You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

playing lvls 2+ higher

29 comments in this topic

Members
170 posts
4,817 battles

to all those NEW players out If you think this game gets any easer and you are going to grow fast wait till you hit lvl 6 ships all you are going to get is stuck with games where the ships you are going against are 2+ lvls higher that means less points less bonuses less stars why because they will not fix the dang matchmaker so that u have little chance unless you fork out the cash, or getting put on the loosing team 75% of the time again because they will not fix the mm,  have great time trying to grow.  

• Boring 6
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles

Uhmm... You actually get a very nice XP bonus when inflicting damage on ships above your tier.

Tip: Fire damage is your friend, it scales proportionaly with HP pool, yummy.

• Thanks 1

Members
1,208 posts
1,707 battles
24 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

why because they will not fix the dang matchmaker so that u have little chance unless you fork out the cash, or getting put on the loosing team 75% of the time again because they will not fix the mm,  have great time trying to grow.  

Something tells me it's not a MM problem... :Smile_sceptic:

• Thanks 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,597 posts
18,571 battles
33 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

to all those NEW players out If you think this game gets any easer and you are going to grow fast wait till you hit lvl 6 ships all you are going to get is stuck with games where the ships you are going against are 2+ lvls higher that means less points less bonuses less stars why because they will not fix the dang matchmaker so that u have little chance unless you fork out the cash, or getting put on the loosing team 75% of the time again because they will not fix the mm,  have great time trying to grow.  

I get what you're saying, I really do. Honestly though following the captain skills rework I've been playing quite a bit at the lower tiers as it's just more fun. Everyone pushes in and there's not really any back line camping. Yes, I get up tiered a lot, probably too much, but even in losses it's fun. The below match took place today and even uptiered in the Oklahoma it was still entertaining. 

Find a line you're enjoying and just play. When you're low tier don't push early, don't be the first captain spotted, and assist when feasible. If a flank is falling then relocate or fall back. Shoot a lot of HE and understand you probably won't carry the team. But as long as you can help that's good enough. 

shot-21_02_02_09_06.00-0581.thumb.jpg.3306eee6e9d8f2e6101e0bafcb5c7d82.jpg

• Thanks 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,116 posts
11,893 battles

Well if OP is losing 75% of the time then some other T6 cruiser is winning 75% of the time. Balans achieved, dah.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,852 posts
4,300 battles
Just now, ditka_Fatdog said:

Well if OP is losing 75% of the time then some other T6 cruiser is winning 75% of the time. Balans achieved, dah.

If OP is losing 75% of the time the problem isn't MM.

Being bottom tier isn't always fun, but you get a good XP bonus, contrary to popular belief you are still effective, and remember next time you're top tier someone else is on the bottom.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,280 posts
12,247 battles
34 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Except that only works if he's playing the same CA every time .

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,938 battles

You've made the same thread like 7 times in the past week.

The game got easier for me over time...I don't mind being bottom tier.  Just because you still haven't improved after nearly 5000 games doesn't mean that is the case with everyone.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,819 posts
12,666 battles

Am I one of the few people who legitimately enjoys getting uptiered? It's literally bonus XP. I hate being top tier because there's not as much HP to farm...

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles

If you are losing 75% of the time that means you have a stellar 25% win rate which is a lie.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
299 posts
5,078 battles

2 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

they will not fix the dang matchmaker so that u have little chance unless you fork out the cash

I can buy better match making?

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
25,000 battles
3 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Or you could just get in the group of players that always face ships 2 tiers lower. 

Its pretty nice.

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
2 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Am I one of the few people who legitimately enjoys getting uptiered? It's literally bonus XP. I hate being top tier because there's not as much HP to farm...

I really enjoy it too... it is like...

Nobody expects to be burned down by a puny bottom tier ship

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles
4 hours ago, Compassghost said:

With the exception of a few ships, I don’t really mind it either. I wouldn’t want to be bottom tier all the time, but for the most part I enjoy the bottom tier games when they do happen. 

[D-PN]
Members
693 posts
4,560 battles

Loosing -- to let loose, such as an arrow.

Losing -- the opposite of winning. 

Why is this so hard for people? It's literally 2nd grade English. 

[O_O]
Members
6,979 posts
17,018 battles
11 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I have kept track of my bottom tier matchmaking for quite a while.  In my last 879 games in Tier 6 ships, I was bottom tier in 307...or 35%.

As said above, being bottom tier means you actually get MORE XP...provided you contribute.  And yes, Tier 6 ships can be productive against Tier 8 ships, if you just play a little more carefully.  I also don't mind being bottom tier, particularly at the current frequency average of 40% I have experienced in my last 3,308 games in Tier 5-8 ships.

"Forking over cash" has no effect on matchmaker.  Where did you even come up with that?

And, I thought you quit playing a long time ago?

"never did never will and oh i quit playing to so trol me i do not care!!!" - crickethunter_brown, April 27, 2020.

Edited by desmo_2

[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,997 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If you are losing 75% of the time that means you have a stellar 25% win rate which is a lie.

Well, if he is on a team of losers 75% of the time, but carries the losers in a third of those games, he can get his WR up to 50%. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,108 posts
7,109 battles
15 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

My primary language was German when I grew up.   When I learned English I also had a problem with  run on sentences in my writing. A teacher in college taught me to read what I wrote out loud.  Then where ever you pause to take a breath you put in a period.  It will also help you to structure your text better and see where words are missing in your sentences. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,108 posts
7,109 battles
12 hours ago, Compassghost said:

It depends on the ship and the manner of uptiering.  Am I the lone T7 CL  with short range guns  in a match that primarily T9s ?  Then I might not like that so much. Am I in a Sinop with plenty other T7s and a few 8s and a couple T9s  then its kinda fun. 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
3 hours ago, MajorEnglush said:

We've been invaded by the autocorrect generation.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,366 posts
19,376 battles
12 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I'm good at any tier and whatever MM throws at me.  When bottom tier, it's a challenge to figure out where I can be relevant.  And when you kick butt bottom tier, it's good feeling.

If I'm top tier, I recognize I have some added responsibility to perform well.  A top tier must carry their weight in order to give the mid and low tier ships their chances of performing well.

Some folk thing being top tier is "easier".  Well, it is in terms of most engagements where the power of the ship beats the power of the adversary.  But that is a poor metric.  A top tier is EXPECTED to outperform a lower tier adversary.  The key to winning is to take being top tier to the next level...not just being better...but being better than the tier delta given.  This is perhaps the biggest issue with players as they move up the tiers.  They think that once they reach that top tier OP ship, all their problems will be solved.  Only to find out all those lower tier problems have been replaced with even greater top tier problems... now you MUST perform well...now you MUST outdo your tier advantage.  It's not the tier folks...it's the captain.  Once you realize that, you'll do better...play better. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,366 posts
19,376 battles
3 hours ago, MajorEnglush said:

Their is a weigh two fix grammer eras.  Butt its knot easy four eue too doo. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1