You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Morpheous

The WORST T9 BB not including the Minnesota (second worst)

34 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
16,091 battles

The Vermont!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[WOLF3]
Members
29,824 posts
25,770 battles

I have all sorts of very bad, very harsh criticism of the new USN BB Split, but Vermont even with her problems is a monster.  She has all sorts of deficiencies but 457mm x12 is no joke.

NA Server Weekly Stats 01-30-2021

Tier X Tech Tree Battleship Dmg Avg

Yamato 89.1k

GK 69.1k

Republique 91.4k

Conkeke 106.9k (HE + Fire Dmg Farmer)

Kremlin 78.2k

Montana 75.6k

Vermont 86.4k

She seems to be doing alright for herself so far, but everyone is still adjusting with the new system.  Even in the last quarter before the Skill Rebork went Live, she had been putting out some good damage.

Yamato 89.2k

GK 71.9k

Republique 89.6k

Conkeke 102.7k (HE + Fire Dmg Farmer)

Kremlin 79.9k

Montana 77.7k

Vermont 90.9k

Spoiler

Side note: So much for Russian Bias

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
16,091 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I have all sorts of very bad, very harsh criticism of the new USN BB Split, but Vermont even with her problems is a monster.  She has all sorts of deficiencies but 457mm x12 is no joke.

NA Server Weekly Stats 01-30-2021

Tier X Tech Tree Battleship Dmg Avg

Yamato 89.1k

GK 69.1k

Republique 91.4k

Conkeke 106.9k (HE + Fire Dmg Farmer)

Kremlin 78.2k

Montana 75.6k

Vermont 86.4k

She seems to be doing alright for herself so far, but everyone is still adjusting with the new system.  Even in the last quarter before the Skill Rebork went Live, she had been putting out some good damage.

Yamato 89.2k

GK 71.9k

Republique 89.6k

Conkeke 102.7k (HE + Fire Dmg Farmer)

Kremlin 79.9k

Montana 77.7k

Vermont 90.9k

Reveal hidden contents

Side note: So much for Russian Bias

I think my problem post Bork... and that is mostly all my experience in Vermont is... guns don't pen well, ship is a floating fire hazard, and she can't get away from anything.  I have literally been burned up 4 games in a row... even Conqu HE is doing a lot of damage THEN catching me on fire.

[HINON]
Members
8,688 posts
12,680 battles

this is clearly a troll thread, everyone here knows the Vermont is the T10 of the alt line, when you try to troll OP, its best to actually try and not make it stupidly obvious that youre trolling

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,818 posts
4,278 battles

Vermont is slow, easy to hit and has a horrendous reload. But those guns hit like multiple trucks and they are very accurate. Not my first choice of ship to play for sure, but you definitely have to respect it or you will absolutely get wrecked. I don't like the game design of the ship (who wants to chug along in the back and snipe) but to be fair to WG it's a good ship. The guns are great, and I'm willing to give up a lot for that.

[RLGN]
Members
15,636 posts
27,325 battles
36 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Vermont is slow, easy to hit and has a horrendous reload. But those guns hit like multiple trucks and they are very accurate. Not my first choice of ship to play for sure, but you definitely have to respect it or you will absolutely get wrecked. I don't like the game design of the ship (who wants to chug along in the back and snipe) but to be fair to WG it's a good ship. The guns are great, and I'm willing to give up a lot for that.

As mentioned in other threads I’ve only played Vermont in the PT. Slow as cold molasses, but the kek’s have been no joke.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,824 posts
25,770 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As mentioned in other threads I’ve only played Vermont in the PT. Slow as cold molasses, but the kek’s have been no joke.

Flamu had done several videos on Vermont.  He repeatedly shows many things to hate about it, but the guns make it worthwhile.  A bunch of times he starts listing off all kinds of stupid things about the ship, "You can't angle round" and a bunch of other stuff.  But he always got back to the guns, which basically save the entire ship.

She's slow, reloads slow, she can't even tank well. But the guns make up for it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PISD]
Members
1,839 posts
6,092 battles
55 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

But those guns hit like multiple trucks and they are very accurate.

I would even say that they hit like a road roller tossed at you.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,093 posts
5 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Well, if USN superheavy 16 in was 2800 pounds, what would USN 18 inch superheavy have been?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,338 posts
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But he always got back to the guns, which basically save the entire ship.

