You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

will WG ever address our 10.0 skill rework concerns?

144 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

I know i'm not the only one wanting answers on 10.0 and "community time" isn't the place to ask.. Cmon WG we need to hear from the DEVS who did this to us. We need to know if/when any changes will be made. I know i'd love to see the survey results, as the skill rework is at least 90% hated. Something needs to be done to fix the actual gameplay. The meta is jacked at this point. It's all pretty depressing.. our discord server has fewer people on, no one wants to barely play anymore. 

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 2

[SIM]
Members
5,778 posts
9,263 battles

Don’t pull statistics out of your aft. You saying that the rework is “90% hated” is just as valid as me saying that it’s 90% loved. You know, not at all. 

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

Probably but a lot depends on us. The Meta is largely driven by the players not just the ships. So currently we have battleships hanging back to far (just like before the patch) but now some players think that they are playing to the dead eye strength. This will not continue for very long. So WG will be watching and they will be looking at the global stats and if warranted adjustments will be made. 

So far I am having fun with it but I have only deeply explored 3 lines at this point.

This was a big change and most of us players have barely explored all the options.

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
9 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

I know i'm not the only one wanting answers on 10.0 and "community time" isn't the place to ask.. Cmon WG we need to hear from the DEVS who did this to us. We need to know if/when any changes will be made. I know i'd love to see the survey results, as the skill rework is at least 90% hated. Something needs to be done to fix the actual gameplay. The meta is jacked at this point. It's all pretty depressing.. our discord server has fewer people on, no one wants to barely play anymore. 

Few points...

• Changes will be made accordingly during the 2021 cycle year..
  • THe rework itself is not as hated as the CV rework..
    • two years in and I still see complaints about it in every single CV match
  • The meta haven't changed... The abilities of the BB class haven't changed...
    • What has changed is the psychological acceptance of certain in game behaviors..
      •   HE spaming for BBs
      • Sniping from 2 caps away.

The list can go on and on... In the end, you cant change how people are going to play the game... You can change the ordnance capabilities as an  option to stop the unwanted behaviors from occurring.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[PISD]
Members
1,836 posts
6,086 battles

The main issue comes from Dead Eye, and even this is due more to the player base than the skill itself. The skill do not make ships staying in the back OP, but people feel justify to play that way. Their win rate will soon push them to get close again, since the team pushing tend to roll over the other team quite easily.

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,803 posts
5,983 battles
5 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

The main issue comes from Dead Eye, and even this is due more to the player base than the skill itself. The skill do not make ships staying in the back OP, but people feel justify to play that way. Their win rate will soon push them to get close again, since the team pushing tend to roll over the other team quite easily.

The way I play with deadeye is to play like you dont have it even though you do.

Then again while I love a bit of camping, that should only be done in the woods.

• Cool 3

[PISD]
Members
1,836 posts
6,086 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

The way I play with deadeye is to play like you dont have it even though you do.

Then again while I love a bit of camping, that should only be done in the woods.

Basically my way also. Good on low concealment BB like Roma and Conqueror since it give you a  buff while not impacting your ability to push.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

ever watch the community contributors on twitch? nothing but hatred and loathing for the rework. no one in my clan likes it, and everyone has cut back on playing, the game isn't fun anymore. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,748 battles

They aren’t going back. It is that simple. Challenge yourself to play different ships, different builds, and different play styles and you will find yourself having fun very quickly.

Now is the perfect time to start up a new line.

Or don’t, and become comfortable with the demise of this game in your list of games you play. That will be your vote that the devs will actually register. 
In other words - it’s not worth being negative about any longer. The negativity has done nothing for us on the CV rework, it won’t help us here.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What has changed is the psychological acceptance of certain in game behaviors.

17 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

So much This ^^^^

The above will need to resolve itself first, then WG might look at adjustments. 

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

No. They will keep quiet and blame the players, like the official streamers do.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
27 minutes ago, paradat said:

Probably but a lot depends on us. The Meta is largely driven by the players not just the ships. So currently we have battleships hanging back to far (just like before the patch) but now some players think that they are playing to the dead eye strength. This will not continue for very long. So WG will be watching and they will be looking at the global stats and if warranted adjustments will be made. 

So far I am having fun with it but I have only deeply explored 3 lines at this point.

This was a big change and most of us players have barely explored all the options.

Wargaming will very likely respond to things like the "no concealment build" heavy cruisers and long-range-sniping BBs by "balancing" the ships, rather than correcting course on the skills or giving us back actual build diversity.  

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Wargaming will very likely respond to things like the "no concealment build" heavy cruisers and long-range-sniping BBs by "balancing" the ships, rather than correcting course on the skills or giving us back actual build diversity.  

Hmm.... maybe. I think the skill rework provides them a pretty easy way for future class balancing but yeah will see.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
17 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

They aren’t going back. It is that simple. Challenge yourself to play different ships, different builds, and different play styles and you will find yourself having fun very quickly.

