Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

A New Evolution In Gaming For All Tiers In WOWS

9 comments in this topic

[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,564 battles

Yes Folks its here

Tired of using your brain and actually thinking 3 steps ahead.

Sick of marshalling your forces for a lighting flanking movement and catching the enemy completely by surprise and thus turning defeat into victory.

Bored with actually planning a well conceived ambush of the enemy and routing them.

Fed up with stealthy movement of your DD's for a brilliant counter attack and blunting the enemy push on your cap. 

Lost interest in actually slugging it out in a Titan V Titan secondary battle to the death and showing skill and tenacity and winning the day.

Getting sore fingers having to push movement buttons and actually leaving the spawn area.

Do you long to return to the exciting days of BORDER HUMPING and BOW CAMPING.

Yes that dying art game play that was almost eradicated but has survived and mutated thanks to a mass migration early last year and bringing this new innovation with them.

Yes its back in its new evolution " BACK LINE BRAWLING "  with a new skill to make it even more exhilarating.

DEADEYE yes  this wondrous new Captain skill makes all the hard work, and energetic game play and feeling of achieving something worthwhile playing this game null and void.

Now no longer will high tier match players have all the fun of just sitting where they spawn in BB's now even low tier match players can achieve greatness with this new dynamic skill.

Don't bother playing DD's or Cruiser's let some other fool do all the hard work of capping or spotting while you sit in your spawn in your BB and unleash from 20 K away once the enemy is seen.

Tier 9 and 10 players rejoice as what was old is new and alive again, and for those up and coming low tier players who cant wait to taste this phenomenon in high tier ships, rush to the Premium shop or Armoury and buy those XP making flags and burn through them at high speed then get yourself the high Tier BB of choice.

9 out of 10 DEADEYE players recommend Kremlin as the choice ship to BOW CAMP for the new generation meta.

So don't hold back grab DEADEYE now and salivate with this new skill.

Einstein said " we only use 10 % of our brain " now with DEADEYE why use any at all. 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 7
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

I do better without the dead eye. The points saved go to more useful skills for BB.

I enjoyed the satire in the op's first post that was very good. Well done. However you will find that DD is just as busy today as they have ever been. Getting into the enemy's half of the map and sinking them wherever they are found with the side effect of removing the dead eye just by being inside their detection circle which isnt difficult. Just fire a few times, get detected for a time and wreck the Deadeye's support for the red team for a time.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,449 posts

I have Deadeye on very, very few of my ships - less than 5; predominately those ships that are supposed to be the longer ranged BBs (as opposed to the ones that immediately support the front line and brawl).

On anything else I don' consider it a good enough skill for 4 points - but then that is my playstyle.

My bigger worry is the amount of people who will take Deadeye - just because! This could turn the game into a bit more of a circus than it already is. I have no problem with a skill that supports a BB that is meant to fire more from a distance - no more than I enjoyed the ship skills that enhanced the closer brawling style (before WG screwed that up).

But when introducing such a skill - why nerf the secondary build one WG? :Smile_facepalm: You are literally encouraging people to say 'oh, secondary nerf - lets go Deadeye instead'. This was a silly move IMO.  

Members
508 posts
2,982 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Sick of marshalling your forces for a lightening flanking movement and catching the enemy completely by surprise and thus turning defeat into victory.

Bored with actually planning a well conceived ambush of the enemy and routing them.

Fed up with stealthy movement of your DD's for a brilliant counter attack and blunting the enemy push on your cap. 

Lost interest in actually slugging it out in a Titan V Titan secondary battle to the death and showing skill and tenacity and winning the day.

No, I do randoms.

• Haha 1

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,453 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I do better without the dead eye. The points saved go to more useful skills for BB.

I enjoyed the satire in the op's first post that was very good. Well done. However you will find that DD is just as busy today as they have ever been. Getting into the enemy's half of the map and sinking them wherever they are found with the side effect of removing the dead eye just by being inside their detection circle which isnt difficult. Just fire a few times, get detected for a time and wreck the Deadeye's support for the red team for a time.

Dead Eye is certainly no slouch if you can still get close and support, so I found it almost useless on any BB that can't get her detection down to 13-14 km at least and your range is short (less than 20km).

This is a high tier skill, that I found useless on mid-tier battleships because it is so easy to get something within your detection. 

51 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I have Deadeye on very, very few of my ships - less than 5; predominately those ships that are supposed to be the longer ranged BBs (as opposed to the ones that immediately support the front line and brawl).

On anything else I don' consider it a good enough skill for 4 points - but then that is my playstyle.

