You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Deadeye?

29 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts
11 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Yup ....seeing more n more of this.

The same people that were complaining CV were hiding in the back.

Here come dead eye and now it "need intell"

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,590 posts
18,537 battles

This is why I've been playing more lower tier matches since the rework. People are still pushing into caps and having fun down there. Higher tier fights were getting even slower and more static based, if that was even possible. Battleships hiding behind islands for the entire match just isn't my thing but to each their own. 

SpongeBob SquarePants hiding from Squidward [HD Template] - Meme example in  comments - (request made by connorf023) : MemeTemplatesOfficial

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

Biggest problem I have with deadeye are all the brainless dingbats in whom it inspires either pants-wetting terror or a refusal to understand what it does and does not do, or recognise when its use is inappropriate. 

It's given lazy, cowardly people a formal excuse to be even more lazy and cowardly than they already were. I guess I should thank WG for helping to take the mask off and showing who on my team I can't rely on.

• Cool 2

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,938 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Biggest problem I have with deadeye are all the brainless dingbats in whom it inspires either pants-wetting terror or a refusal to understand what it does and does not do, or recognise when its use is inappropriate. 

It's given lazy, cowardly people a formal excuse to be even more lazy and cowardly than they already were. I guess I should thank WG for helping to take the mask off and showing who on my team I can't rely on.

As long as you use concealment expert, you can pretty much "play normally" and get plenty of use out of it.  No ships (other than other BB's) want to actually be visible and exposed within the detection radius of a BB.  Too many people playing BBs and just kiting their butt off constantly.

• Thanks 1

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
126 posts
15,453 battles

I feel that it is more than just Deadeye. The reduction in the ability to absorb damage and the nerfing of secondaries has given a bb little incentive to close the distance. Of course Deadeye is the icing on the cake. Just my thoughts.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,725 posts
26,146 battles

I think that when we talk about dead eye, we have to start from the begining. As a generalization, BBs have always had a large number of players that sit in the back and refuse to engage. All Dead Eye did was throw a cherry on top for them. 

The problem isnt just in an accuracy bases skill with no trade off, but also in a failure to incentivize damage tanking on the class that should do it most. 

WG could help by awarding experience for tanking and maybe an achievement and flags. Something should be done to the skill but something also needs to inspire the portion of the playerbase that's always played like this.

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

The same people that were complaining CV were hiding in the back.

Here come dead eye and now it "need intell"

I've got a couple of responses to people who use in-game chat to say "I need intelligence data!"
1.  :etc_swear:
2.  Lead by example.

Often the mini-map provides the information, via team-mates who are spotting.  People just need to learn to read & interpret the information.
Extrapolation of a CV's position, for example, can be done by observing where the planes are returning towards.

There are some people who've developed the art/skill of successfully using main-battery guns against targets which are fully obscured by smoke-screens.
Others develop their ability to anticipate incoming torpedo attacks, and maneuver accordingly to dodge or take cover behind an island at the proper time.

And yes, sometimes a players life may depend upon a mere scrap of information.*
I encourage people not to be afraid to go get that information themselves.

Spoiler

Memorable Quotes by "The Man With No Name" from "A Fistful of Dollars"

(Quoting Don Miguel Rojo) A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information.
https://theiapolis.com/movie-1S9D/a-fistful-of-dollars/quotes/the-man-with-no-name.html

Tagged for @clammboy as an appreciation of the Clint Eastwood images he uses in his profile.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
909 posts
14,418 battles

Deadeye dumb dumbs. Sitting up the back, losing control of all caps and crying for intelligence data. Fun to watch!

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,217 battles

@Wolfswetpaws He has so many great quotes from so many movies he has been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember . One of the last of the old Hollywood guard . Just a underrated actor , director . musician and writer he does it all . Still making movies at 91 one of the only people along with Muhammad Ali who I would actually be in awe off if I meet 

One of my favorite quotes is 

“Whos the the fella that owns this sh*thole" ?  The unforgiven  

Gene Hackman “Well sir you a cowardly son of a [edited] ! you just shoot an unarmed man”

Clint “Well , he should have armed himself if he’s gonna decorate his salon with my friend” The Unforgiven 

Edited by clammboy
  • Thanks 1

Members
514 posts
2,990 battles
9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've got a couple of responses to people who use in-game chat to say "I need intelligence data!"
1.  :etc_swear:
2.  Lead by example.

