You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RMNHomeFleetActual

Customer Disservice

11 comments in this topic

[RMN]
Members
8 posts
1,963 battles

World of Warships customer service sucks and the system denied the opportunity to purchase The Lunar New Year bundle in the Armory with doubloons. It said I had it before I even purchased it and of course the customer disservice department has decided to tell to eat shitte, frac off and either let the extort money from me in the Premium Shop (paying once for the doubloons since we cash for them and paying once again in real money) to get the bundle I had gotten doubloons over the previous three weeks. With that kind of disservice it no wonder they are pushing recruiting to make up for the folks the customer disservice department has driven away.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,898 battles
1 minute ago, RMNHomeFleetActual said:

World of Warships customer service sucks and the system denied the opportunity to purchase The Lunar New Year bundle in the Armory with doubloons. It said I had it before I even purchased it and of course the customer disservice department has decided to tell to eat shitte, frac off and either let the extort money from me in the Premium Shop (paying once for the doubloons since we cash for them and paying once again in real money) to get the bundle I had gotten doubloons over the previous three weeks. With that kind of disservice it no wonder they are pushing recruiting to make up for the folks the customer disservice department has driven away.

@foodprinter

This one is for you big boy... Can you help him out concerning his allegation ?

TY

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,486 posts
22,854 battles

I think dysync is the answer and he will find either the bundle or dubs in his account if he logs out and back in....

[RMN]
Members
8 posts
1,963 battles

This just makes me wonder if company is running a scam

This was sent to me by one Paul Pitts:

Dear RMNHomeFleetActual.

Thank you for coming back to us.

I sincerely apologize for the previous reply and would like to note that we cannot perform the said action - "we can take the full price of the bundle and give you all other goods from the bundle. The ship that you already have will not be compensated and the cost of the bundle will be the same."

As a humble excuse for this, we grant you a bonus code for one day of Warships Premium Account:
CS2CP-HUVS3-WYHG2

How to redeem this bonus code you can find in the following article:
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/33483/

As it was mentioned earlier, if you want to get the mentioned bundle, you can purchase it in the Premium Shop.

Should you have any other questions, please contact us.
With regards,

It would not have been so bad except that Helen Morgan sent this earlier:

Here is what we can do, we can take the full price of the bundle and give you all other goods from the bundle.

The ship that you already have will not be compensated and the cost of the bundle will be the same.
The other option is to purchase this bundle via the premium shop.

In this case, you will get compensation for the ship you have.
Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.

Good luck on the battlefield.
Best regards,

[RMN]
Members
8 posts
1,963 battles

A definition for you:

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also employed in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by salespeople to consider similar, but higher-priced items ("switching").

Bait-and-switch techniques have a long and widespread history as a part of commercial culture. Many variations on the bait-and-switch appear, for example, in China's earliest book of stories about fraud, Zhang Yingyu's The Book of Swindles (c. 1617).[1]

In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising, and can be sued for trademark infringement by competing manufacturers, retailers, and others who profit from the sale of the product used as bait. However, no cause of action will exist if the purveyor is capable of actually selling the goods advertised, but aggressively pushes a competing product.

Likewise, advertising a sale while intending to stock a limited amount of, and thereby sell out, a loss-leading item advertised is legal in the United States. The purveyor can escape liability if they make clear in their advertisements that quantities of items for which a sale is offered are limited, or by offering a rain check on sold-out items.

In England and Wales, bait and switch is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.[2] Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail. In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act. In Australia, bait advertising is illegal under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010[3] (formerly known as the Trade Practices Act 1974).

Also remember that you cannot prove a negative.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,001 battles
2 minutes ago, RMNHomeFleetActual said:

A definition for you:

Hi Captain,

I can see that you are still not happy with the CS team solution, however, light reminder that you need to contact them and continue by re opening the ticket; because your post is now about discussing of action and it against forum guideline AND forum is a separate section from CS, we can only mentioned and tried to get in touch with related WG personel, but forum cant cross over the line so it really does not help by "continue on" here.

regards,

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
9 minutes ago, RMNHomeFleetActual said:

A definition for you:

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also employed in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by salespeople to consider similar, but higher-priced items ("switching").

Bait-and-switch techniques have a long and widespread history as a part of commercial culture. Many variations on the bait-and-switch appear, for example, in China's earliest book of stories about fraud, Zhang Yingyu's The Book of Swindles (c. 1617).[1]

In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising, and can be sued for trademark infringement by competing manufacturers, retailers, and others who profit from the sale of the product used as bait. However, no cause of action will exist if the purveyor is capable of actually selling the goods advertised, but aggressively pushes a competing product.

Likewise, advertising a sale while intending to stock a limited amount of, and thereby sell out, a loss-leading item advertised is legal in the United States. The purveyor can escape liability if they make clear in their advertisements that quantities of items for which a sale is offered are limited, or by offering a rain check on sold-out items.

In England and Wales, bait and switch is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.[2] Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail. In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act. In Australia, bait advertising is illegal under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010[3] (formerly known as the Trade Practices Act 1974).

Also remember that you cannot prove a negative.

And likewise, by discussing something that is technically not allowed in an internet forum, you are commiting  internet crime and eligible for arrest by internet police. It's not possible to prove a negative.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
5 hours ago, RMNHomeFleetActual said:

This just makes me wonder if company is running a scam

This was sent to me by one Paul Pitts:

Dear RMNHomeFleetActual.

Thank you for coming back to us.

I sincerely apologize for the previous reply and would like to note that we cannot perform the said action - "we can take the full price of the bundle and give you all other goods from the bundle. The ship that you already have will not be compensated and the cost of the bundle will be the same."

As a humble excuse for this, we grant you a bonus code for one day of Warships Premium Account:
CS2CP-HUVS3-WYHG2

How to redeem this bonus code you can find in the following article:
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/33483/

As it was mentioned earlier, if you want to get the mentioned bundle, you can purchase it in the Premium Shop.

Should you have any other questions, please contact us.
With regards,

It would not have been so bad except that Helen Morgan sent this earlier:

Here is what we can do, we can take the full price of the bundle and give you all other goods from the bundle.

The ship that you already have will not be compensated and the cost of the bundle will be the same.
The other option is to purchase this bundle via the premium shop.

In this case, you will get compensation for the ship you have.
Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.

Good luck on the battlefield.
Best regards,

Um... Yeah?

Y'know, bait and switch is a bad excuse. I dug in a lawbook, guess what? It's illegal to sell your eyeballs in Texas. Just say WG was forcing you to commercialize your eyeballs.