye is not the only skill that has issues but its the one that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. I would even go as far to say cut it from 10% dispersion reduction to 5% reduction dispersion and even with all the other things I suggested its still a solid skill. There are other skills that need to be addressed especially skills that have penalties. Like seriously WG do you really think any BB player will take SUPER HEAVY AP skill that comes with a 30% increase in fire? like seriously

We definitely do not need another Maximum AA that actually hurt DPS for almost all ships although Super Heavy AP is certainly trying for that slot.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,186 posts
6,409 battles

It needs to go - ANY PERCEIVED NOTION that sitting in the back = better accuracy is downright cancerous to this game on every level. 

• Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,602 battles
29 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

It needs to go - ANY PERCEIVED NOTION that sitting in the back = better accuracy is downright cancerous to this game on every level. 

Totally agree.

The vast majority that want this or like this skill are people that wont use any thought process to better themselves. 

• Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,798 posts
9,266 battles

There's no problem with Dead Eye. Bad cruiser players have always been punished by battleships, just like how bad battleship players get punished by destroyers, and bad destroyer players get punished by cruisers. Dead Eye is just the new scapegoat for players who can't accept their own shortcomings.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 8

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

• The issue
  • As it stands now-Cruisers get destroyed from 20km, If cruisers are destroyed DDs have no support and BBs wont move up because of dead eye so again DDS and cruisers end up being screwed because all the BBs are on the back 2 lines
  • The Fix

This isn't a fix.  The point of Deadeye is to give devotes of the sniping playstyle a skill that caters to their play preference.  The solution is to provide a skill to sniping BB players that doesn't completely change the entire BB game play meta.  All you've done is suggest changing Deadeye from a sniping BB skill to a brawling skill, which is so far beyond the point of the skill that it cannot be seen with a telescope.

• Meh 1

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

There's no problem with Dead Eye. Bad cruiser players have always been punished by battleships, just like how bad battleship players get punished by destroyers, and bad destroyer players get punished by cruisers. Dead Eye is just the new scapegoat for players who can't accept their own shortcomings.

It is causing a massive extinction level event in games with cruisers.

Cruisers are showing up in droves in Co-op a wee bit shaken up, fidgety, and slightly nervous.

Getting constantly blapped in Randoms does do a number on you eventually and as a cruiser player, one wonders if their very existence is threatened by the new skills?

So whether the average cruiser player thinks they kite, wiggle, juke, hide, park, tank, throttle jockey, or sail backwards well or not ; they are often wondering if they are getting the stick for the fire meta they fostered over the years and this is some WG payback of some sorts.

Revenge of the Battleships?

Maybe.

The camp meta is being threatened. You can now pinpoint drop shells on a cruiser hard. At this rate, cruisers will not hold up. 

I hit a DM at Vermont's ultra max range with spotter with Dead Eye and dev struck him in a match.

I felt dirty, team was horrified by the brutality. Red had no comment. I am sure that DM, which thought the island he was hiding behind was safe, would never get hit. But the shells came down like a meteor shower from hell. Near vertical drop down. 

Imagine 12- 457mm AP shells hitting dead center. (Blue ovetchkin tracers)

Boom.

Only time will tell. If players settle down and get used to it. Suddenly mount rudder shift upgrades and incoming fire skills, etc

Like you say, some players do play cruiser meh. And it is showing.

Now BB players just need to stop laughing like Dr Evil.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
4 hours ago, Anij said:

• The issue
  • The Fix

Avoid tier 9 and 10  for now.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,270 posts
12,232 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Totally agree.

The vast majority that want this or like this skill are people that wont use any thought process to better themselves. 

Wait I thought that was people who played secondary builds and CVs . 

• Meh 1

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
6 hours ago, Anij said:

• The issue
  • The Fix

I suggested that while we were in PTS.

but the baddies here want to stay as far away from the battle as possible.

Banned
60 posts
20 battles
6 hours ago, Anij said:

• The issue
  • The Fix

Dont fix dead eye, just get rid of it. A blind monkey can see its a dumb idea. Idk why anyone would ever think it would help game play.

