Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hallo_Dirk

Account Location

14 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
6 posts
8,510 battles

Hey, 

excuse my bad English, but as not native english speaker, I might write something wrong, So when you find a typo feel free to keep it :-)

To topic:

I know it is not usual to transfer accounts between Locations, anyhow I don't give up as sometimes I felt punished by WG, because of a decision I made 5 years ago without any knowing of.

Don't ask me why, I downloaded the installer for NA  and was happy to play. Sometimes I did wonder why there are less player of my Country, but as I didn't play frequently I didn't care.

It took a few years to realize that NA is not only a download mirror (and trust me there are more players which did the same mistake), but I still didn't care.

But now after 5000 fights, WG punish me for this choice, as Clan Brawls are nearly impossible for me because of the time difference. Then I have a wistful feeling to play on EU.

I know that account moving is technical possible but it won't be done as it keeps someone busy for no benefit, I fully understand this.

But when I pay for it?  Could it be sometimes possible to pay for a Location movement?

Thanks in advance.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

short form...

will there be a possibility to move between NA servers and one of the other regions?  I think the answer is no... but i could be wrong.  WG could make some money if they offered the ability, but i bet they won't ...

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

The current client allows to change from one server region to the other with ease...

So I am a bit confused with what the OP is trying to achieve ???

Is he trying to stay in one region or use both accounts ?

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,369 posts
17,012 battles

OP had account on NA, due to time zone different, he cant do brawl - so he said that WG punish him for choose NA server 5 yrs ago and wanted to do Clan battle

Now he is unhappy, he want to MOVE his NA to EU server.

31 minutes ago, Hallo_Dirk said:

Could it be sometimes possible to pay for a Location movement?

At the moment, WG do not have this option available. But before they did have/allow player to move their account from server to server. The only thing is that you have to continue to check with WG. Or create a totally new account on EU server.

regards,

• Cool 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,858 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The current client allows to change from one server region to the other with ease...

So I am a bit confused with what the OP is trying to achieve ???

Is he trying to stay in one region or use both accounts ?

he wants to move his game account/record from US servers to EU servers. Today you can play with him and EU people can not play with him. IF he succeeds, you will not be able to play with him, but EU people will. There are multiple "realms", servers, people from one can not play with another. NA, EU, Asia and CIS (ex-URSS). are the ones I know. Our accounts are on the NA server.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,858 battles
3 hours ago, Hallo_Dirk said:

Hey, 

excuse my bad English, but as not native english speaker, I might write something wrong, So when you find a typo feel free to keep it :-)

To topic:

I know it is not usual to transfer accounts between Locations, anyhow I don't give up as sometimes I felt punished by WG, because of a decision I made 5 years ago without any knowing of.

Don't ask me why, I downloaded the installer for NA  and was happy to play. Sometimes I did wonder why there are less player of my Country, but as I didn't play frequently I didn't care.

It took a few years to realize that NA is not only a download mirror (and trust me there are more players which did the same mistake), but I still didn't care.

But now after 5000 fights, WG punish me for this choice, as Clan Brawls are nearly impossible for me because of the time difference. Then I have a wistful feeling to play on EU.

I know that account moving is technical possible but it won't be done as it keeps someone busy for no benefit, I fully understand this.

But when I pay for it?  Could it be sometimes possible to pay for a Location movement?

Thanks in advance.

Open a support ticket, they will tell you how to do it, or tell that they can not do it.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

Usually computers pick up a region that they are part of either from dvd's loaded into the drive or from the internet wherever they happen to be in the world. Changing to another region or country is not something easily done or explained here. For the most part its something thats set in stone when a new computer is built, booted and then connected to the internet. It will determine what region to use soon enough.

Regarding the Wows game, you can pick what server you want. However I think the clan server schedule is predetermined by where you are playing from.

[SHRKE]
Members
69 posts
1,632 battles

WG need to get caught up with modern gaming and allow cross server play.  As I said in the WoT forum it's one advantage, with premium being across all 3 game modes, that one of their competitors has. 

[1984]
Members
6 posts
8,510 battles
14 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

OP had account on NA, due to time zone different, he cant do brawl - so he said that WG punish him for choose NA server 5 yrs ago and wanted to do Clan battle

Now he is unhappy, he want to MOVE his NA to EU server.

At the moment, WG do not have this option available. But before they did have/allow player to move their account from server to server. The only thing is that you have to continue to check with WG. Or create a totally new account on EU server.

regards,

Yep, this statement a one part of it :-)  As I know there are more players like m.

Of corse a new account is always a alternative, but consider I put real money into my account. I'm not rich to waste the same amount of money for the same things I already spend.

I think everyone would have understanding for this.

12 hours ago, crazyrom said:

Open a support ticket, they will tell you how to do it, or tell that they can not do it.

I already did this, more then once. Despite I already to announce to pay for a move, support did not forward this, they close the ticket immediately as they are not responsible for discussing such a request.

10 hours ago, Saydzhi said:

WG need to get caught up with modern gaming and allow cross server play.  As I said in the WoT forum it's one advantage, with premium being across all 3 game modes, that one of their competitors has. 

Fully acknowledge, that would be one of the most achievements that game could have!

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,858 battles
17 minutes ago, Hallo_Dirk said:

I already did this, more then once. Despite I already to announce to pay for a move, support did not forward this, they close the ticket immediately as they are not responsible for discussing such a request.

Like close ticket without ANY answer? just plain close?

[TCCN]
Members
78 posts
9,075 battles

I remember this being asked on the EU community stream, the answer they gave is they offered it before; the amount of work it took versus the number of people that took the option was not worth it for WG.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
17 hours ago, Hallo_Dirk said:

Hey, 

To topic:

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

Moving accounts from server to server is, yes possible, but VERY tedious as it is done manually. At this time we are not offering server transfers but this could occur in the future possibly.

@foodprinter

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
13 hours ago, Saydzhi said:

[edited] influence is so strong on wowp reddits, say you're bored and they'll be all over you to switch games.

[1984]
Members
6 posts
8,510 battles
On 2/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Moving accounts from server to server is, yes possible, but VERY tedious as it is done manually. At this time we are not offering server transfers but this could occur in the future possibly. 

@foodprinter

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thx for this clarification!
Hopefully "occur in the future possibly" did have the same meaning as "sometimes there will be world peace" :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this