My bigger worry is the amount of people who will take Deadeye - just because! This could turn the game into a bit more of a circus than it already is. I have no problem with a skill that supports a BB that is meant to fire more from a distance - no more than I enjoyed the ship skills that enhanced the closer brawling style (before WG screwed that up).

But when introducing such a skill - why nerf the secondary build one WG? :Smile_facepalm: You are literally encouraging people to say 'oh, secondary nerf - lets go Deadeye instead'. This was a silly move IMO.  

Despite everything, I find Top Grade Gunner would have been useful if camping wasn't the meta right now. Using it on lower tiers is more useful than Dead Eye, at least until tier VI, as there it is so darn easy to get something within your secondaries despite them beign shorter than tier VII+. And you can just boost the range of secondaries, because there are not many useful skills at level 3 for BBs (Adrenaline Rush and Basics of Survivability, so you can discard one of those).

Or you can go full tank and forget about any of the new skills. A full tank build will cost you 21 points, thanks to Superintendent dissapearing from the BB tree and costing 4 points for their more useful consumables (Repair Party and Damage Control Party).

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,631 posts
21,349 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Yes Folks its here

Tired of using your brain and actually thinking 3 steps ahead.

Sick of marshalling your forces for a lightening flanking movement and catching the enemy completely by surprise and thus turning defeat into victory.

Getting sore fingers having to push movement buttons and actually leaving the spawn area.

Do you long to return to the exciting days of BORDER HUMPING and BOW CAMPING.

Yes that dying art game play that was almost eradicated but has survived and mutated thanks to a mass migration early last year and bringing this new innovation with them.

Yes its back in its new evolution " BACK LINE BRAWLING "  with a new skill to make it even more exhilarating.

DEADEYE yes  this wondrous new Captain skill makes all the hard work, and energetic game play and feeling of achieving something worthwhile playing this game null and void.

Now no longer will high tier match players have all the fun of just sitting where they spawn in BB's now even low tier match players can achieve greatness with this new dynamic skill.

Don't bother playing DD's or Cruiser's let some other fool do all the hard work of capping or spotting while you sit in your spawn in your BB and unleash from 20 K away once the enemy is seen.

Tier 9 and 10 players rejoice as what was old is new and alive again, and for those up and coming low tier players who cant wait to taste this phenomenon in high tier ships, rush to the Premium shop or Armoury and buy those XP making flags and burn through them at high speed then get yourself the high Tier BB of choice.

9 out of 10 DEADEYE players recommend Kremlin as the choice ship to BOW CAMP for the new generation meta.

So don't hold back grab DEADEYE now and salivate with this new skill.

Einstein said " we only use 10 % of our brain " now with DEADEYE why use any at all. 

This is why this game never became or will be popular....

[USCC2]
Members
6,449 posts
23 minutes ago, hanesco said:

Despite everything, I find Top Grade Gunner would have been useful if camping wasn't the meta right now. Using it on lower tiers is more useful than Dead Eye, at least until tier VI, as there it is so darn easy to get something within your secondaries despite them beign shorter than tier VII+. And you can just boost the range of secondaries, because there are not many useful skills at level 3 for BBs (Adrenaline Rush and Basics of Survivability, so you can discard one of those).

Or you can go full tank and forget about any of the new skills. A full tank build will cost you 21 points, thanks to Superintendent dissapearing from the BB tree and costing 4 points for their more useful consumables (Repair Party and Damage Control Party).

Point well made (so have quoted your point regarding TGG skill). Something for me to consider further down the tiers, thank you. :cap_like:

My German and the usual Mass/Georgia BBs still have the secondary builds. Some of my French BBs are a bit of a hybrid with extended secondary range, but because of the nerf to IFHE, they are no longer viable full secondary builds for me; others are just normal builds (not secondary or long range focussed). Atm my Thunderer, Conqueror and soon my Yammy will be the only ships (for me) that warrant the 4 points for Deadeye.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
28 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

This is why this game never became or will be popular....

Perhaps WoWS/WG gets very confused when trying to understand why players want to play a game differently than the game WoWS/WG has built? They seem to miss the target every single shot; their RNG is wacko for them. 

I'd be willing to bet if they played the game as much as the players, that is, after work they played an hour or two at least every other day, they just might start to understand player positioning. 

I wonder too... just how many staffers are actually true gamers? 

I also wonder - do they really want to grow, grow and grow... or are they deliberately keeping the game in a small pond? You know the thinking: big fish, small pond. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

They already make maps really small. In ranked you were onto your secondaries before you were halfway to the objectives in some cases.

There is no point in having BB's that can land rounds into a barrel at 30 miles if the maps are not even 20 miles across.

Sign in to follow this