The only thing dumber than dead eye is CV's.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,183 posts
28,825 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

We already know your are the devils advocate in every topic bought up you don't need to prover it over and over again

[PVE]
Members
7,894 posts
23,881 battles

Don't wanna quote @SteelRain_Rifleman's wall of text (sorry... but I need room for my own) for the 1 relevant line so will just tag him for the credit...

"Incoming Fire Alert"...

(I'd add the Rudder Shift also but as I assume every cruiser already takes the 20% Rudder Shift & I don't want someone to get the idea I'm referring to giving up their CE for the 40% Rudder Shift as not only is the 40% not needed...the 20% isn't really needed [it is...for torp dodging...but not] for cancelling Deadeye's effectiveness as the shots are being fired from at least 12km away & that's plenty of time to maneuver out of the way...even w/out the 20% rudder shift skill...after the IFA warning shows up).

...IFA is.. only a 1 point skill people (that admittedly was unused by 99.9% of players on at least 99.9% of ships before the skills rework [no I DON'T have a link... it's called hyperbole]) but it not only solves your Deadeye problem but also frees up an extra skill point by allowing you to remove PT...because who needs to know 9 ships are locked on you when 6 of them are at least 10 seconds away from hitting you after they fire from the back lines w/an advanced warning & you only need to really keep track of the 3 ships that are close enough to you to actually be a real threat.

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,025 battles

You could drop the accuracy to 5%, and make it turn off if detected by anything, not just visible enemies. Being tracked by concealed destroyers should be a thing.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,193 posts
5,736 battles

One way Ive thought may work is to tone it down slightly, and just take the downsides of super heavy AP and move them to deadeye. Heavy AP won't harm anything of it has no downsides. Its current ones are very punishing, and if moved to deadeye would really force people to decide if they want to give up all their tanking for better gunnery. 

"But wouldn't that make it worse". I'd argue most deadeye players already play with the dont get shot mentality. All that would change is a lot of people no longer want the skill

Deadeye needs to be an option for ships like Slava and Vermont, not a must have for every. Single. BB.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,333 posts
10,021 battles
8 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

The ironic thing is, Deadeye actually helps counter another perceived notion, that sitting still with LOS to the enemy is a safe thing to do....

[WOLFG]
Members
32,333 posts
10,021 battles
8 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

One way Ive thought may work is to tone it down slightly, and just take the downsides of super heavy AP and move them to deadeye. Heavy AP won't harm anything of it has no dow AP and move them to deadeye. Heavy AP won't harm anything of it has no downsides. Its current ones are very punishing, and if moved to deadeye would really force people to decide if they want to give up all their tanking for better gunnery.

It's a no-brainer choice. Who would elect to burn/flood for 30% longer? Do any BBs even use Heavy AP because of the penalty?

Better IMO to add an ROF nerf.

"But wouldn't that make it worse". I'd argue most deadeye players already play with the dont get shot mentality.

Wouldn't surprise me, most players aren't thoughtful.

If I'm moving up in my Deadeye BB, I think it's right neighbourly of the enemy BBs to withdraw and let my friendly DDs have the cap, as well as ensuring that my Deadeye keeps working.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,189 posts
19,067 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Better IMO to add an ROF nerf.

Which would mean you increase your alpha but your DPM remains about the same.

Still I agree, WG went overboard with all the skills with penalties. Previously there were really only 2, IFHE and torpedo acceleration. Then all the UUs came out and had minor to crippling downsides attached. WG obviously fell in love with the concept.

Members
7 posts
2,212 battles
On 2/2/2021 at 8:17 PM, Anij said:

• The issue
  • The Fix

I can't stand the games lately. Everybody just sits in the back as you say. The bbs don't move, then the other guys get scared and the team gets picked off one by one. It is infuriating. It isn't even a fun game to watch. All around it has had a negative affect in my eyes.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

are long range deletions actually happening more often now?  or more players trying what they wouldn't have before?  

guessing the spreadsheets are populating, and we will see changes when/if weegee thinks they need to be made...