You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

"Did You Get a Compliment" game!

36 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles

Alright, kids, it's time for another episode of the exciting game show, "Did You Get a Compliment?"!!! :cap_horn:

Today's contestant is a game in Le Fantasque.  Would 1,400 base XP be considered a good game?  OF COURSE it would!  BUT WAIT...that is not all.  What if our contestant scored 1,400 base XP AHEAD of the second place player on his team?!?  Surely such a hard carry would be worthy of at least ONE compliment!

tmESMXl.jpg

So what do you say, audience?  Did our contestant earn a compliment?

Of course not! :Smile_bajan2:  Correct answer, audience!  Well done!  And what do we have for our winning audience, today?

NOTHING, because in this game show, you get nothing for doing well!  :Smile_trollface:  Thanks for playing "Did You Get a Compliment", and be sure to tune back in tomorrow!

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[TCCN]
Members
78 posts
9,067 battles

To be fair I wouldn't call that stomping of the other team a hard carry

• Cool 6
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[CK5]
Members
1,524 posts
16,305 battles

Sadly, the incident you describe happens all of the time and is part of the illogic that is the Karma system.  

[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,997 battles

That was a great game.  

Karma is one of those things that is not earned. It is received and it is taken based on the whims and biases of others rather than on some knowable standard. 

Most of the karma that I gain and lose has more to do with the attitudes of others rather than my game play.  I am getting to where I don't check it. It is not like we earn more or less depending on the karma received or taken. 

• Cool 2

Members
513 posts
2,988 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

Karma is one of those things that is not earned. It is received and it is taken based on the whims and biases of others rather than on some knowable standard. 

I got a comp yesterday for being a tier 6 DD in a tier 8 2xCV game, despite coming in dead last for obvious reasons. Thanks, random player!

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles

I got one in a battle in which I accidentally put some shells into the superstructure of a friendly ship (he was close, but I thought I had enough arc to get over him; I judged wrong). I'm more than half convinced that the compliment was for saying sorry in chat.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,997 battles
1 minute ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I got a comp yesterday for being a tier 6 DD in a tier 8 2xCV game, despite coming in dead last for obvious reasons. Thanks, random player!

Oh yeah, the story I make up about that is that the CV felt bad about ruining my game and threw me a bone. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts

Once in a blue moon a compliment comes in, I remember one random where I was being attacked on two sides in my Pom. The turrets dealt with the threat to starboard and the approaching BB that was full health closed to less than 6km. I took a moment from firing to loose the port torps which actually killed the incoming BB while the other one was destroyed by turrets. I was given a compliment as there was the game on the line and not sure if we would win or we will be defeated which was looking pretty likely at that moment.

For every good thought there is usually like 10 negatives that flood it out. So situation normal I say. I usually hand some out when People do well but do not make a habit of it and cheapen it.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,817 posts
2,663 battles

I lost karma for this one last night.  Confederate, last ship alive, 1.2 million damage tanked in a cruiser, and got reported because my backpack wasn't big enough.

QRjZ0tP.jpg

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,938 battles
45 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Surely such a hard carry would be worthy of at least ONE compliment!

I mean, this wasn't really a "carry" more so than the other team blew it hard.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
208 posts
20,034 battles
45 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Alright, kids, it's time for another episode of the exciting game show, "Did You Get a Compliment?"!!! :cap_horn:

Today's contestant is a game in Le Fantasque.  Would 1,400 base XP be considered a good game?  OF COURSE it would!  BUT WAIT...that is not all.  What if our contestant scored 1,400 base XP AHEAD of the second place player on his team?!?  Surely such a hard carry would be worthy of at least ONE compliment!

tmESMXl.jpg

Of course not! :Smile_bajan2:  Correct answer, audience!  Well done!  And what do we have for our winning audience, today?

NOTHING, because in this game show, you get nothing for doing well!  :Smile_trollface:  Thanks for playing "Did You Get a Compliment", and be sure to tune back in tomorrow!

That type of game play generally gets me reported by salty players. I would roll with your luck and continue caring about a broken system. 

As long as I don’t get negative Karma, I am perfectly content with zero. 

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles
42 minutes ago, triley70 said:

To be fair I wouldn't call that stomping of the other team a hard carry

Right? Like you were on team windshield and you beat team bug. Oh, and you're in the fastest DD so you got out in front and did the most damage.

And you want a medal? Puhleeeze. Go earn yourself a solo warrior and then come and talk to me! :P

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Personally I don't give out compliments based on the score board, I give them out based on what I see players do in the match. Good teamwork, if any enemy player outplays me, if a player does something extraordinary, if they're well mannered  ( or humorous) in chat, etc.., 

• Cool 1

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
12 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Go earn yourself a solo warrior and then come and talk to me! :P

2020-12-27.thumb.png.46e8e0e29db778039a183f62c51dc845.pngOkay, now what?

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles
2 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

2020-12-27.thumb.png.46e8e0e29db778039a183f62c51dc845.pngOkay, now what?

Does it count at tier 3? :P

[WOLF6]
Members
204 posts
7,239 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

tmESMXl.jpg

here's a compliment,  nice bragging:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
871 posts

its a team game ...usually somebody says something in the in game chat box... like "GG" or "NJ " or "WELL DONE"accept your compliment and tip your hat...   

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I mean, this wasn't really a "carry" more so than the other team blew it hard.

55 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Right? Like you were on team windshield and you beat team bug. Oh, and you're in the fastest DD so you got out in front and did the most damage.

And you want a medal? Puhleeeze. Go earn yourself a solo warrior and then come and talk to me! :P

37 minutes ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

here's a compliment,  nice bragging:Smile_trollface:

Tough crowd. :Smile_sceptic:

Make an attempt at light humor, get roasted for digging for compliments. Ah, well.  As the game goes, so goes the forum.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARMCO]
Members
9 posts
4,091 battles

I try and make sure I use most of my comps before I end for the day, mostly in the hopes ill get one back. People only remember to report not compliment it seems.

[WOLF6]
Members
204 posts
7,239 battles
9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Tough crowd. :Smile_sceptic:

from the looks of it, it was a blowout.  if it was a close game you definitely be complimented.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles

I almost always give out a compliment to any player on my team over 2000 XP and any player who gets a kraken on either team . 

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,738 posts
12,615 battles
1 hour ago, Arctander2 said:

LOL - done.