You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Chat Ban is out of hand

18 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,904 battles

Listen sometime you deserve to be chant banned and some times its just crap. Here is what I got chat banned for, 15 days mind you.

A player, not me, called another player "gay"

Another player said you shouldn't do that, I replied, "gay means happy correct"

Some more chat followed and Webster's dictionally came up, then I replied  yep I checked Webster's it means happy and joyful.

I mean what the hell, so I put in a ticket to repeal the ban. The person reply that I was in violation of the EULA. However, I never called anyone "gay" just messed around with the person who called someone "gay" . So I put in a follow up requesting and explanation on how what I said was a personal attack or abuse of someone.

The answer "we cant add anything to what was written before" what a load of crap, that's just weak. I used no George Carlin words at all

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[HKC]
Members
765 posts
Just now, vikingno2 said:

Listen sometime you deserve to be chant banned and some times its just crap. Here is what I got chat banned for, 15 days mind you.

A player, not me, called another player "gay"

Another player said you shouldn't do that, I replied, "gay means happy correct"

Some more chat followed and Webster's dictionally came up, then I replied  yep I checked Webster's it means happy and joyful.

I mean what the hell, so I put in a ticket to repeal the ban. The person reply that I was in violation of the EULA. However, I never called anyone "gay" just messed around with the person who called someone "gay" . So I put in a follow up requesting and explanation on how what I said was a personal attack or abuse of someone.

The answer "we cant add anything to what was written before" what a load of crap, that's just weak. I used no George Carlin words at all

But you used the same word he did.  That is how they do it.   Had you just reported him, and not responded he only would receive the band.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,819 posts
12,666 battles

Please put in a support ticket to ask about your chat ban.

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,904 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Please put in a support ticket to ask about your chat ban.

I did I put the response in the first post

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,943 posts
18,391 battles

Sorry to hear about your luck man. However be careful, forum rules forbid open discussion of corrective actions. You might could appeal it. Hope it works out for you.

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,844 posts
10,997 battles

It sounds like the people that review reports are the same ones that write our clear, concise descriptions of events.

• Thanks 1

[HKC]
Members
765 posts
8 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Why would I report him I just said gay meant happy

Once I saw a player with the name "Ni**ger Hater.       I addressed him by his name, to ask about the name.  Then reported the name.    I got banned for a week.

I think they ding you for engaging, and using the offensive word.   Since you are also using it.   I'm not agreeing with it, just explaining.

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,904 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Sorry to hear about your luck man. However be careful, forum rules forbid open discussion of corrective actions. You might could appeal it. Hope it works out for you.

I put in a appeal, but when you ask for an explanation and you get none, except no comment. Then you shouldn't even have an appeal button. It won't help nothing you can do

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,816 posts

Was your chat ban wrong?  Probably.

Could you have avoided it all by simply not involving yourself in the first place?  Yep.

• Thanks 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles

@vikingno2, you are also in violation of forum guidlines, Discussing moderation which also applies to in game moderation. I suggest deleting all of your stuff in this thread.

• Meh 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,366 posts
19,376 battles

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, make the Yuletide [censored].

• Funny 1

Members
386 posts
1,619 battles

First of all, saying something that is uncivil in the chat is wrong and you get banned for that as far as I'm concerned. I believe the in battle chat is meant to communicate to teammates about battle related stuff etc. etc. 

I rarely look at the chat or type (it's just me), but if someone is acting "uncivil" I tend to send a support ticket and forget. 

If you believe you've been mistreated, I'm sure @Hapa_Fodder will set aside some time and discuss things over with you.

Take care, have a blessed day :-)

• Meh 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles

As with most posts like this, I would ask that you please put a ticket in and ask specifically what got your chat banned and why for some long.

That being said, discussing moderation or punitive actions is a forum violation so this topic is now locked.

-Hapa

• Thanks 1