Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.1, changes to test ships and Belfast '43

39 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,186 posts
6,406 battles

Probably about the only glimmer of hope I have left for this game is the addition of Ise and Tone...and they are still being worked on. 

Cool.

• Meh 1

[NWO-1]
Members
215 posts
4,597 battles

Please get better names for the ships. The Ise and Tone class had ships names that can be used without using numbers.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
15 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

Please get better names for the ships. The Ise and Tone class had ships names that can be used without using numbers.

The 1, 2 and 3 suffixes are being used as test names to differentiate them because of their different aircraft load-outs. You can almost certainly expect this to change before they get released.

37 minutes ago, BingBongBrian said:

So they’re buffing the ‘43 and not the Flint. Okay then...

Belfast '43 has been in the game for a significantly longer time than Flint has been in her post-rework state, and they have far more data on which to make a decision.

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Please give feedback below.

I'm surprised to find that Vampire II doesn't have the propulsion mod already built in like her British cousin. 

• Boring 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,256 posts
16,130 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Probably about the only glimmer of hope I have left for this game is the addition of Ise and Tone...and they are still being worked on. 

Cool.

ummm okay you get a flight of of planes on a CA or BB...so yeah manage that while trying to shoot at someone or dodge...sounds sooo fun.  Saw the Tone in a game...sitting way back fiddling w her little airplanes...and finally dawned on the player folks were shelling the crap out of her....and then she died.

• Funny 1

[KAG]
Members
203 posts
10,749 battles

Ise and Tone look to be preforming like be sub-par ships able to conduct sub-par plane strike.
Makes sense of course....but also sucks out the appeal..  Seriously.  3 Minutes per plane??  Thats FDR levels.  If those planes aren't covered in covered in an extra layer of armor they will be a useless gimmick, especially since Tone could face TX AA

[HINON]
Members
8,693 posts
12,693 battles

the selling point of the Hybrids takes another hit, not that it really mattered, Hybrids were never really going to work anyway, at this point, you'll be buying the Tone or Ise for historical reasons and not for the gameplay

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,032 posts
4,626 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Cool.

And here I am still waiting for Wee Vee '44 (WHICH I KNOW THEY HAVE A MODEL OF, IF WOWS BLITZ IS ANY INDICATION) and Nevada '42.

Look at these lovely ships!

Image result for west virginia battleship

aaaand 

Image result for nevada battleship

Nevada '42 is SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!! <3

[HINON]
Members
2,313 posts
22,950 battles
59 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

the selling point of the Hybrids takes another hit, not that it really mattered, Hybrids were never really going to work anyway, at this point, you'll be buying the Tone or Ise for historical reasons and not for the gameplay

Not necessarily a bad thing.  A few of us like ships that are just "different", don't need them to be competitive.

• Cool 2

Members
763 posts
14,038 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Belfast '43 has been in the game for a significantly longer time than Flint has been in her post-rework state, and they have far more data on which to make a decision.

Wait... Wot!! 

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
45 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

And here I am still waiting for Wee Vee '44

This could be tricky. 

Would it be a tier 7?  I sort of doubt it, since the California is basically a tier 6, with upgraded AA, etc. and upgraded to tier 7.

Would it be a tier 8?  But how would an upgraded "Colorado" (i.e. the WV44) with improved AA and armed with eight 16" guns compare to the Kansas which has twelve 16" guns and roughly the same speed?  I suppose that a WW44 with super-heavy AP, enhanced AA, and perhaps an accuracy buff might make for a decent enough tier 8 premium.  But it'd be a tricky thing to balance.

[CAAT]
Members
1,032 posts
4,626 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This could be tricky. 

Would it be a tier 7?  I sort of doubt it, since the California is basically a tier 6, with upgraded AA, etc. and upgraded to tier 7.

Would it be a tier 8?  But how would an upgraded "Colorado" (i.e. the WV44) with improved AA and armed with eight 16" guns compare to the Kansas which has twelve 16" guns and roughly the same speed?  I suppose that a WW44 with super-heavy AP, enhanced AA, and perhaps an accuracy buff might make for a decent enough tier 8 premium.  But it'd be a tricky thing to balance.