There are lots of cases where there's a genuine need for spotting. I've lost track of how many games I've been in where ALL of the DDs and planes go to one flank.

• Haha 1

Members
44 posts
19,570 battles
13 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The person at Wargaming who came up with the idea of resetting our tech trees has got to be the same clown who came up with Dead Eye.  Now the BB players sit even farther back sniping at the enemy BBs across the map, which is just useless for your team.  Just don't know what Wargaming is thinking.

• Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,523 posts

I smile at the deadeyes sitting in the far back crying for intel (In other words reveal a enemy ship to shoot at finally... after a 5 minute wait for something to sail close enough to be detected. They must be pretty brain dead to be that medicore.

Some of the blame must rest on Wows for creating that situation and then reinforcing it when removal of effective secondaries and other problems with update 10.0

Ive tried dead eye msyelf but find it to... just not be influential in the fight. Better to be a DD and forward hunting BB's where they will be found. I usually torp them faster than the BB's 40 miles to the rear has finished setting up the shoot and fired enough to do some damage.

Members
44 posts
19,570 battles
14 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

This is why I've been playing more lower tier matches since the rework. People are still pushing into caps and having fun down there. Higher tier fights were getting even slower and more static based, if that was even possible. Battleships hiding behind islands for the entire match just isn't my thing but to each their own. 

SpongeBob SquarePants hiding from Squidward [HD Template] - Meme example in  comments - (request made by connorf023) : MemeTemplatesOfficial

Tried that too, just to get in a good game, but you get gang banged with double CVs in lower tiers.  Just played a tier 6 match, 35 CVs were in queue???  I really think WG is trying to get rid of its veteran player base.

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
16 hours ago, clammboy said:

@Wolfswetpaws He has so many great quotes from so many movies he has been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember . One of the last of the old Hollywood guard . Just a underrated actor , director . musician and writer he does it all . Still making movies at 91 one of the only people along with Muhammad Ali who I would actually be in awe off if I meet 

One of my favorite quotes is 

“Whos the the fella that owns this sh*thole" ?  The unforgiven  

Gene Hackman “Well sir you a cowardly son of a [edited] ! you just shoot an unarmed man”

Clint “Well , he should have armed himself if he’s gonna decorate his salon with my friend” The Unforgiven 

:cap_like:  I see you've added another Clint Eastwood image to your profile.  This time it is an gif or other form of animation?  

Members
44 posts
19,570 battles
23 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

Looks like I need to dust off the Asashio

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Members
5,653 posts
10,989 battles

Interestingly enough - my games are punctuated with everyone stopping at the border of the cap and then just looking on as the other team takes the caps.

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

Just to clarify, according to the description deadeye works as long as there are no spotted enemy inside your detection range. I've had people tell me that if a destroyer pushes to within that range they'll negate deadeye, but it looks like it only counts if they are spotted, in which case the battleships are going focus fire them to get unspotted again? Or is Deadeye more nuanced than that?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,217 battles
7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

:cap_like:  I see you've added another Clint Eastwood image to your profile.  This time it is an gif or other form of animation?  

Yes a gif from Josey Wales . I like trying to find new cool gifs every 6 weeks or so keep it interesting . 

Edited by clammboy

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
7 hours ago, clammboy said:

Yes a gif from Josey Wales . I like trying to find new cool gifs every 6 weeks or so keep it interesting . 

:cap_like:

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,938 battles
13 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

Just to clarify, according to the description deadeye works as long as there are no spotted enemy inside your detection range. I've had people tell me that if a destroyer pushes to within that range they'll negate deadeye, but it looks like it only counts if they are spotted, in which case the battleships are going focus fire them to get unspotted again? Or is Deadeye more nuanced than that?

Yes it only matters if ships are actually visible in their detection range.  Which is why it is still effective even if you push up.  Most non-BB's don't want to be frigging visible within a BB's detection bubble and I wish people would realize this and play accordingly...

Edited by Taco_De_Moist