Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

gold/silver ranked rewards

8 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles

Iam thinking of staying in silver for the next set of ranked games.

But iam confused about the rank reward difference between gold and silver, besides the doubloons that the gold league gives you and silver league doesnt, what other thing is different? 

i heard you get more steel from silver if you qualify, but you get more steel from gold if you get 20 wins in a row? 

i dont get it...

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,801 posts
12,586 battles

You get more overall rewards in Gold if you rank out, but if you can't, then ranking out in Silver is relatively more profitable and less stress-inducing.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

You get more overall rewards in Gold if you rank out, but if you can't, then ranking out in Silver is relatively more profitable and less stress-inducing.

By rank out in gold you mean reaching rank 1 in gold? 

Doesn't that need something crazy like 20 wins in a row? 

[BUOY]
Members
1,212 posts
16,240 battles

Bronze requires 5 unprotected stars to rank out and grants 400 steel / 200 dubs / 1k coal / 5x Bronze camos (8 absolute wins gets you 300 steel and the camos)

Silver requires 9 unprotected stars and has 500 steel / 300 dubs / 3k coal / 3 Bronze / 3 Silver camos (11 absolute wins gets you 400 steel, 100 dubs and the camos

Gold requires 18 unprotected stars and has 600 steel / 400 dubs / 5k coal / 3xB / 3xS / 8x Gold and the Ranked token (18 absolute wins gets you 400 steel, all 400 dubs and the camos)

So if you don't rank out in Gold it still might be worth to rank out of Silver since with 'just' 18 wins you trade 100 steel for 100 dubs and get 8x of the best 1x use camos in the game if you care about that.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
2 hours ago, reza577 said:

Iam thinking of staying in silver for the next set of ranked games.

But iam confused about the rank reward difference between gold and silver, besides the doubloons that the gold league gives you and silver league doesnt, what other thing is different? 

i heard you get more steel from silver if you qualify, but you get more steel from gold if you get 20 wins in a row? 

i dont get it...

Don’t forget to factor in time. If you are spending all your play time in ranked to earn 200 more dubs/steel, are you also earning for the dockyard/china event (remember those require play in all ship types)? If not then you are missing out on a lot of other rewards in exchange for those 200 dubs. Personally it was not worth it to advance out of bronze since i could rank out in 2 nights, leaving the rest of the week for the other missions. Especially of interest was the lack of aggravation being stuck with players who failed up but don’t understand simple mechanics of the game, ie you need 2 caps to win etc...

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

Ranking out in gold is something that requires roughly 25 to 30 straight wins from rank 10 to rank 1. Thats something that does not happen too often. Im currently at 7 and any losses back to 8, 9 or 10. Ive had the 18 victories for the dubs, steel and camo. So thats done.

Silver is the better situation to be in, Gold you get salt when you deviate from what is expected behavior in game. Its too Soviet for lack of a better word with some players who do not know how to play the game correctly. When we do this again in the next season, Bronze or Silver at most will be where I am to be found. Gold is not worth it. You get a little bit less steel etc however the experience is way better among better players that balances out the fails who eventually get into Gold.

[BUOY]
Members
1,212 posts
16,240 battles

I stayed in Silver and was quite satisfied with the experience since people seemed to be actually trying to win most of the time as opposed to being put on team after team of YOLO DD + sav-a-star heroes.

OTOH, some of my clanmates who ranked up to Gold reported it was exactly like old R5-1... except you had to grind it each week.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,776 battles
6 hours ago, Compassghost said:

This for me. Aside from potential toxicity I figure I likely don’t have the time to rank out in gold and play other ships and modes I like or want to. This proves to be true for me as 4 of the 5 times I ranked out in silver i did so on the last day of that session

Sign in to follow this