You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

“Well done”

24 comments in this topic

[USMC-]
Members
334 posts
8,983 battles

Can we get that F11 hot key removed. The salt/spam of “well done” is lame and I can’t even it turn off by disabling chat.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[ADR]
Members
4,521 posts
17,048 battles

5 years and these devs still can't figure out  how to fully mute a player you don't want to hear from,  to include hot key spam.    Literally the only thing Wargaming devs can do right is make a beautiful looking 3d model ship.

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles

I must be one of those handful of players to use it non-sarcastically. At least, most of the time. 

Shift+F12 otoh...

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,757 posts

I thought right clicking a player when you press tab muted commands as well.

I had a player doing it a few days ago so I muted them in the match.  It stopped.  Maybe it was coincidence?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,519 posts

That will have to be something done soon. The radio commands are not the well done nice kind. Its the opposite.

When you disable chat you prevent most anything else, however do not prevent that route of spam. There has to be a checkbox built in settings where you can disable radio [edited] like well done etc.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
303 posts
8,929 battles
2 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

Can we get that F11 hot key removed. 

I think a standard screwdriver will do it for you....   :Smile_Default:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Muting a player should mute their F-key messages.

Turning off chat should turn off all F-key messages.

This is not hard. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,096 posts
7,080 battles

4 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

Can we get that F11 hot key removed. The salt/spam of “well done” is lame and I can’t even it turn off by disabling chat.

NO!   First off I haven't ever encountered Well Done "spam".   I like to use it and thank you to genuinely let people know when I think they helped me or did a good move. 

Edited by eviltane

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,858 battles

Really wish they would change one of the lame commands to one where you can  click on a friendly ship and warn it about your torpedoes. 

• Cool 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,106 posts
3,002 battles
11 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Muting a player should mute their F-key messages.

Turning off chat should turn off all F-key messages.

This is not hard. 

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you. Which should say how correct this post is.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
8 hours ago, handybilly said:

Really wish they would change one of the lame commands to one where you can  click on a friendly ship and warn it about your torpedoes. 

They've got all these stupid "I'm using X" messages that you can't turn off now.

Maybe they should just add a "I'm firing torpedoes" message that automatically goes off, along with flashing the firing arc on the mini-map a few times.  

[FOXY]
Members
1,466 posts
6,627 battles
14 hours ago, eviltane said:

NO!   First off I haven't ever encountered Well Done "spam".   I like to use it and thank you to genuinely let people know when I think they helped me or did a good move. 

I have. Its annoying as crap. especially when one starts and others join in. if have chat turned off or players muted i shouldnt see any messages from them no matter what kind of message it is.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
875 posts
20 hours ago, WaywardVariable said:

ALT + F4 will turn that off for ya. :Smile_coin:

After Alt + F4, be sure to download more RAM and delete System32 for best performance. Trust me.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
10 hours ago, handybilly said:

That is a simple fix.....NEVER LAUNCH TORPEDOES when a friendly is in front of you or could possibly move in to them.... Your ordinance, you own it, don't send it if their is even a risk it can damage a friendly.

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
22 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

The salt/spam of “well done” is lame

I just report whoever does it for misbehavior in chat. It's a rarity on my end.

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,858 battles
2 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

That is a simple fix.....NEVER LAUNCH TORPEDOES when a friendly is in front of you or could possibly move in to them.... Your ordinance, you own it, don't send it if their is even a risk it can damage a friendly.

Could you have responded with a sillier answer?  Sometimes with torps the unexpected happens and a way to alert a team mate would be good. Chat is OK but in the heat of battle not everyone is following chat. But what you are saying is that if someone makes a mistake it is perfectly OK for their team mates to pay the price. Give me a break.

• Meh 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,818 posts
2,663 battles
20 minutes ago, handybilly said:

Could you have responded with a sillier answer?  Sometimes with torps the unexpected happens and a way to alert a team mate would be good. Chat is OK but in the heat of battle not everyone is following chat. But what you are saying is that if someone makes a mistake it is perfectly OK for their team mates to pay the price. Give me a break.

If they arent paying attention to chat, they arent gonna pay attention to your message either.

If having to earn friendly ships about your torpedoes happens to you often enough to be an issue, maybe you should be rethinking when it is or is not safe to launch torpedos.

[ARGSY]
Members
679 posts
10,858 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

If they arent paying attention to chat, they arent gonna pay attention to your message either.

If having to earn friendly ships about your torpedoes happens to you often enough to be an issue, maybe you should be rethinking when it is or is not safe to launch torpedos.

Thanks coach.

• Meh 1

[HKC]
Members
756 posts
15 hours ago, handybilly said:

If you need a command like that ...

• Boring 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
242 posts
9,900 battles
16 hours ago, handybilly said:

So a "Look out I'm a dummy" callout. Yes please haha! 

• Boring 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
4 hours ago, handybilly said:

Lets play a game, in over 18k DD games I think I have gone pink maybe 20 times by accident (by accident I mean my fault because I did not check before launching)  for a while there were a few players that continued to actually see a launch and turn in to them so another maybe 20 or 30 from them "fyi" i havent seen them in game for some time could be reports work because I did report them via ticket... I have been pink probably 100 times for torping my son or one of his team-members when they get the chance to get on and by son i mean my very grown adult son (Army) and members of his team and that is since Pink when it to effect what 4 years ago.

Unexpected happens only if you are NOT paying attention or do it on purpose with a sprinkling of intentional mixed in. BUT the vast majority is because OPERATOR ERROR... It happens, but if you need a command to alert people of it..... Well to put it politely you might not want to play a ship that has them, because you are apparently doing way to often.

• Meh 1

[HKC]
Members
756 posts
On 2/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, handybilly said:

That is the point: the unexpected should practically never happen.  1. Because torps are a precious commodity launching them should seldom happen without forethought. 2. DD should be forward of friendlies 99% of the time, where the unexpected doesn't figure into it. 3. The eyes should be moving back and forth to the mini-map constantly to inform us among other things of friendly location.   4. When - because we are human - the first three fail-safes fail, and tunnel vision finds a friendly between my torps and the red target, a 'Torps Right" and ding on the mini map does as much as can be hoped for.    Basically when I torp a friendly it is from laziness and inattentiveness. But its been some time.  I mean, twice a  year, maybe? And that includes coop battles.

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
On 2/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, UltimateNewbie said:

I must be one of those handful of players to use it non-sarcastically. At least, most of the time. 

Shift+F12 otoh...

I think the ONLY time I might use it sarcastically is if I get obviously torpedoed by a friendly or if the friendly rams into me on purpose. Which I hate to admit, HAS happened to me. Usually though, I use "Well Done" when someone gets a Dev Strike or a really good kill or something.