You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toasticuss

What premium ships have with high survive ability and high fire rates?

13 comments in this topic

[AVT7]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
565 battles

I thought the Atlanta would be fun to play but I get constantly destroyed in battles from BBs, being good with an Atlanta often comes from luck..

The Giulio Cesare is a fun tier 5 BB with a decent fire rate.

What other premium ships are your favorite that you think are worth picking up?

[O_O]
Members
6,964 posts
16,940 battles
  • Scharnhorst
  • Friesland
  • T-61
  • Mainz
  • Tirpitz (it may not have a high ROF, but I do still enjoy her)
  • Massachusetts (same caveat as Tirpitz)

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:
  • Scharnhorst
  • Friesland
  • T-61
  • Mainz
  • Tirpitz (it may not have a high ROF, but I do still enjoy her)
  • Massachusetts (same caveat as Tirpitz)

I got Mainz out of a crate a while ago, didn't really look much into it when it came out and I just sort of ignored it other than knocking the flake off in coop.  Played it for first time in CB tonight and turns out that I really like it.  Good ship.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,432 posts
20,566 battles
3 hours ago, Toasticuss said:

being good with an Atlanta often comes from luck..

Comes from careful positioning. that said, Atlanta is no longer what it was and not worth playing. 

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

What premium ships have with high survive ability and high fire rates?

any premium CV

rarely attacked let alone sunk, ability to attack anywhere, anyone at anytime

• Meh 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,469 posts

The Mainz is my go to fire ship. If I need 200 fire ribbions in a game. Presto Mainz time. 10 minutes later it's done. Burn everything. (And torp the rest)

Atlanta is my second choice only in Coop or Operations. She has to be played in a certain way. Very sensitive to damage and being sunk. Its a shame though. A outrageous concept that actually works in this game but just easily sunk.

Can you imagine a situation where say a Hull with 60,000 health points and known good resistance to being deleted and then stacked three deep with oh... 40 twin mounts all over the ship? When she fires everyone else will essentially lag out of the server. WIN!

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles
8 hours ago, Toasticuss said:

What other premium ships are your favorite that you think are worth picking up?

The short answer is: it depends on what you are after.  I wouldnt have thought that the Cesare would have a 'high fire rate' given its a battleship. But anyway, you might be interested in my Premium Ship Guide that will help you select the premium ship(s) that are right for you, and make some suggestions as to good premium ships.  Hope that helps! :)

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,291 battles

You didn't mention a ship type or tier, though you gave Atlanta as an example. So I know you like American cruisers.

At tier 7 there is the American CL Boise. Though she has a fairly short range, and does need to use cover for best survival, she also has access to a quite effective repair party. No radar however.

At tier 10 there is the American CA Salem. Shes essentially a Des Moines with a slightly higher rate of fire, a damn good repair party,  and a slightly shorter range. (Not sure how the captains skill rework has effected this ship, as I haven't taken mine out since).

I am not including Atlanta, since you already know that ship, or any of the lower tier ones. (Though Marblehead is surprisingly fun to play) 

My go to premium ships when I need to start fires for a mission has been Smolensk (not currently available I don't believe), Atlanta B, and Boise.

I'm not certain when you mentioned fire rate if you were referring to the actual rate of fire of the guns or the rate at which the ship will start fires. That said, Boise and Salem are both decent ships in both categories. 

You may get better suggestions by narrowing down what you are looking for. (Type, tier range, planning on random/co-op/ranked/scenario/or combo of those, etc)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
25,138 battles
50 minutes ago, dechion said:

I am not including Atlanta, since you already know that ship, or any of the lower tier ones. (Though Marblehead is surprisingly fun to play) 

The Marblehead and all the premium Omaha ships are super fun to play in co-op. They are nimble, quick firing, and are armed with torpedos so they do really well in the mode as long as you avoid incoming fire. They can do ok in PvP in the hands of a really skilled player as long as they are not facing too many BBs or tier 7 ships. 

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,291 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The Marblehead and all the premium Omaha ships are super fun to play in co-op. They are nimble, quick firing, and are armed with torpedos so they do really well in the mode as long as you avoid incoming fire. They can do ok in PvP in the hands of a really skilled player as long as they are not facing too many BBs or tier 7 ships. 

Agreed. My personal favorite of those Omaha class ships is Murmansk, but I have both in my port and take them out when I want to blow off some tier 5 steam.

[BB_B]
Members
87 posts
1,014 battles

My #1 premium is the Tirpitz followed closely by the Mass, 3rd would be the Prinz Eugen.  Probably 1/3 of all my games have been in those 3 ships

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

I don't have all that many premiums but the ones I like are:

• Mainz : German CL
  • Scharnhorst : German BB
  • Alaska : American CA
  • Munchen : German CL