You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Astto

For players playing ranked.

8 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
5,334 battles

I know it's hard for you noobs to wrap your head around this but DD's are scouts, they aren't Gun boats for noobs who think they're Rambo in ranked. You sitting there shooting at one ship for 10 minutes does nothing for the team and significantly increases the likely hood you will be killed. I rarely even see a DD drop smoke down to support other ships taking damage.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[FLTF1]
Members
282 posts
7,841 battles

There is a problem with this: those who you are complaining about don't even know this forum exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,096 posts
13,161 battles
1 hour ago, Astto said:

I know it's hard for you noobs to wrap your head around this but DD's are scouts, they aren't Gun boats for noobs who think they're Rambo in ranked. You sitting there shooting at one ship for 10 minutes does nothing for the team and significantly increases the likely hood you will be killed. I rarely even see a DD drop smoke down to support other ships taking damage.

You seem to be laboring under the expectation of other people being required to cater to your whims and desires.

image_2021-01-31_203627.thumb.png.15615d8b4c04e7b125ddd2870c3ccb9a.png

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

Ranked is finished in a few hours. Probably 4 or 5 am CST.

As far as the problems in ranked by DD's any time a DD opens fire, it's going to be detected and then focused by the entire Red Team in range. It will not survive very long. So being a DD and deciding to shoot etc depends on the situation locally. I usually do not shoot and stay covert. However if I met a dd with 3000 hull I can kill it and get out before the rest of the team finds me and focuses me. The other situation is losing track of three or four radar ships and getting caught. Then focused as I try to get out of the coverage before I get killed. Sometimes the damage is so great that Im out of the game and choose to hide rather than hand a red a first blood kill etc.

Any time someone makes a mistake in ranked like shooting a ship 10 miles away with a DD for a few minutes and is allowed to do so.. well that makes most of the red team pretty stupid. Usually DD's that get detected get sunk first before anything else. The sooner the better.

The rest of it will just have to bumble along for better or worse.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts
22,867 battles

Last 3 times in ranked....

Des Moines you want smoke?.... repeated 3 times.... no response. 

BB being burned down... I smoke him up...23 seconds later he shoots... 8 seconds later, he is dead....

Going to cap with a minnow pushing behind me... minnow you want smoke?   Please I'm radar...

Depends on your team mates...

Please note my signature,  DD main switching to BB now.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, Astto said:

My Akizuki would disagree.

And there is nothing quite like shooting at a target at near-maximum range while kiting away so there are several salvos in the air when I sail out of detection distance.