Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chados

Dockyard consistently bugged

6 comments in this topic

[SRPH]
Members
179 posts
2,266 battles

I’m experiencing a recurring bug where the dockyard won’t load. It either comes up with no interface or shows the spinning anchor and refuses to load. I have the same issue with the Armory and the news from time to time. Sometimes the dockyard will load, but when I have achieved a reward (I won Tachibana tonight) the collect reward button won’t work and I can’t collect the reward. I can’t collect Tachibana tonight, for example. I’m running an nvidia system core i9 processor and nvidia graphics card of the same generation with latest drivers.

Edited by Chados

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 minutes ago, Chados said:

. I’m running an nvidia system core i9 processor and nvidia graphics card of the same generation with latest drivers.

Loading issues can be signs your CPU is about to give up... Before we come to that conclusion...

1. Make sure your
  • Windows drivers
  • Bios driver
  • CPU drivers
  • GPU drivers

Are up to date and installed properly (by manual install not automatic)

1. Make sure you have enough WATTS on your power input, to sustain the power level of performance of your components.
    • Your system well tend to cut performance if its not getting the required "draw."
  2. Then, check your permissions (firewall) settings in WGC...

Once you done that, now check on your connection... If you need to (even though I would recommend it)

Shutdown (w/o power for 5 min) your

• PC
  • Modem
  • Router

Then do a check and repair...

If by doing this you still have issues... I would do in your position, have a professional check the performance of your

• CPU
  • RAM

You may have other things going on that is behind the scenes (like a virus or malware).

Hope this helped.

[SRPH]
Members
179 posts
2,266 battles

Not really. I don’t have this issue in any other game but I’ve had it consistently with WoWs since forever. It’s only annoying when I have a reward I can’t pick up. And I don’t have any issues at all loading into game or playing a match.

Edited by Chados

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Chados said:

Not really. I don’t have this issue in any other game but I’ve had it consistently with WoWs since forever. It’s only annoying when I have a reward I can’t pick up. And I don’t have any issues at all loading into game or playing a match.

Other games have different requirement... This is WOWS, you may have to lower your graphics settings down a bit (after then troubleshooting of my prev post).. In order to see if that is the cause.

GL

[WHARF]
Members
337 posts
18,866 battles
54 minutes ago, Chados said:

I’m experiencing a recurring bug where the dockyard won’t load. It either comes up with no interface or shows the spinning anchor and refuses to load. I have the same issue with the Armory and the news from time to time. Sometimes the dockyard will load, but when I have achieved a reward (I won Tachibana tonight) the collect reward button won’t work and I can’t collect the reward. I can’t collect Tachibana tonight, for example. I’m running an nvidia system core i9 processor and nvidia graphics card of the same generation with latest drivers.

Hi..so had same issues...reinstalled the game..fresh..all good now

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles

The 'spinning anchor' issue with the dockyard/clan base/armory/news is a long running issue with how the game handles running those features (specifically opening a Chromium browser inside the game and loading the page as a website). Sometimes it will work fine, other times it will just refuse to behave. Going to the respective website (armory.worldofwarships.com, dockyard.worldofwarships.com, etc, or the main WoWS site for news) via an external browser will almost always work unless the site itself is down. Other than that, exiting the game and relaunching will typically resolve that problem in game as well.

Loading without any sort of UI sounds like a hardware issue or some sort of missing/corrupt file in your install. Do a check and repair in the WGC/steam launcher, as well as checking for additional software. If that doesn't work, then I'd start checking your drivers, either to make sure they're up to date if they're not, or to roll back to an older driver if you recently updated and the problem didn't start until after that.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this