She's slow, reloads slow, she can't even tank well. But the guns make up for it.

Isn't this really the nature of most ships in this game - x, y & z are crud by w...that w saves the ship.

[PISD]
Members
1,839 posts
6,092 battles
6 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Isn't this really the nature of most ships in this game - x, y & z are crud by w...that w saves the ship.

Few ships goes that far on one side. The other design tend to be more balanced, with the exception of the British that are pretty much gimmick over logic.

[SALVO]
Members
26,109 posts
29,083 battles
5 hours ago, Morpheous said:

I think my problem post Bork... and that is mostly all my experience in Vermont is... guns don't pen well, ship is a floating fire hazard, and she can't get away from anything.  I have literally been burned up 4 games in a row... even Conq HE is doing a lot of damage THEN catching me on fire.

The Vermont really isn't meant for closing on the enemy like most BBs.  It's meant to be a long range sniper, because at tier 10 with her slow speed, she can't control the range, nor is she good for pushing a flank.  The Vermont is best used in a central position where she can cover as much of the map as possible to maximize her engagement opportunities.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,956 battles

I've been enjoying the Minnesota a hell of a lot more than I was enjoying the Kansass.

Sure, she's still slow as hell with a painful reload but the guns at least feel a lot more accurate compared to the Kansas.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,012 battles

As much as the new USN BBs suck (and they suck hard), they can't hold a candle to the massive vacuum cleaners that are the German BBs (FdG and GK).

They were already the worst of the lot, and the secondary nerfs kicked them in the stones. What a laughable line...I remember when the Bismarck used to be awesome, even tier 9 BBs did not dare come into secondary range. But these moments are long gone, lost in time, like tears in rain.

[SPTR]
Members
27,292 posts
17,543 battles

I rather have my cruiser angled in at 30 degrees get hit by a salvo from any t9 BB like the Alsace or FDG but a salvo from a Vermont... 

Look im a masochist and even i don't wanna get hit by a full salvo from a Vermont.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

I've been enjoying the Minnesota a hell of a lot more than I was enjoying the Kansass.

Sure, she's still slow as hell with a painful reload but the guns at least feel a lot more accurate compared to the Kansas.

Do me a favour, will you? Take the Kansas out again just for ships and giggles (even just in a quick co-op battle) and tell me what you think. The last time I took mine out, the gunnery felt much improved.

I will agree with you about the jump from Kansas to Minnesota, though - at least in the week or two after the US BB split went live. Now I'm not so sure there's that much of a difference any more.

[APEZ]
Members
641 posts
7,774 battles

Just finished Kansas grind and fxp passed Minnesota to Vermont. So far it’s mediocre at best, it’s too reliant on the enemy being dumb and giving you broadsides to punish. It can’t dodge, can’t tank, can’t reposition, has horrendous he dpm. It’s too gimmicky of a ship to carry games with. 

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
13 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Republique 91.4k

Shh... Stop showing how good the Republique is...

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,012 battles
20 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

Shh... Stop showing how good the Republique is...

Move along, nothing to see here.

God, this...

REPUBLIQUE SUCKS WeeGee! BUFF NAO!

[HINON]
Members
8,688 posts
12,680 battles
14 hours ago, Karstodes said:

did someone say

BleakPaleEft-max-1mb.gif

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,839 posts
6,092 battles
21 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

did someone say

BleakPaleEft-max-1mb.gif

A connoisseur!

[CAAT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,624 battles

The WORST T9 BB not including the Minnesota (second worst)

No one expects the Minnesota Inquisition!!!

Ok, ok, so she's basically a T9 California performance-wise, (she even looks kinda similar too) but she's still my fave of the three splitline ships. Poor Kansas is way worse off stat-wise (NO MBM 3 , NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo), and Vermont....well, I dunno, she looks weird as heck with the three funnel arrangement, I can't get used to it yet. :P

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,724 posts
4,771 battles
17 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Well, if USN superheavy 16 in was 2800 pounds, what would USN 18 inch superheavy have been?

Shells for the USN 18"/48 Mk.1 gun 3320 lbs. (1510 kg).

Not sure that those are SHS, but do they need to be?

Edited by iDuckman