You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_BushyBeard

Ace "Tanker" here? Equivalent?

10 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
727 battles

I made the leap here from (World of) Tanks and am having a lot of fun. I like the similarities and differences between these two WG games.

I was wondering if there is an equivalent here in Warships of the "Ace Tanker" medal that one gets when one plays in the top 1% of players in that tank/ship for the week? When I get the rare really good game, I'd like to know that among others who played that ship, I did very well.

Just remember: if you see me out there on the enemy team, give me your entire broadside to shoot at, so you can laugh while I miss it.

Peace,

BushyBeard

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,819 posts
12,666 battles

There aren't any special markings like the barrel stripes in WOWS. The best you'll see is people with special emblems that indicate their high average damage for a ship type.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

Nothing of the sort, nor a gun marks equivalent, though the introduction of similar mechanics was asked quite a while ago.

Members
431 posts
15,766 battles

Welcome @Mr_BushyBeard!  As the others have said, there is no direct similar "ace tanker" achievements in WoWs; but there are achievements for destroying 5 ships in a battle (Kraken Unleashed), burning ships with fires, flooding damage, not getting burned down, etc.  You can see the achievements (and what you have earned) under your profile tab.  Good luck!

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,829 posts
7,548 battles

Class achievement patch emblems  are probably the closest to it.. but are not available in game unless you are over-the-shouldering someone after you have died or they kill you on the enemy team.  And that's only if that's what they have chosen to  display.    Probably would make a nice addition to game...  this took a number of years to be implemented to WOT, so there is hope.  

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,938 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_BushyBeard said:

I made the leap here from (World of) Tanks and am having a lot of fun. I like the similarities and differences between these two WG games.

I was wondering if there is an equivalent here in Warships of the "Ace Tanker" medal that one gets when one plays in the top 1% of players in that tank/ship for the week? When I get the rare really good game, I'd like to know that among others who played that ship, I did very well.

Just remember: if you see me out there on the enemy team, give me your entire broadside to shoot at, so you can laugh while I miss it.

Peace,

BushyBeard

Once I started on WoWs I never touched WoT again.  I think the primary thing I liked about WoWs over WoT, is I felt useless when down tiered in WoT.  While yes there is a disadvantage at being downtiered in WoWs, it just doesn't feel as "extreme" as WoT.  I would probably still play WoWP too, but, it's basically co-op even in randoms.  Nobody plays.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,679 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_BushyBeard said:

I made the leap and went upstairs and looked at my helmet bag:.........yep, the TT XII patch (A3 & M1) are still there; won Boeslager in 93 & 94 (2 ACMs); and, my regimental Qualified Gunnery patches are still there.........   Ace?  No......there are very few still alive and some have rejected the Desert results because it was soooooooo one sided.  

Ace tanker equivalent in WoWs..............???  WoWs doesn't work that way............nor, could it:   because, ships rarely ever "qualify for Gunnery" and sinking a single ship is rarely a one-on-one event.........  They shoot the guns and either they work or they don't....... 

Good thought though !  And, as an aside, tanks don't work the way WoWs depicts them.........   I did try in a M1 once with the "jump forward, shoot, jump back around the edge of a building once........"  Once, after I spent several hours removing the concrete, bricks and part of the roof of the building because of the main gun over pressure; and, my driver "just happened to run into" that edge of a corner, collapsing the entire corner of the building ........  Ever fire a M68A1 or M256 up close and personal to building or berms or ridges (defilade engagements?)  Ah, they can and are "emotional events" because they are all about driver skills and a whole lot of Murphy........ You "exercise the gun tube on a berm" and you are done for quite a while fixing and cleaning "stuff".......and, buying beer!!!    Ate the top 30 feet of a 90 foot pine tree once (MG over pressure flexed the tree, the top 1/3 snapped and it was coming back when it broke.......ooops!    That fire command:  Driver move out, Gunner take over.........." sigh...........  You have to trust a whole lot.............

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,032 posts
14,084 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Once I started on WoWs I never touched WoT again.  I think the primary thing I liked about WoWs over WoT, is I felt useless when down tiered in WoT.  While yes there is a disadvantage at being downtiered in WoWs, it just doesn't feel as "extreme" as WoT.  I would probably still play WoWP too, but, it's basically co-op even in randoms.  Nobody plays.

Yep; that's one thing I can say that is good about WoWS. While being downtiered in WoWS still sucks, you can still contribute. Lower tier cruisers can still set fires on higher tier battleships, knock out modules, screen for other cruisers and destroyers, etc.

I remember flanking a Maus in a Pershing in WoT once, firing AP into his sides and rear armor and getting non-damaging hits. Made me feel utterly useless.

[REVY]
Members
8,287 posts
6,118 battles
4 hours ago, Mr_BushyBeard said:

Peace,

BushyBeard

You have emblems, but they are optional to display.

U.S.A. Performance Emblems

Name Emblem Requirements
United States Navy III
PCNU009.png
Win 15 battles in which you were among the top 3 BXP earners on your team.
United States Navy II
PCNU010.png
Win 25 battles in which you were among the top 3 BXP earners on your team.
United States Navy I
PCNU011.png
Win 50 battles in which you were among the top 3 BXP earners on your team.
United States Navy Elite Forces
PCNU012.png
Win 100 battles in which you were among the top 3 BXP earners on your team.

Battleship Performance Emblems

Name Emblem Tiers Requirements
Battleship Commander III
PCNU037.png
VIII-X Achieve 64,000 average damage per battle.
Battleship Commander II
PCNU038.png
VIII-X Achieve 72,000 average damage per battle.
Battleship Commander I
PCNU039.png
IX-X Achieve 97,000 average damage per battle.
Battleship Commander. Elite Forces
PCNU040.png
X Achieve 108,000 average damage per battle.
  • Cool 1