You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

Notifications

18 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

When I logged in this morning I saw that I had a message next to the "Notifications" icon in the far upper right corner, but I could not open the message.  Did anyone get a similar message and what was it?

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles

I didn't see anything.  The notifications (in the lower right) is also empty.  It could be one of the survey notices, or just an artifact of an old notification.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

I don't worry about them generally. If its containing something important it will be retained in that stack until the next game session anyway.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
21 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

When I logged in this morning I saw that I had a message next to the "Notifications" icon in the far upper right corner, but I could not open the message.  Did anyone get a similar message and what was it?

Do you happen to remember at all what it said? I have heard this has occurred for others, and I am trying to figure out if there is a way I can get someone to catch this so I can write it up.

Are you unable to go back to the "Notifications" tab and see it there?

-Hapa

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
6 minutes ago, hairoids said:

Hapa,

Same issue, I was not able to open & read what it send

Hmmmm.... Could you guys put a ticket in explaining your issue?

I will bring this up.

Overall, our notifications of additions to your port needs some optimization for sure.

I wonder, did it pop up as you were doing other things or right as you logged in?

-Hapa

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

I could not open the message at all, which meant I could not read it.  I will put in a ticket.  

[INTEL]
Members
3,457 posts
19,117 battles

image.thumb.png.108ef19501c004d4eeeb74876001c4a4.png

There was a Game Center update this morning and the notification in the website seemed to be correlated to that but it's just supposition on my part.

@Hapa_Fodder Here's what it looked like in my browser.  Clicking on it did nothing.

Edit: This is what it looked like before clicking on the bell.

image.png.4bfdc8fe03ebf1d410d11175782b5a03.png

Game Center notification:

image.png.de77595baf3070335d18786ce31eb8ce.png

Edited by ThisIsClassic
  • Cool 1

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
2 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

There was a Game Center update this morning and the notification in the website seemed to be correlated to that but it's just supposition on my part.

@Hapa_Fodder Here's what it looked like in my browser.  Clicking on it did nothing.

Wait, I'm confused now, are we talking about the notifications on the portal or the notifications in-game.

By my understanding @PrairiePlayer was talking about in game.

-Hapa

[INTEL]
Members
3,457 posts
19,117 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Wait, I'm confused now, are we talking about the notifications on the portal or the notifications in-game.

By my understanding @PrairiePlayer was talking about in game.

-Hapa

When he said upper right, it triggered my seeing the browser notification.

I had no notification in game for anything.

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
1 minute ago, ThisIsClassic said:

When he said upper right, it triggered my seeing the browser notification.

I had no notification in game for anything.

ah, gotcha, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

-Hapa

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

I received a reply to my ticket and it was the standard boilerplate answer to clear my browser cache and to try a different browser - neither worked.  The notification is persistent as it shows up each time I log into the WoWS website, but I still cannot read it.  

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I received a reply to my ticket and it was the standard boilerplate answer to clear my browser cache and to try a different browser - neither worked.  The notification is persistent as it shows up each time I log into the WoWS website, but I still cannot read it.  

So to be clear, you're talking about the browser, not in game notifications?

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, we seem to be dancing around terms here.  I am not a computer techy.  My idea of a browser is Chrome or Firefox.  What I am referring to is exactly the same as the example posted by @ThisIsClassic.  It is the banner at the extreme top of the page I am currently viewing that includes "Games, Services, Premium Shop, Player Support" on the left and a notifications icon and my player name on the right.  It is that notifications icon which is showing a message that I cannot open.   

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
13 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

@Hapa_Fodder, we seem to be dancing around terms here.  I am not a computer techy.  My idea of a browser is Chrome or Firefox.  What I am referring to is exactly the same as the example posted by @ThisIsClassic.  It is the banner at the extreme top of the page I am currently viewing that includes "Games, Services, Premium Shop, Player Support" on the left and a notifications icon and my player name on the right.  It is that notifications icon which is showing a message that I cannot open.   

That's what I needed, because you have notifications in whatever browser you might use (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc) and there are notifications in game that pop up. I was confused.

Perhaps @foodprinter can help?

-Hapa

[WOLF1]
Members
281 posts
59,023 battles
3 hours ago, ThisIsClassic said:

Game Center notification:

image.png.de77595baf3070335d18786ce31eb8ce.png

For what it's worth, I had the same thing illustrated here. No notification when I got to my port.

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

@Hapa_Fodder Just an undate:  today the notification was still displayed when I logged in, but I could open and read the message.  I don't know why the message was suddenly available (perhaps because I re-started my computer?), but the problem has been solved.