Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bleispucker

so why does Wargaming call it Ranked?

20 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
13,105 battles

so this so called test season is now over, thank god.

u know what was the difference, for real?! the only difference what this season had was that u had to play more games. this so called leagues and the flattering names bronce, silver and gold are just as it always was. a freecard for everybody ... if u had enough freetime u could rank out even with negative winrate (yeah negative winrate ... in a tournament or ranked event where winning and doing good should be the key to success) but as we all know wargaming wont exclude anybody as in for example the CV players.

image.thumb.png.b3ec794051171ad12e53588713e05d1d.png

i mean this is just the tipp of the iceberg ... this are for sure not the top 20 players in account of played games this season cause the hidden profile players aint listed. i know some ppl say if u have enough time why not, but alot of this players just drive into the middle and shot at something and die in the first 2-3 minutes (i dont say that they are boting ... cause wargaming says there is no boting, hacking, etc. on their server ... cause their servers are top notch protected and run without lag or delay!)

its loveley from wargaming that they dont want exclude anyone ... sure why not. but what about protecting the majority of players who dont abuse and exploit a event to gain the rewards? this numbers are clearly not normal, by far not and this exploiters just make this whole thing so toxic and so no fun to play.

i dont want to moan about the rewards ... wargaming doesnt have to give away free items not in the way they do (even so they were much more generous in the past *wink*)

change ranked into a game mode where actually winning and playing good matters ... introduce a  maximum number of games u can play each season that would solve alot of problems or change the name into random+ (+ stands for give aways for everyone), cause this event aint a ranked system!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

Why do you care? It's a casual arcade game. There is literally never any real accomplishment going on.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,104 posts
22,598 battles
32 minutes ago, Bleispucker said:

so this so called test season is now over, thank god.

u know what was the difference, for real?! the only difference what this season had was that u had to play more games. this so called leagues and the flattering names bronce, silver and gold are just as it always was. a freecard for everybody ... if u had enough freetime u could rank out even with negative winrate (yeah negative winrate ... in a tournament or ranked event where winning and doing good should be the key to success) but as we all know wargaming wont exclude anybody as in for example the CV players.

image.thumb.png.b3ec794051171ad12e53588713e05d1d.png

i mean this is just the tipp of the iceberg ... this are for sure not the top 20 players in account of played games this season cause the hidden profile players aint listed. i know some ppl say if u have enough time why not, but alot of this players just drive into the middle and shot at something and die in the first 2-3 minutes (i dont say that they are boting ... cause wargaming says there is no boting, hacking, etc. on their server ... cause their servers are top notch protected and run without lag or delay!)

its loveley from wargaming that they dont want exclude anyone ... sure why not. but what about protecting the majority of players who dont abuse and exploit a event to gain the rewards? this numbers are clearly not normal, by far not and this exploiters just make this whole thing so toxic and so no fun to play.

i dont want to moan about the rewards ... wargaming doesnt have to give away free items not in the way they do (even so they were much more generous in the past *wink*)

change ranked into a game mode where actually winning and playing good matters ... introduce a  maximum number of games u can play each season that would solve alot of problems or change the name into random+ (+ stands for give aways for everyone), cause this event aint a ranked system!

The game isn't skill based nor, designed as a meritocracy........  There are no skill hard requirements to advance; to buy any premium; or, to even participate at any level !  Heck, there are players playing their Grand Parents or Parents accounts to avoid spending money !!!  And, you want a serious competition???  From an ESRB-T arcade shooter we should now name:  "whack a' ship...?"   With every ship have Blue or Red camo on a yellow sea.......(do you get the 1960's game reference?)

Look, the game had a chance a few years ago to change direction into the eSports route and make the game serious.  Many of us knew NACE was coming and the Universities were forming organized eSports clubs and hiring FT staff !!   At the Cruiser Line Split, our host chose to go the arcade route to simplify their costs; standardize their game title's battlespace theories and techniques to save maintenance costs; and, to focus on quick cash of gimmicks because our game population started to show signs of limited future growth.......(a mature game indicator...)  So, they went the mature game route; stopped new content creation; went into gimmick paradigm shifts (Update 8.0 and the PR event); decided to 'devalue the economy" and call that a improvement of player options (Oh boy......); and, the era of Clones has begun because that is a cheap way to make money.....  a cheap way to make money does not include eSports quality game play.....and, ranked is.........................???

Ranked is just s PVP COOP with smaller teams.  And, I surely play my two or three games and not go back.......  Why?  The rewards aren't worth the time and the games.................geeze, are simply crap.  

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
10,759 battles

Why is someone always crying about ranked...pfft.  Do you guys lose sleep over this stuff?  I like the change-up from other modes and the smaller teams in ranked.   I also like the additional baubles you can win in ranked -- extra steel is nice. 

• Cool 1

[-A-8-]
[-A-8-]
Members
185 posts
8,695 battles

I'd bother with ranked if they still rewarded you with the pirate flag. They don't anymore so I just grind ships instead.

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
13,105 battles

its just whats generaly wrong with this game and the constant denieing of wargaming ... but in ranked it shows up or any other event how ppl abuse the whole thing in a way it aint fun anymore. what bothers me is not just in ranked also in random are ppl who are constantly afk/plain driving foward and getting killed in 2 minutes ... something like that bothers me because it influences my playtime. and wargaming does jack against it ... even so their support referse at their superb ingame report system (that thing is such a joke)

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

The fact is this. If they made the game to be such that bad players always lost, most people wouldn’t play after a certain period of time. So there is MM RNG and because of MM RNG even players who actively work to be defeated still win a fair amount of the time.

It is the ultimate player retention mechanism and it is what it is and so far as I can tell it will NEVER be substantially changed since, though it is a goose, it continues to lay golden eggs for the developer.

I just consider that the game is a bit like IRL war of that era and sometimes you are the bug rather than the windshield.

Edited by Spirit_of_76

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
13,105 battles

there are no scrubs from wargamings few ... and they dont exclude anyone or anything ... fair enough. nobody said that the "bad" players (again they dont exist) should constantly loosing. its more about a system where the ppl who try to play the game in a certain manner ... should get something out of it.

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
13,105 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

...because Waste of Time with Crappy Rewards was already in use.

this ... +1

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

A person that spends 1907 battles failing at Ranked is more profitable to WG than a good player ranking out in ~200 battles.

There's a good thread by Edgecase on the subject in general, but what matters is how WG will act upon the data they got from the Test Season.

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
13,105 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

kvM7eKM.gif

ranked would mean any sort of time limit / skill / winrate points or whatever system u would use ... this is just a participation and doesnt need any sort of the mentioned points before ... just alot of games cause even with a winrate of 35% and over 1000 games someone managed to get gold rank 1 ... therefore it is not a ranked system ... they just call it ranked  for the smallminded

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

...because Waste of Time with Crappy Rewards was already in use.

So was Like Random, but more Spammy.

Sign in to follow this