Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Clan Battles and Ranked at Lower Tiers

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

81
[EQV]
Members
144 posts
1,408 battles

Now I'm not saying that they should be dropped all the way down to tier 4 or something but say maybe tier 6 or 7 there are a lot of fun ships in tiers other than 8/9/10. I've got a few favorites at 6 and would like to maybe get some more use out of them. (Either that or add more Operations or new modes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,461
[SALVO]
Members
7,059 posts
5,529 battles

There was a CB season at T6 not long ago, Ranked at T7 and T8 recently too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
566
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,178 battles
36 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Now I'm not saying that they should be dropped all the way down to tier 4 or something but say maybe tier 6 or 7 there are a lot of fun ships in tiers other than 8/9/10. I've got a few favorites at 6 and would like to maybe get some more use out of them. (Either that or add more Operations or new modes)

They were not as fun as it was assumed to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
763
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

Some of the lower ranked turned out to be targets to be farmed. And so it was in the recent clan and ranked with those lower ranked ships run by people who have not yet been bloodied in the T10 stuff.

Thats one of the reasons I stay at T10, none of that mismatch [edited] where you are fighting a gorilla with a obsolete vessal.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[USN]
Members
1,516 posts
20,450 battles
45 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Now I'm not saying that they should be dropped all the way down to tier 4 or something but say maybe tier 6 or 7 there are a lot of fun ships in tiers other than 8/9/10. I've got a few favorites at 6 and would like to maybe get some more use out of them. (Either that or add more Operations or new modes)

They tried a T6 clan season. It would of been fun, if CVs weren't allowed. The next season is T9, so fun should be had cause no CVs, but might suck because half the best ships to use are premiums, and half of those will/are no longer available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles
16 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Some of the lower ranked turned out to be targets to be farmed.

Solution: only allow players with >1000 battles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,488
[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

They tried a T6 clan season. It would of been fun, if CVs weren't allowed. The next season is T9, so fun should be had cause no CVs, but might suck because half the best ships to use are premiums, and half of those will/are no longer available.

would HAVE.  There's no such thing as "would of"

 

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

There was a CB season at T6 not long ago, Ranked at T7 and T8 recently too

And IIRC, Graf Spees were very heavily used in that tier 6 season, which made it a whole lot less fun, because it gets boring whenever a single ship from a given ship type gets used to the exclusion of all others of that type.

And tier 8 clan battles/brawls get pretty boring because they end up very quickly becoming World of Gunboats.

I'm not sure there there's been a clan battles season or clan brawl at tier 7, but it might be worth a brawl just to see what happens.  Ditto for tier 5, though I think that we'd see a lot of Gulio Cesares filling the BB slots.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,461
[SALVO]
Members
7,059 posts
5,529 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

would HAVE.  There's no such thing as "would of"

 

And IIRC, Graf Spees were very heavily used in that tier 6 season, which made it a whole lot less fun, because it gets boring whenever a single ship from a given ship type gets used to the exclusion of all others of that type.

And tier 8 clan battles/brawls get pretty boring because they end up very quickly becoming World of Gunboats.

I'm not sure there there's been a clan battles season or clan brawl at tier 7, but it might be worth a brawl just to see what happens.  Ditto for tier 5, thoug

That's correct. It was the season I joined SALVO. First CB season for me precisely because it was T6. And yes, oh surprise... I played Graf Spee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[SCCC]
Members
713 posts
17,525 battles

Reason why there isn't any low tier CW is because of how imbalanced certain ships are at tiers below those tiers
T4 why?, clemson spam, if arms race spam them harder
T5 don't even know why you would, kamikaze, okhotnik spam, if arms race spam them harder
T6 Graf Spee spam, if arms race resort to spamming french DDs with reload booster
T7 belfast spam, if arms race spam them harder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[SAF]
Members
124 posts
10,907 battles

Yeah my first CB season was T6 it was ok, but the graf spam and T61 spam was real. Tier 8 would be best you have a nice mix of good ships, but then again you have strong CVs at that tier to contend with. T9 will be fun but you have strong premiums to deal with (USS Black,Freisland,Georgia,JB,Musashi)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,030 battles
4 hours ago, AkiraKurai said:

Reason why there isn't any low tier CW is because of how imbalanced certain ships are at tiers below those tiers
T4 why?, clemson spam, if arms race spam them harder
T5 don't even know why you would, kamikaze, okhotnik spam, if arms race spam them harder
T6 Graf Spee spam, if arms race resort to spamming french DDs with reload booster
T7 belfast spam, if arms race spam them harder

Sinop spam also proved to be very effective last time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[SCCC]
Members
713 posts
17,525 battles
3 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

Sinop spam also proved to be very effective last time around.

Was quoting CA/CLs and DDs only because they aren't capped

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,030 battles
Just now, AkiraKurai said:

Was quoting CA/CLs and DDs only because they aren't capped

good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[F4E]
Members
314 posts
9,670 battles

Graf Spee and T-61 were definitely the "go to" ships of their type when Clan Battles were T6.

It would not be difficult for WG to either disallow those specific ships, or require tech tree ships only...just as two potential measures to address the 'spam' problem...but I would also point out that the 'spam' problem exists during clan battles no matter what tier is involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,909
[SALVO]
Members
3,102 posts
7,088 battles
9 minutes ago, MN_Nice said:

Graf Spee and T-61 were definitely the "go to" ships of their type when Clan Battles were T6.

It would not be difficult for WG to either disallow those specific ships, or require tech tree ships only...just as two potential measures to address the 'spam' problem...but I would also point out that the 'spam' problem exists during clan battles no matter what tier is involved.

They are looking at limiting ship selection with the new T9 CB season that is coming. I like the idea of allowing only 1 of each specific ship.  That is one of the limits they are looking at. Though the patch notes are vague and it looks like they will be trying  different ways to limit ship selection.  

We have done a few scrimms with limits on ship selection and it does create a rather nice and broad selection of ships. 

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,764 battles

T8 and to a lessor degree T7/9 are fun for completion modes due to variety of ships and team make ups. T10 over and over gets stale

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
18 hours ago, skillztowin said:

They were not as fun as it was assumed to be

I personally greatly enjoyed the tier 7 ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[SCCC]
Members
713 posts
17,525 battles
2 hours ago, MN_Nice said:

T7 was good...hardly any radar at T7, no CVs...

I would love to play the version you had when it happened. belfasts and atlantas everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
566
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,178 battles

the dispersion alone kills the tactics. you can have a great play, not matter, cuz the shells straddled the broadside. it felt more like bumper cars with shooty pistols. 

Edited by skillztowin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
1 hour ago, AkiraKurai said:

I would love to play the version you had when it happened. belfasts and atlantas everywhere.

Not that difficult to play around them.  Certainly easier than trying to play around sky cancer.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×