Now is the perfect time to start up a new line.

Or don’t, and become comfortable with the demise of this game in your list of games you play. That will be your vote that the devs will actually register. 
In other words - it’s not worth being negative about any longer. The negativity has done nothing for us on the CV rework, it won’t help us here.

When ( "if" ) the player numbers drop in response to the massive changes, devaluation of spent time/money, and increasingly stagnant and pointless gameplay, WG needs to realize why people are leaving.  As it stands, I suspect that server pop is being kept higher than it would be by external circumstances, and will drop noticeably once summer and vaccines take full effect in a few months.  

Making it crystal clear is the point of these threads.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,472 battles
17 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

ever watch the community contributors on twitch? nothing but hatred and loathing for the rework. no one in my clan likes it, and everyone has cut back on playing, the game isn't fun anymore. 

rfasuGR.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

As usual, some posters are criticizing what WG does, and other posters... unable to actually defend what WG does... choose instead of take shots at anyone who dares criticize WG.  

If the skill rework is so great, and so full of awesome changes and great effects on gameplay, then why is it we see a lot of personal attacks, and very little actual content, from those defending it? 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,225 posts
9,984 battles
30 minutes ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

Every tool has a place in the toolbox, and the toolbox has many tools.

[KWF]
Members
5,738 posts
6,985 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Want my guess? It's free I promise. WG will balance various skills, make a couple of the broken ones nigh worthless up to the point you will be pretty much back to the old cookie cutter skills with some minor adjustments. Only this time you will have to grind 21 points and an artificially inflated barrier of 1.2mil CXP from 19 to 21.

To me personally, balance or some semblance of it will arrive sooner or later. But the infrastructure that shifts the goalposts yet again is the one that will remain untouched, and in the end that's the ugly part.

Edited by warheart1992

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
127 posts
15,977 battles

Will there be changes? Yes. Will they be the ones you want? Maybe, maybe not. When will they come? Not right away, that's for sure.

Where's the meme about Random Forumite Claims Game is Absolutely Dead This Time! ?

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

the problem is the skill rework did not make diversity, it just nerfed most everything. Secondary builds are a waste of time now. Hardly anyone will take cruisers... the list goes on and on. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[VOP]
Members
947 posts
1 hour ago, paradat said:

I realize WG has stats for damage, win rate, etc. But, how do they track hiding? Average km traveled?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, Airjellyfish said:

I realize WG has stats for damage, win rate, etc. But, how do they track hiding? Average km traveled?

The CC and front facing employees have a good handle on observing the Meta. Average KM traveled is a stat they can track.

Members
4,072 posts
43,929 battles

It is still early to be tuning it. We are not even at week 4. 

As for the skills, some seem useful to some but a waste to others. 

The growing consensus depends on who loses and who wins in battles right?

If the Dead Eye BB Players pick off the fire meta cruisers, then the fire meta cruiser has gone into extinction. Conquerors and Thunderers sailing about with their giant Royal navy hats with feathers about only to be ninja attacked by a DD that don't give a Shot. 

If the Dazzle skill works as intended, then Randoms will never see a single DD, as a DD player can sneak up on a bot BB and torp the crap out of it in those 15 secs. A DD player can make a decent living farming co-op. There would be no incentive to play Randoms.

Cruisers seem to have no home unless they like being target practice in Randoms. It is no wonder I see more of them in co-op. And mainly because it is safer to test skills there for now. And also fun to use AP. LOL

CVs have new tools in the tool shed. One looks like a chain saw from hell. Heck, I saw a Streamer swing his "Dirk" in his Audacious with authoritay on a team and Kraken yesterday. Yep, the last ship he sunk, he lost his mind letting out a cheer. I think he woke up the Norse Gods with that one. He might need to keep it down.

Anyway, it is too early to tell what changes will come if any, but they will come. 

Just look at the history of the CV rework and we saw more patches than at a pirates convention. The updates were perversely sublime and eventually never ending. 

The game is evolving. 

Soon, we will have thought controlled weapon systems. 

The catch is: You have to think in Russian to use them.

(If you don't get that reference, then it was because it was a long time ago, a century ago.)

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,472 battles
24 minutes ago, echelon5 said:

Will there be changes? Yes. Will they be the ones you want? Maybe, maybe not. When will they come? Not right away, that's for sure.

Where's the meme about Random Forumite Claims Game is Absolutely Dead This Time! ?

Your wish  is my command.

n6GJDrJ.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

One of the problems I have with their "build diversity" is how they actually split up a few of the old skills into multiple new skills, which then became described as a part of build diversity.  How about some actually NEW skills?  There are some truly new skills, of course but it would be nice to see more.  And more new skills that didn't have to be triggered or come with a required debuff as the cost for taking the new skill.  Or at least not "costs" that debuff concealment.