You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,176 posts
6,050 battles

Hello!  I am curious what people think of the Journey to the West vessels. 

They are the following:

-The Tier IX battleship Wujing

-The Tier VIII aircraft carrier Sanzang

-The Tier IX battleship Bajie

-The Tier VIII cruiser Wukong

What are they based on?  Are they worth playing (price is not a factor to me)?

Thanks!

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
4,395 battles

Alsace, Saipan, Izumo and Charles Martel, respectively. All are functional clones besides Wukong, which trades French flavor in consumables for Pan-Asian.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles

I can't speak for the others, but from a Flamu (?) video last year on the Bajie, he stated that it was not a 100% clone of the Izumo.  There were some minor differences, such as more accurate guns (IIRC).

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
14 posts
3,016 battles

Wujing is a functional clone of Alsace. Sanzang is a functional clone of Saipan. Bajie is a slightly different Izumo. Wukong is a wildly different Charles Martel. Little White Mouse goes over the differences with Bajie and Wukong in her review. Links below. 

Little White Mouse's Review of Bajie: 

Little White Mouse's Review of Wukong: 

Edited by Aldunis
  • Cool 4

[_BDA_]
Members
141 posts
3,659 battles
40 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Hello!  I am curious what people think of the Journey to the West vessels. 

They are the following:

-The Tier IX battleship Wujing

-The Tier VIII aircraft carrier Sanzang

-The Tier IX battleship Bajie

-The Tier VIII cruiser Wukong

What are they based on?  Are they worth playing (price is not a factor to me)?

Thanks!

I can't comment on either Wujing and Sanzang but Bajie ia an Izumo that has better accuracy (2.1 Sigma) shell velocity and range but has worse reload.

The Wukong is a Charles Martel that loses access to Reload Booster, Hydro, and Engine boost but gains 12km Deepwater Torps, Torpedo Reload Booster and 1 second faster reload. 

I'll leave up to you to decode whether those trade offs are worth it.  

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Cool 1

Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles

Wujing  = MN Alsace

Bajie = Fujimoto Yamato design(Izumo)

Sanzang = USS Saipan

Wukong = MN Charles Martel

All are named for characters from the Ming Dynasty novel Journey to the West. Why actual Chinese ships were not used is beyond me. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
49 posts
11,744 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

Wujing  = MN Alsace

Bajie = Fujimoto Yamato design(Izumo)

Sanzang = USS Saipan

Wukong = MN Charles Martel

All are named for characters from the Ming Dynasty novel Journey to the West. Why actual Chinese ships were not used is beyond me. 

Because there are no suitable Chinese ships that can be tiered that high, other than maybe Destroyers and even those would be mostly Soviet (or US if using Taiwan). In order to wring the most money possible, WG needed the ships to be Tiers 8-9, hence the reason they used what they did.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
116 battles

I have the bajie I got fed up with the insane grind of wows and didn't have a lot of time to play so I forked over 30 bucks for 7500 dubs and bought 6 containers only really expecting camos, on my 6th pull I ended up getting the bajie though, so far I have really enjoyed it its super fun to play it's like a pan Asian Izumo which isn't bad the turret placement lets you angle pretty well too I'm not the best certainly not unicum but I still have a lot of fun even with the fun police and the campy nature of top tier games now and I honestly think that's what matters the most if you think you would enjoy one of these ships and your willing to spend the money go ahead the are pretty much copies of other ships with some slight tweaks. 

Edited by Not_today_satin_2020
  • Cool 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles

Hey

Got the Bajie today in one of the containers and it's a good boat, good guns, decent handling.  Game 1: 100800 damage and a loss sank 1 ship, Game 2:  124674 damage and win sank 3 ships.  Nice to see guns that actually work and that was without dead eye.  I also got the Alsace clone and it was ok at around 78K and a win in it, 1 kill.  Wasn't as good as Bajie.

Pete