Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rose_Bomb

No Alternative?

6 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
59 posts
5,915 battles

I've been slowly working to get Halsey for a while for about the past half-year, on and off. I know I'm not the best player out there, but for one particular mission I simply have one question.

What. The actual. F^^k?! 

I'm pretty sure I did the math right, and STage 2 of Halsey's campaign is forcing me to complete this. I've been actively going for this for the past week and I can't get it done! Enemies either die so fast there's jack all I can do, or they instantly run away before I can get set up!

unknown.png

[GLF]
Members
51 posts
25,732 battles

You can redo already completed tasks and re earn stars but no rewards.  You should be able to complete the entire campaign without ever completing this particular task.

Some will just repeat easy one star tasks in co op to achieve the outcome.   Some tasks suit co op some random it depends on your play preferences as well. If you enjoy cruisers just repeat the cruiser tasks.

• Cool 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,607 posts

That is a DD mission. Flooding is easily achieved with the Tier one commander skill assigned to 30% increase in torp flooding against enemy ships. The fires is from the HE against other DD's in your own with skills that support along with fire flags added etc. (Those that increase chances of burning your enemy, make sure you bring along the Detonate flag that eliminates all chances of your magazine blowing up)

I completed the Halsey System over two years with earning just the few stars in coop, I think XP accumulated for one and credits for the other. You will find that in due time you accumulate enough to get the final task and finish the Halsey as I did last year. I have mine assigned to the Gearing for now. At some point hes going into a awesome US BB but for the time being there are none.

The previous poster is right, I repeat those tasks until the entire thing is finished. That takes time. I generally do not do missions strictly for Random etc because trying to set 12 fires for example in a game causes me to not play the game in the spirit of victory. I go off and set fires while my team is defeated when the Reds pour through the gap I left while running about setting fires. Sometimes the game is over before you finish certain long grinds within a battle.

So thats why I do those Commander Grouped battles in Coop only, sometimes I play random etc which is good but not the end all be all. Most of those missions are never completed. And you still have the commander in the end, even if it took me 2 years. Ive been playing for five. So I wasted the first three lolz.

Edited by xHeavy

[-ARP-]
Members
59 posts
5,915 battles
Just now, Yad_Anzac said:

You can redo already completed tasks and re earn stars but no rewards.  You should be able to complete the entire campaign without ever completing this particular task.

Some will just repeat easy one star tasks in co op to achieve the outcome.   Some tasks suit co op some random it depends on your play preferences as well. If you enjoy cruisers just repeat the cruiser tasks.

I...was unaware of this mechanic. Thank you for the info.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,607 posts
3 minutes ago, Rose_Bomb said:

I...was unaware of this mechanic. Thank you for the info.

You will find a small note under completed and awarded missions within that group with a line instructing you to be able to play the mission again, just not be awarded the prize again.

Wows is in the habit of leaving tiny print instructions that a percentage of us (Myself included... you should have seen me grinding out the first group even with the impossible conditions...)

[NONE]
Members
3,778 posts
11,406 battles
2 hours ago, Yad_Anzac said:

^^^ This. That's how I got mine.

Pretty much how I do them all. Yamamoto took about a year, but I was in no hurry. Campaigns, missions, RB line regrinds, and new line progress just sort of happen over time. Heck, I get rewards just by accident half the time. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this