You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

WG can you please just make a separate directory for usermusic?

12 comments in this topic

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles

It gets really tiresome to every patch have to go back in and copy my music back into the correct directory. 

Why can't you have the game just reference a /wowsdirectory/usermusic  to read the music files there and not have the patcher delete/modify that folder?

• Cool 3

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,077 battles
34 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

It gets really tiresome to every patch have to go back in and copy my music back into the correct directory. 

Why can't you have the game just reference a /wowsdirectory/usermusic  to read the music files there and not have the patcher delete/modify that folder?

Aloha,

I put this feedback in some time ago, but will ping this request again. I totally understand why it would be unfavorable to have to always replace your music.

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

I put this feedback in some time ago, but will ping this request again. I totally understand why it would be unfavorable to have to always replace your music.

-Hapa

imageproxy.gif

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

It would be way better than having to pull it from online elsewhere while playing. Slows the game a  little bit. Unless I tethered the smart phone with it's own music file as a virtual drive.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
20,871 battles

You can also mute the in game music and run your own tunes using a separate application...saves all that hassle.

[WOLF8]
Members
705 posts
9,477 battles

And please also relocate the podcasts out of UserMusic to their own directory.  

Edited by Slammer58

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Thanks! If possible, could you also sneak in this:

Add a keybind for 'fire all main guns' to the controls menu that does it with one keystroke rather than only via double-click. Some of us have issues double clicking fast enough (age, disabilities, etc) for the guns to fire all at once. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

Is there any advantage to using this in game option over say just using spotify?

[KEGEL]
Members
284 posts
13,140 battles
On 2/3/2021 at 4:19 AM, Skyfaller said:

Believe someone mentioned this above...open seperate program to play music (I use trustly old Winamp) then map the basic media player functions  (play, stop, skip, volume, etc...again use Winamp for this) to keys on keyboard. These will work regardless if player is in background. Winamp also flashes up an overlay of new track playing.

14 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Thanks! If possible, could you also sneak in this:

Add a keybind for 'fire all main guns' to the controls menu that does it with one keystroke rather than only via double-click. Some of us have issues double clicking fast enough (age, disabilities, etc) for the guns to fire all at once. 

Maybe try mapping the alt fire key to the spacebar.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,064 posts
27,555 battles

I just tried using a symbolic link folder pointing to an external folder from C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res, doesn't seem to work, a pity as that would have been an easy fix.

Scrub that.

Long time since I used this feature and it seems the relevant userMusic folder has been moved, mine is here

C:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin\3343484\res\userMusic

The numbers may vary for you, I don't know. However, if you place a hard symbolic link in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin\3343484\res\ to a userMusic folder placed elsewhere then it works providing the mp3s are 128ks. This means that when a patch comes along all you have to do is to replace the symbolic link. In this example I created a folder on my D: drive and loaded the mp3s in there, make sure there is no userMusic folder in the res folder, I then executed a command which placed the symbolic link to the music folder, here is the syntax for the command

mklink /J C:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin\3343484\res\userMusic d:\userMusic

execute in a command prompt at administrator level. 

Edited by Efros

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles
9 hours ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Maybe try mapping the alt fire key to the spacebar.

That's the issue.. it doesn't work. There is only a 'fire gun' and if you mapped the alt fire to whatever it would just fire 1 gun not all guns at once. Youd have to double tap that alt key to do the full salvo fire.