Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Bot CV sometimes get a good captain?

10 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles

Just got out of a game in the Black. Spawned off to one side all by my lonesome. Lex rocket planes of course found me. I turned in as they approached and still got hit by a rocket. I was surprised as normally you don't have to do anything to dodge those rockets but have to maneuver to avoid damage from red ships using the spotting. Headed back toward the CAP hoping to run down the CV as there were no red bots on my side...except for that Khab that came around an island behind me!! Managed finally torp him. Headed back to find the CV who had been attacking elsewhere. 

Dive bombers came my way. I did the turn away and still got hit by a couple of bombs. Killed off that flight before they could attack again. Next wave of DB managed to hit me again inspite of extreme attempts to dodge. I was down to a couple hundred HP but sank the CV with guns (had some help) before he could hit me again.

Normally bot CV attacks are almost a joke. This CV captained by :Hipper ranked third on his team (CVs usually show up at the bottom). Are some captains better than others or is it random?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles
7 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just got out of a game in the Black. Spawned off to one side all by my lonesome. Lex rocket planes of course found me. I turned in as they approached and still got hit by a rocket. I was surprised as normally you don't have to do anything to dodge those rockets but have to maneuver to avoid damage from red ships using the spotting. Headed back toward the CAP hoping to run down the CV as there were no red bots on my side...except for that Khab that came around an island behind me!! Managed finally torp him. Headed back to find the CV who had been attacking elsewhere. 

Dive bombers came my way. I did the turn away and still got hit by a couple of bombs. Killed off that flight before they could attack again. Next wave of DB managed to hit me again inspite of extreme attempts to dodge. I was down to a couple hundred HP but sank the CV with guns (had some help) before he could hit me again.

Normally bot CV attacks are almost a joke. This CV captained by :Hipper ranked third on his team (CVs usually show up at the bottom). Are some captains better than others or is it random?

The CV AI has definitely improved.  I've been hit several times with dive bombers (previously was immune to them.)  I can still avoid torp bombers, and only an occasional hit with rockets, but you need to maneuver to avoid them.  This is markedly different than previous patches.  Similarly, in playing CVs red ships actually maneuver to avoid aircraft attacks.  You can still land hits but you need to actually plan your strikes.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles

Since the recent patch I've experienced what you describe as well @Sabot_100, I've  also noticed Bot CV's torpedo bombers more frequently dropping on the far side of a target. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles

Wondering if keeping your AA off would have any effect on a bot CV. For a human (can you call CV players human?:Smile_trollface:) there is supposedly too little time to line up a shot with the AA off but the bot knows exactly where you are and your course and speed  at all times. Just can't start an actual attack until you are "seen".

[CVA16]
Members
6,172 posts
19,039 battles
24 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bot CV AI is still to me utterly terrible and a non-threat.

It was. The greatest threat was always the guided shells fired at you while the CV had you spotted. BUT I have had several games today where the bot planes were hitting with regularity even when I was taking evasive actions. It could have been happening in other games. I just wasn't the target. First time it happened I just though the bot got lucky.

As I mentioned in the original post, the red bot CV actually placed third on the team score. That alone is highly unusual. I'm thinking the programming has been tweaked. At least so that the range of bot CV abilities now goes from laughable to pretty damn good instead of topping out at poor. Still not as good as a skilled human but you ignore them at your peril. You apparently are just seeing the laughable/poor bot CVs.

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles

Well, to be honest, some matches you get a CV AI that is terrible, then you get one that is flying deadly accurate.

I have a lingering suspicion WG is letting the AI emulate players.

And if certain players are bad, they emulate them.

But what if...

What if a certain player was in coop sailing their Kaga about and flying stunt drops that defy all manner of physics. And they do crazy cut in turns, double drops, long drops, sneaky drops, DD HE bomb drops, Rocket hits that strike like a dragons breath, etc? 

Well, that could be a problem. That dude is teaching them!

WE need to find this dude and quick before the bots learn this CV thing too fast or the co-op games will be hell for DD players and Woosters. 

We need to stop him from teaching bots the dark arts of CV. It's witchcraft I tell you!

That Sith guy is probably laughing right about now. Because sometimes Randoms drops bot CVs. Total Brown Alert!

When bot AI learns that fast the CV mechanics, we are all going to be in trouble. Rise of the machines kind, or fleeing our planet kind.

I am already going to start adding AA builds to my BBs and make my DDs stealthy just in case.

Forget cruisers, I will just leave them in port. They don't have a chance. I can just see Russian Cruisers getting Goalkeepers.

If bot CVs start going full Terminator, all those cruisers are screwed. 

We must search for this guy fast!

Look around!

He probably sails a lot of CVs in co-op!

He can't be that hard to find!

He must be told to stop!

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
707 posts
5,986 battles

I've neglected my TT DD's for sometime now so yesterday I put on my warface and played through them. A fair amount of the matches, though not all, seemed to have much more dangerous red CV pilots than usual. Both rockets and DB's were striking home and that almost never happened before. Dunno about TB's as they never made a run on me. I mentioned it in chat and several folks said they noticed it too. 

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts

Played Asashio the cv spotted me like no tomorrow got concealment on Capt and module, first time he hit me with rocket strike quarter of my health gone.. I was like wow nice wrk wargaming fixing botcv. Even bombs on bbs has hits too. I welcome it in Coop congrats to the devs.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
On 2/1/2021 at 3:35 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

He can't be that hard to find!

image.png.f960dbe2f0f19c396570203269591f3c.png

Some guy with a dog's head. Hmm, who can it be? :cap_haloween:

Nothing I like more than dogfighting the planes in my Sims when I have an aircraft kill mission; that little bugger can turn on a dime and keep the planes on the AA-engaged side for the full duration of the sector boost. If they want to come at me hard and make a proper fight of it, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Sign in to follow this