Apparently, if WoWs Blitz is anything to go by, it'll be Tier 7. Which imo works well enough, since West Virginia '41 is Tier 6....

[PISD]
Members
1,845 posts
6,124 battles
16 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Apparently, if WoWs Blitz is anything to go by, it'll be Tier 7. Which imo works well enough, since West Virginia '41 is Tier 6....

Only she is supposed to be a better Colorado, so having her at the same tier as Colorado is.... weird.

[CAAT]
Members
1,032 posts
4,626 battles
18 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Only she is supposed to be a better Colorado, so having her at the same tier as Colorado is.... weird.

Nahhh, not weird. Make her a secondaries Colorado! Boom, problem solved! AND it's fun!

Well.....it will be once WG FIXES SECONDARIES ACCURACY.

[PIPI]
Members
1 post

Is there anyway to get back the coal i wasted on the Flint a month before you nerfed it into the ground?

[USN]
Members
1,515 posts
20,450 battles

Belfast '43: Very rare to see a premium ship buffed after release, even rarer when the buff does absolutely nothing to fix its problems

Vampire II: forgot Daring can't mount speed boost while Vampire can, did we?

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
2 hours ago, Karstodes said:

^This.

2 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Nahhh, not weird. Make her a secondaries Colorado! Boom, problem solved! AND it's fun!

Completely weird.  The idea of a molasses slow secondary BB at tier 7 is profoundly bizarre.  I would much rather that she be more like how I described an idea for the WV44 above.

[CAAT]
Members
1,032 posts
4,626 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The idea of a molasses slow secondary BB at tier 7 is profoundly bizarre.

And yet, it WOULD be quite unique....and in my opinion, fun! The concept actually does work moderately well on Oklahoma, to be fair. Only this time, Wee Vee '44 would have proper secondaries, and better reload times! You'll be slow, but you've got 16 in guns AND you've got killer secondaries! Makes for a pretty decent battleship that's not overpowered and has notable flaws. So if California is the T7 counterpart to the Texas, Colorado is the T7 counterpart to the New York, and Wee Vee '44 is the T7 counterpart to the Oklahoma! Perfectly balanced, actually.

I mean, it's either that or I get my T7 Tennessee as the "Massachusetts" to T7 California's "Alabama", either way works for me :P

Well, you WOULD have killer secondaries, I should say....something something secondaries accuracy is trashed....:P

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

And yet, it WOULD be quite unique....and in my opinion, fun! The concept actually does work moderately well on Oklahoma, to be fair. Only this time, Wee Vee '44 would have proper secondaries, and better reload times! You'll be slow, but you've got 16 in guns AND you've got killer secondaries! Makes for a pretty decent battleship that's not overpowered and has notable flaws. So if California is the T7 counterpart to the Texas, Colorado is the T7 counterpart to the New York, and Wee Vee '44 is the T7 counterpart to the Oklahoma! Perfectly balanced, actually.

Well, you WOULD have killer secondaries, I should say....something something secondaries accuracy is trashed....:P

To me, secondary build BBs are NOT fun in the least.

• Sad 2

[CAAT]
Members
1,032 posts
4,626 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

To me, secondary build BBs are NOT fun in the least.

WELL, to me, snipe builds aren't really that much of a joyride either. Sooooo, we gotta compromise for everyone, right? A ship for secondaries lovers, a ship for sniping lovers, a ship for people who hate planes and by extension, CVs ;P

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
6 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

WELL, to me, snipe builds aren't really that much of a joyride either. Sooooo, we gotta compromise for everyone, right? A ship for secondaries lovers, a ship for sniping lovers, a ship for people who hate planes and by extension, CVs ;P

"Snipe" builds are a lot closer to how real BBs fought in WW2 than brawling at knife fighting range, which is entirely why they're more fun for me.

Sign in to follow this